Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Crouton!!! LOL!!! Crouton!!! I needed that... :)

Hey I thought we were like family or a community or something. I felt that this was a safe venue to share my inner most feelings and thoughts without retribution. (smiley face here)

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
OK, now I'll fess up folks. My screen name began many years ago when I was a child. Every year my folks would drag my sister and I to Bike Week at Daytona, FL. My Dad was Cheif Corner Man (in charge of all track flaggers and pickup men) each year and my mom was a flagger during the races. They would pull a three bike trailer behind the pickup with Dad's Harley Sportster, Mom's BSA, and my Sears Mini Bike.

Since my dad was on the track's payroll each year we were allowed to park and camp next to the Champion Spark Plug building in the infield. After the races each evening my parents and I would take off on our bikes for a few laps around the main track. There I was, pushing that Briggs and Stratton for all it was worth trying to get as high up the wall of the Big turn and not fall off. I became known as "the little streak n one".

It ended up as a 30 year tradition for my parents to go to bike week in Daytona even though my sister's and my interest turned to show horses. Also my Mom's older brother's daughter and her husband owned the Harley shop in Fort Lauderdale,FL for many years.

As years have passed the name has stayed but the reasons have changed. And I'll leave that up to the imagination! LOL:p

Last edited:

aileron

Expert Expediter
Aileron is a movable surface on the trailing edge of an airplane wing. I chose aileron because I just love airplanes. They are just so cool. I grew up in a village situated on the aproach line of an airport. I knew the schedule when an airplane would come in every day, and I would get up in a tree there and watch that plane until it would disappear. Not to mention that I knew what kind of plane that was just by the sound.
Many years later I relocated to the wonderful USA. Tried to get my pilot's license, but since it was after 9/11, they were kinda suspicious, so that did not work out. So, I started building and flying model airplanes and helicopters, the closest I could come to flying the real thing. The avatar is my latest addition to my airplane fleet, a plane powered by a miniature jet engine. The sound is so real, just like a real airplane.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My Avatar is 1 of my bikes, My wife bought it for me a few years back, for Christmas and the screen Name is just a Version of my email address.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Wow! Some great stories, thanks for asking. Mine, its a [ast and current really part time profession. Thank you PA Culinary Institute Le Cordon Bleu program at age 44.....Avatar, just my thinking of what is happening to our Constitution and our country....certainly nothing to be proud of........

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
My screen name is real easy, it's just a combination of my initials and my street address. My avitar is White Shoal Light Station. I was one of the last people to be a lighthouse keeper and I was stationed there in 1966.

cruzer

Not a Member
A smooth old ride(in my case a 57 chevy pu)slam it,pony it up and your cruisen or a cruzer.What I want to know is what is a dougtravels?LOL

Last edited:

truckn-lace

Seasoned Expediter
Being a woman amongst all you guys it is only fitting to give my response to why I picked my screen name too. Truckn-lace thats me Lacey on the C.B. and always out here trucking with Lace somewhere on. Don't always have to be in the strech pants scene. If your out here trucking as a Lady ya can still act and look and feel like one.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
I somehow relate what I do as being a Packmule; put a load on me and i'll carry it where it needs to go.

I recently learned that some thinks it better describes me as being an AZZ, but that was not really the intent.

soxydun

Seasoned Expediter
I have had my screen name for about 8 years. It is a play on my horse Honey. She is a dun colored Appaloosa with high white stockings. She's also kinda "sexy" so she's "soxydun."
The Avatar is because we have a wild herd of Pugs (6), of which 2 are generally our roadie companions. They've been to the Arctic Circle and across the US & Canada with us. Super Pugs you might say! LOL!:p

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
I got my screen name as a suggestion by Ebay. Every name I tried to use, was already taken. My first and middle name starts with j and b. After answering several questions on Ebay, it gave me several possibilities and one was bluejaybee. Since I like water (aqua), this seemed right for me. My avatar is my truck. LOL!

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I used to have the phrase Gotta Go, Gotta Go, Gotta Go Right Now, down the side of my truck. That is my answer when asked "what kind of freight do you haul". It has nothing, I repeat n-o-t-h-i-n-g, to do with the fact that I'm an old woman.
I picked the avatar because it looked like a self-portrait. :p

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jeanie, self portrait? C'mon - your nose is nowhere near that big :p
When Moot explained the origin of his name to me, he didn't include the part about buying the bread, and I asked if he'd started out to make bread, cos that's how I always ended up making croutons, lol ;)

criticalmass

Seasoned Expediter
In my case Moose was already taken. So I researched the phrase "Critical Mass" and found the statement that I use as my signature.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mine is kinda easy. Layout hunting is a very special type of duck hunting. It involves the use of a "layout boat". That boat and style of hunting was invented on the "Detroit River" many years ago by some people that I knew. Most are now long dead although there are still a few of the "Original" Layoutshooters still around and still hunting. The avatar is the logo of a friends company that produces layout boats. I own one of thier boats, a copy of one of the original boats built on the river. A Kalash one man layout boat. See the link below for pictures of John Kalash and the boat I own. Rookie hunts available this November!! Layoutshooter

http://www.mightylayoutboys.com/dom...5641d3505c786e10852574520013551c?OpenDocument

Last edited:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine is kinda easy. Layout hunting is a very special type of duck hunting. It involves the use of a "layout boat". That boat and style of hunting was invented on the "Detroit River" many years ago by some people that I knew. Most are now long dead although there are still a few of the "Original" Layoutshooters still around and still hunting. The avatar is the logo of a friends company that produces layout boats. I own one of thier boats, a copy of one of the original boats built on the river. A Kalash one man layout boat. See the link below for pictures of John Kalash and the boat I own. Rookie hunts available this November!! Layoutshooter

Mighty Layout Boys Products - John Kalash Legend I
You know, at first I thought you had one of the strangest screen names out there, but now that I know what "layout" means I think it's pretty cool and original. I had it in my mind that "layout" was something that happened after a lot of Budweiser and took place halfway between the garage and the house.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not until AFTER the hunt does that take place!! LOL. In reality the hunts are often followed up a huge dinners with friends and family. Layoutshooter