Expediter Services leaving E-1

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Re: Expedite Services leaving E-1

Just from my perspective is that E/Services is looking for inexperienced people to fill seats. Kind of like the Werner and others way of filling seats. They know they will leave after finding out how their getting screwed so they have another in the wings waiting for that ride. I see Fed Ex not putting up with this practice once they are flooded with applications for those trucks. I also see about half of their trucks being parked because no one's qualified to fill the Fed Ex trucks. I don't think they will go to L/Star because it takes quite a while to get approved and qualified to contract with them. They also don't take new people on like other company's. I don't see Expediter Services being in business after a couple more years.:rolleyes:

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter

Just from my perspective is that E/Services is looking for inexperienced people to fill seats. Kind of like the Werner and others way of filling seats. They know they will leave after finding out how their getting screwed so they have another in the wings waiting for that ride. I see Fed Ex not putting up with this practice once they are flooded with applications for those trucks. I also see about half of their trucks being parked because no one's qualified to fill the Fed Ex trucks. I don't think they will go to L/Star because it takes quite a while to get approved and qualified to contract with them. They also don't take new people on like other company's. I don't see Expediter Services being in business after a couple more years.:rolleyes:

I didn't realize that E1, Fed Ex and Landstar were the only expedite companies. There are plenty more carriers they can run through imo.

The market is big enough that people withbad reputationscan almost always find someone that doesn't know of them.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

I didn't realize that E1, Fed Ex and Landstar were the only expedite companies. There are plenty more carriers they can run through imo.

The market is big enough that people withbad reputationscan almost always find someone that doesn't know of them.

Maybe you should read it again. I did not refer to them as the only ones. I was refering to them because of what others were saying about them. They are among the largest and their hiring practices are somewhat more stringient than others.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
macavoy wrote:

No small to mid size carrier could or would take Expediter Services on with the # of truck and the demands they would bring....

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter

There aren't that many large companies that can absorb adding or losing 30 vehicles at a whack. As a carrier, I would have to be pretty darn sure I had a handle on what I was getting involved with. Would I have to regularly deal with a fleet threatening to pull it's fleet if they didn't get special treatment?

eb

charlies1gal

Seasoned Expediter
Of course Expediter Services is in it for the money, AREN'T YOU?? I know I am and my husband and I have worked WITH them since 2008. We have worked for other "so called" Fleet Owners at Panther and been taken to the CLEANERS & LIED too, but working for Expediter Services has been the best experience we have had over ALL!!!! They are as loyal to their drivers as their drivers are to them!!!! We left them 1 time for 2 1/2 months for what we thought was a better deal and ended up with a lieing Fleet Mgr. who worked under a lieing Fleet owner with Crappy trucks & they expected US to find a place to have it serviced (ON OUR OWN & PREFERABLY WHILE WE WERE ON HOMETIME)!! Then had a cow when they had to pay for it. When they did send it to "their prefered service" it was not fixed properly & they blamed us!!!! WE also had to keep track of the mileage we drove in EACH STATE, because they did their own fuel taxes. It was a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!! expediter Services welcomed us back with OPEN ARMS and I don't plan to EVER LEAVE. They also keep you from sitting in dead or over crowded spots "as much as possible" which is most of the time!!! As far as a Panther Carrier Fleet Owner, My Husband and I think E/S IS the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

charlies1gal

Seasoned Expediter

They have been in business for quite some time and will be for a long time to come!!!! They have Trucks on with Fex EX also and Panther. We have driven for them since 2008 and they have been around since long before that. They are 1 of the LARGEST

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter

Maybe you should read it again. I did not refer to them as the only ones. I was refering to them because of what others were saying about them. They are among the largest and their hiring practices are somewhat more stringient than others.

I was referring to your last statement where "you" claim that they would only be in business for a couple of years.

There is nothing preventing from them moving the 30 trucks to 30 small carriers. Or wherever but you implied that once they run through the big 3, they are out of business.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
macavoy wrote:

No small to mid size carrier could or would take Expediter Services on with the # of truck and the demands they would bring....

