Expediter Services leaving E-1

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's not really unprovoked, tho. These are supposedly independent contractors, yet, "This is the FIRST company that I have ever worked for who has stood behind the drivers 100%...", which is an employee talking.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
And that is a big part of why she hasn't posted over the years.
Beacon is a personal friend of mine. I just realized, its a sad statement. My best girlfriends (Beacon, SusieQ52, and Century49) are all quiet ones when it comes to posting on EO.
Tell me something, if you had seen me listed as her friend when you looked at her profile would you have accused her of SPAM?

If I'd looked at Beacon's profile, I'd have known that it isn't spam, because I know you, and you don't get fooled very often. But I didn't check the profile. :(
PS I sometimes envy the 'quiet ones', but I sure don't understand how they do it, lol.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's not really unprovoked, tho. These are supposedly independent contractors, yet, "This is the FIRST company that I have ever worked for who has stood behind the drivers 100%...", which is an employee talking.

Not following the logic: if they speak as an employee, which many independent contractors do simply out of longstanding familiarity with the terminology, they are de facto provoking ridicule and contempt?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
If I'd looked at Beacon's profile, I'd have known that it isn't spam, because I know you, and you don't get fooled very often. But I didn't check the profile. :(
PS I sometimes envy the 'quiet ones', but I sure don't understand how they do it, lol.

Well I certainly can admit I can be wrong, I guess Beacon is a friend of other members. I just looked at the fact that I asked some follow up questions that went unanswered even though the person was clearly following the post and she is so enthusiastic about ES. She could have simply told me it was none of my business if she didn't want to answer. Then looking at the fact it was the one and only post of this member made it seem odd. On top of that when you read other posts supposedly from other drivers from ES they all seem to follow the same format, it just seemed to me to add up to no good.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Have you seen my collection of ex-husbands??? :eek:
In this case, we've been friends for about 5 years. She has been an o/o for her entire expediting career.

Could you please let her know there were some follow up questions? If she sees what I wrote I was not attacking her because I think she is wrong it was because I thought it was an office person trying to play themselves off as a driver. I asked the questions because I don't know enough about the company and I am curious to get answers as to why some think ES is the greatest ever compared to all the negativity that is out there about ES. I still have my class A and have been looking at some options.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Well I certainly can admit I can be wrong, I guess Beacon is a friend of other members. I just looked at the fact that I asked some follow up questions that went unanswered even though the person was clearly following the post and she is so enthusiastic about ES. She could have simply told me it was none of my business if she didn't want to answer. Then looking at the fact it was the one and only post of this member made it seem odd. On top of that when you read other posts supposedly from other drivers from ES they all seem to follow the same format, it just seemed to me to add up to no good.

She told me last night that she thought she must have done something wrong when she answered your questions, because her answer didn't post. Since I'm a technidiot and she uses a Droid, I couldn't give her guidance on how to quote. After the continued responses (snort), she had no desire to attempt to explain her business choices.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Totally understand - the posts do sound pretty similar, [but some folks just use words that already say how they feel, rather than try to say it in different words], and if I didn't know Jeanie to be exceptionally honest, I would have been sure it's BS, too.
Maybe, we might just PM 'friends' next time, asking "Do you know this person?"
Because one thing that makes EO great is that a lot of us do know each other. Sure helps cut down on the BS anyone can expect to get away with, lol.:D

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
If Jeanie says the poster is legit... I'm satisfied.

Dale

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not following the logic: if they speak as an employee, which many independent contractors do simply out of longstanding familiarity with the terminology, they are de facto provoking ridicule and contempt?
In the context of what you pointed out as the example, and specifically what the example was referring to, yes.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
She told me last night that she thought she must have done something wrong when she answered your questions, because her answer didn't post. Since I'm a technidiot and she uses a Droid, I couldn't give her guidance on how to quote. After the continued responses (snort), she had no desire to attempt to explain her business choices.

All she has to do is press and hold down on the post she wants to quote and it brings up a menu with the choice to quote there. I would be very happy if she could answer, I just didn't want to hear how great ES is from a recruiter.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
In the context of what you pointed out as the example, and specifically what the example was referring to, yes.

After reading your reply 6 times, I still don't know what it means, and I still don't agree with it.
Snort.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
After reading your reply 6 times, I still don't know what it means, and I still don't agree with it.
Snort.

Basically he is saying if a driver acts, thinks, and responds as just a driver, how good of a business decision could they be making?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thank you. That's exactly right. :)

Are you saying that anyone who is 'just a driver' is making poor business decisions and therefore provoking contempt and ridicule from the members who feel their own business decisions are superior? Really?
Or did I misunderstand?

FREE TO FAIL

Seasoned Expediter
Got to chime in again, Turtle your a card! I thought you were quite right in your analysis of the drive-by blow ES post. Part of the purpose of this forum is to educate, and as well we all know, no deal is wonderful, they all have warts. I see it as a recruiting spam as well.

So this companies moving to Fedex right, no doubt they will elect the flat rate program, so will the driver (and i use the term driver with specificity) be looking at a whopping 35 cents a mile? For sit around expedite? Ugg. And teams going to split that? Wowee what a fiscal triumph! Take out the costs and whats left? I really want to know..... Give me some numbers please!