Expediter Services leaving E-1

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Stop and think about it.... You cant have large numbers of trucks with carriers, if you dont have the drivers to drive them. Sounds to me like someone is making money, and its not just the fleet owner.

Raymond Express

Just because a company fills truck seats doesn't mean they are great or good paying. I would recommend you take a look at companies like Swift, JB Hunt, etc.,they can fill the seat for a little while because they take advantage of people that don't educate themselves or people that need experience. People there will think they are doing good until they start looking at other companies and realize how much they are missing out on. The other issue is if you get your 6 months or a year in why would you want to take a position that pays less, the goal should be to move up.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Raymond Expr

Active Expediter
Re: Expedite Services leaving E-1

Just from my perspective is that E/Services is looking for inexperienced people to fill seats. Kind of like the Werner and others way of filling seats. They know they will leave after finding out how their getting screwed so they have another in the wings waiting for that ride. I see Fed Ex not putting up with this practice once they are flooded with applications for those trucks. I also see about half of their trucks being parked because no one's qualified to fill the Fed Ex trucks. I don't think they will go to L/Star because it takes quite a while to get approved and qualified to contract with them. They also don't take new people on like other company's. I don't see Expediter Services being in business after a couple more years.:rolleyes:
Hey {DELETED} look again, we are going to be here for a long long time, and we now have owner operators onboard

{Moderator Edit: Expediter Services may or may not be here for a long time, that's pure speculation on everybody's part. But I do know one thing, if you call someone a name simply because you disagree with their opinions, your won't be here on EO very long. - Turtle}

Last edited by a moderator:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Hey {DELETED} look again, we are going to be here for a long long time, and we now have owner operators onboard

Name calling? Great way to get people to listen. So you have some O/O's onboard and you think that means the company is solid. Do you realize how many go bankrupt every year due to poor business decisions?

Last edited by a moderator:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I haven't checked yet but I am wondering if by O/O he meant they are leasing the truck.

I don't know. That's what I was refering to some time back about trying to figure out what they are doing. I hear they train drivers or help them get their first truck with low down stroke. They do their bookkeeping, they dispatch them some how through a carrier and other stuff but don't know what. Now I hear they have team trucks going to FDCC. So????:confused:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
now with EOBR they don't even have to draw the lines...LOL the quality is dropping....LOL

Don't laugh too hard. The more technology you put in a truck, the less you have to rely on a driver to do and the less valuable the driver becomes. More technology means more commoditized drivers that can be lower paid and more easily replaced.

FedEx is carrying this concept to its logical conclusion. CEO Fred Smith is talking now about drone cargo planes that will fly themselves. No pilots. Surface transportation will take longer but the day is coming when drone trucks will mean no drivers.

Last edited:

Raymond Expr

Active Expediter
Ok yes i did do name calling, however i am man enough to say" I am truly sorry!". Now what is the difference in some name calling and the smack you all are saying about someone you have probablly never ran for? And as an O/O i mean I make my payments, to own my truck. Not lease!!! And get this, Average 2.83 per all miles. 10 mph.average 3000 team miles per week.... the whole nutshell is having a truck out here is still a bvusiness, and you have to run that truck like it is a business period. Once again "I'm sorry about the name calling."

movercash

Seasoned Expediter
Well I got a couple of questions answered. Very few post means spam, so I guess a lot or to many post means a bot. I work for ES @ 40% at FDCC. They are the first honest transportation co. I've worked for. But I've only been driving 10 years I know that there's more out there. They have never questioned me about fixing a truck and appreciate doing preventative work. I am very happy with them and really like the people in the office. If you want to talk to them everyday you can, if you don't then don't. No worries about the money, take a picture of your receipts email them and you are reimbursed the very next pay period. Don't have money for a hotel fax them a credit card authorization form and you don't have to worry about your money. A very good co. I'm proud to be associated with them.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Are there any EO members that are involved in this move from Express 1 to FedEx CC?
If so, perhaps they could chime in and tell us how the move is going.
Have they been qualified by FedEx, gone to orientation and run there first load yet?
Are they running percentage or flat rate?
How do they like there new carrier so far?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Are there any EO members that are involved in this move from Express 1 to FedEx CC?
If so, perhaps they could chime in and tell us how the move is going.
Have they been qualified by FedEx, gone to orientation and run there first load yet?
Are they running percentage or flat rate?
How do they like there new carrier so far?

A friend of a friend is one of those E-1 to FDCC drivers (husband/wife team). Through my friend I am learning of the details and experience. They were off the road when the change was announced and have yet to get to FedEx. They have other options but plan to give FedEx a try.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Now what is the difference in some name calling and the smack you all are saying about someone you have probablly never ran for?
One is the name calling of an EO member, which is not permitted by the Code of Conduct that you agreed to when you signed on here, and the other is smack-down smack which stems from verifiable trend of newly created usernames coming out of the woodwork with singe-digit posting histories spreading what appears to be rather choreographed damage-control slather, which is not in violation of the Code of Conduct.

Once again "I'm sorry about the name calling."
Thank you. :)

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
No they do not lease, or train, or dispatch, just office support

About the training I don't know as stated previously. Getting a truck and other things was taken from one of they're advertisements that I saw. There is just a lot of confusion about what exactly they do for the operator. A lot of positive things have been said but it still is somewhat foggy when it comes to doing someones paperwork for them as a management company. Then you see posts such as the one about almost $3.00 per mile. How are they getting $3 bucks a mile at FDCC?? I thought they were flat rate now. They tell you whether to take a load if it's profitable or going to a good area. How do they know where the other carriers strong points are?
So with that confusion, some people are just wanting to know how the system works. I for one would be interested in hearing they're whole program then all of this would be history.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
jj,

Why did you leave E1? Were you happy with your rates / miles when you were there? Would you go back to them if Fed dropped your rate by 10%?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I don't know if I am the jj that the above post is in reference to but I will answer anyway.
Expediter Services does have trucks in the TVAL section. We were one of the TVAL teams for them. We left ES because of a family health issue. When we returned they did not have a truck available for us so we found a different fleet owner to drive for until we bought our own truck.
We have never driven for Express 1.

fredb29617

Seasoned Expediter
I have leased with E-1 for over a year in a van. I left two weeks ago with very few runs low pay I felt I had no choices left. Had gone through our savings and were broke. The difference is night and day a smaller carrier is the way to go more run's and more money. I would look for other options beside this carrier.