February, the short month !!!!!!!!!

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
E M T in Indy, just finished one cluster fxxk of a load. Felt like I was on a episode of shipping wars..........:banghead:

sent from my Galaxy S3

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
STARTING TODAY [one week ago today] [name withheld], OUR DRIVER IMPLEMENTATION COORDINATOR WILL BE CALLING DRIVER ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY MORNINGS IF YOU HAVE BEEN OUR(sic) OF SERVICE FOR MORE THAN 72 HOURS WITHOUT AN EXPLANTION. WHEN YOU TAKE YOURSELF OUR OF SERVICE BE SURE YOU SET THE TIME YOU WILL BE BACK IN SERVICE SO WE ARE NOT BOTHERING YOU. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ON HOW TO DO THAT PLEASE GET WITH MATT IN THE SHOP. WE ARE TRYING TO BOOK LOADS FOR AS MANY DRIVERS AS POSSIBLE AND WE HAVE TO KNOW WHO IS IN SERVICE AND WHO IS NOT.

Sooo, I'm OOS, Reason Code: 6-Repairs, with a listed "Projected Return to Service" date and time of tomorrow (Tuesday 02/25/2014) at 0900.

Today (Monday 02/24/2014) someone from, I can only assume, Panther calls me and leaves a voice mail telling me he's checking on me to see how I'm doing, and to see if I have any idea of when I'll be going back In-Service, and that I should call Dispatch and let them know what my plans are. I assume Panther, even though he said he was from Load One, because only someone from Panther would call me to ask my plans when my plans are clearly noted on the Macro23 message that was sent when I went OOS.

So let's break this down, shall we?

OUR DRIVER IMPLEMENTATION COORDINATOR
What the Hеll is that?

OUT OF SERVICE FOR MORE THAN 72 HOURS WITHOUT AN EXPLANTION
Reason Code: 6-Repairs, with a future projected return date. If the projected return date changes, and it appears that it might, I will, as always, update that with another message containing a new, updated return date and time.

WHEN YOU TAKE YOURSELF OUR OF SERVICE BE SURE YOU SET THE TIME YOU WILL BE BACK IN SERVICE SO WE ARE NOT BOTHERING YOU.
I was explicitly sure to set the time I will be back in service, expressly so as not to be bothered and so that dispatch won't be wasting their time wondering if they should be trying to find me a load. Didn't work.

IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ON HOW TO DO THAT PLEASE GET WITH MATT IN THE SHOP.
I guess I need to get with Matt, 'cause clearly "6" is doing it wrong, and apparently I'm typing in the date and time way wrong, even though it looks spot on when you see it on Fleetvision:
OUT OF SERVICE
I AM GOING OUT OF SERVICE NOW
REASON CODES:
1 – SLEEP
2 – VACATION
3 – PERSONAL
4 – WEEKEND
5 – COMPLIANCE
6 – REPAIRS
7 – SICK
REASON: 6
POSSIBLE RETURN TO SERVICE DATE AND TIME: 0225 0900

WE ARE TRYING TO BOOK LOADS FOR AS MANY DRIVERS AS POSSIBLE AND WE HAVE TO KNOW WHO IS IN SERVICE AND WHO IS NOT.
Uhm, I'm not in service. That's what OUT OF SERVICE means.

I'm just sayin' :D

Just using a little absurd humor to illustrate a little absurdity.

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Turtle,

Have messages in checking on it. He is working off reports which should exclude the trucks that have the reason and return to service information filled out. The idea being that it will also help reinforce for the fleet to use this function and no one will need to call unless the date has passed. It may be a reporting issue for than anything, but we will find out.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm in service and haven't even had a call in 72 hours. Turtle you should feel special.. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got the call for an am pu!

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
He works with new drivers for the first 90 days to help them through the transition from orientation to well acclimated driver. We found it was often frustrating for new drivers as they didn't know where to get questions answered or help with things. Kind of a guide and a resource for the new drivers and owner operators.

Also we did find a system issue that is not working correctly between the satellites and the system that they are working to correct.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turtle,

Have messages in checking on it. He is working off reports which should exclude the trucks that have the reason and return to service information filled out. The idea being that it will also help reinforce for the fleet to use this function and no one will need to call unless the date has passed. It may be a reporting issue for than anything, but we will find out.
I just thought it was funny, how that message said be sure to do this, this and this, so we won't bother you... and after doing all that (which I always do anyway) it didn't make any difference. :D

I have a feeling he's just looking at trucks that have been OOS for more than 72 hours, regardless of stated return date/time, because you can't actually send the macro without entering a date and time. You can send it without entering a reason, tho (I think).

But, it wasn't a bother at all (other than having to endure a mad rush of Panther flashbacks when I got the voice mail).

FWIW, I've had to re-send my OOS macro with a new return date, because not everything is fixed yet. I went to my regular non-Sprinter mechanic and they got most everything done, but they don't do much diesel-specific stuff, and they ain't got a clue as to why at 2000 RPMs my turbocharger is squealing like Ned Beatty's tea kettle.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
He works with new drivers for the first 90 days to help them through the transition from orientation to well acclimated driver. We found it was often frustrating for new drivers as they didn't know where to get questions answered or help with things. Kind of a guide and a resource for the new drivers and owner operators.

Also we did find a system issue that is not working correctly between the satellites and the system that they are working to correct.

I thought that was why we are here. We only want to help..........:rolleyes:

sent using my Galaxy Tablet

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I do think on the Vehicle Service Status page, where on the left under Vehicle Information, it lists Vehicle ID, Vehicle Type, Current Status... it should also list Projected Return Status if the Current Status is Out of Service. But that's a Fleetvision thing.

On a completely unrelated note, today I received 10,000 Gold Rewards points for my 30 months of service. That's pretty awesome.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You can send the OOS msg without a return date and time.

I see that. But you can't send it without inputting a Reason number.

Yeah, they need to fix that so the Send button stays grayed out until all fillable fields are fully filled (and a check so that the return date isn't in the past).

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They did fix it, they told us to fill it in easy peasy.