I was responding to purpose's comment that they would be out of business in a couple of years. Expedite services would likely change thei demands if they ruined their relationship with the big carriers and likely wouldn't make such demands with smaller carriers as the smaller carriers wouldn't be able to do so but ES would need to find a place (which there are many besides the big 3 was my point) in purpose's hypothetical scenario of ruining their rep with the big 3.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I have learned anything from this industry, its if you don't own the truck you are screwed. I like the fact that I can do as I please when ever I please and have no one saying you can't do that

beacon

Seasoned Expediter
I have been a lurker on EO since 2002. I've learned a lot of good positive information here for that I thank all of you that put thought into your post/remarks.
Now the reason for this post. I'm currently a leased owner/operator with Expediter Services. From the first time I called them they have been leaps and bounds above all other companies out there. They are open, honest, knowledgeable, and have done everything they said they would and more. I have never been treated with so much respect. Their staff is the best in the business, in my opinion, and believe me I've been with several different expedite carriers. Expediter Services program saved me $$$ over the carriers rates for fuel discounts, all necessary insurance, and repairs. They have a freight board available to use to see what freight/units/miles has been dispatched out of any area. Very useful information when deciding whether to accept a load and where to move after delivering.
I have friends that drive Expediter Services units and they feel the same way, one person told me they will never move to a different owner.
At the end of the day, an owner/independent driver can't do any better then to become part of the Expediter Services team. :)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
At the end of the day, an owner/independent driver can't do any better then to become part of the Expediter Services team. :)

These are actual questions and not attacks, I know sometimes online it is not always clear. How many other fleet owners have you been with that you know they are the best? How does your pay compare to the industry? Do you have a per mile, monthly, or yearly rate that you would be willing to share?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I could dispute that.:D

I would have to agree Dave. We both pay our drivers more than 35%. I don't see anything wrong with that either, if the person wants to drive a brand new truck and get 35% that is their choice.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
For those who remember the recent past, this is starting to get comical again.

I was thinking it might be someone from ES so I tried to ask some follow up questions or to see if I was dead wrong and they really are a great company. I think I got my answer though when it appears the person posting in their defense seems to follow the same form as the link you pointed out.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Parts of post# 32 read like a badly scripted fake testimonial on the back of a recruiting brochure. <snort>

Let's start with giving me some instant cred, and buttering-up you all so you'll take me seriously and won't think I created this name for just such an occasion...

I have been a lurker on EO since 2002. I've learned a lot of good positive information here for that I thank all of you that put thought into your post/remarks.

Now that we've got that out of the way, here's the sales pitch...

From the first time I called them they have been leaps and bounds above all other companies out there.

Not just better than, but leaps! and bounds! golly! wow! above not just some or most, but all other companies out there. Because, you know, you can tell that from the very first time you call.

They are open, honest, knowledgeable, and have done everything they said they would and more.

But wait, there's more!

I have never been treated with so much respect.

So if you too, have been crapped on your entire life, you will finally get some (or at least a little, I'm not sure, as I have no frame of reference) respect here.

Their staff is the best in the business, in my opinion, and believe me I've been with several different expedite carriers.

Oh, yes, believe me. I know what I'm talking about.

Expediter Services program saved me $$$ over the carriers rates for fuel discounts, all necessary insurance, and repairs.

"Did I read that right? You want another take? I think I should punch "all" a little more, maybe give "and" a little juice, too. Whaddya think?"

They have a freight board available to use to see what freight/units/miles has been dispatched out of any area. Very useful information when deciding whether to accept a load and where to move after delivering.

Golly. I don't know of any carriers who have anything like that! Wow!

I have friends that drive Expediter Services units and they feel the same way, one person told me they will never move to a different owner.

"Have you accepted Expediter Services as your personal savior?"

At the end of the day, an owner/independent driver can't do any better then to become part of the Expediter Services team.

Thank you for your support.

1215011.jpg

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Now the reason for this post. I'm currently a leased owner/operator with Expediter Services.

Notice, Beacon is an o/o leased thru Expediter Services.

From the first time I called them they have been leaps and bounds above all other companies out there. They are open, honest, knowledgeable, and have done everything they said they would and more. I have never been treated with so much respect. Their staff is the best in the business, in my opinion, and believe me I've been with several different expedite carriers. Expediter Services program saved me $$$ over the carriers rates for fuel discounts, all necessary insurance, and repairs. They have a freight board available to use to see what freight/units/miles has been dispatched out of any area. Very useful information when deciding whether to accept a load and where to move after delivering.

Her experience has been that as a 'one of ', by leasing her equipment to a carrier, but under the ES umbrella, she has the advantages a large fleet can offer.

She has been running as an expediter longer than I have, but not with as many different carriers. :eek:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
She has been running as an expediter longer than I have, but not with as many different carriers. :eek:

It is almost the same as Facebook, you are contacted by someone you don't know, you look at the profile and there is only the minimum amount of information there needed, you know it is SPAM. This poster claims to have been here since 2002, never signed up until 2010, never posted a thing until now, and never responded to the questions. Well golly gee I guess it is all just a coincidence. If you are going to setup fake profiles anywhere you need to hire people that are at least willing to give it some effort to cover the BS you are about to hand out.