Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
It is fun seeing the different avatars and screen names used by members of this forum. After seeing Paid Vacationer's avatar and thinking about Terry's reponse regarding my screen name when I first posted here, I thought it would be fun and interesting to pose the following question:

What is it about yourself that made you choose the avatar or screen name that you use on this forum? :cool:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A sense of humor, irony and sarcasm.

I think it's funny that a turtle is an expediter, not to mention one that drives a Sprinter. But like a turtle, I take my home with me wherever I go, am nekkid inside of it, and will peek outside once in a while to see what's going on or to get something to eat.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Growing up in the Hood of Hoods in Memphica, I got the nick name of Steady Eddie....They said I wouldn't back down and was Steady on my feets....they didn't like Steady Hey You...so whien they found out my first name ...Born was Steady Eddie....Real name of the Hood was...it really was now....called Nutbush

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Real name of the Hood was...it really was now....called Nutbush

was made famous by Tina Turner

I've been some version of Pelicn since the first time I got an email address (which is the reason for the spelling). Growing up in FL and being a beach rat, they fascinated me. Graceful in the air, and clumsy on the ground....just like me :D

moose

Veteran Expediter
for the last year B4 visiting EO , i was driving a dedicated line ,to western Canada , and was to stop for the night many times to the legs of that amassing statue .
and the near by Tim Houston Restaurant have a good coffee for them long cold rides...(24/7 drive through window)
it is located on the trans Canadian , in Moose jaw ,
kind of hard to see , but it is -16* outside...

Moose.

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Growing up in the Hood of Hoods in Memphica, ...Real name of the Hood was...it really was now....called Nutbush

I cut through Nutbush on my way to a delivery in Brownsville. I was surprised to see the sign stating the home of Tina Turner. For some reason I thought Mississippi was her home state.

As for Nutbush, it has the Tina Turner sign and a couple of empty buildings. Not much of a "hood". But I guess if you are a shallow white person in need of getting in touch with your "roots" then Nutbush as the "hood" should suffice.

I reside in Coon Rapids, top that as the "hood" bro!

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
I was humbled by a near death (actually dead for 15 seconds)
experience and now I am just happy to be participating.

I must admit, it is difficult to maintain my humbleness on EO. A little attitude seems to make it more interesting.

I am looking forward to hearing about:

PJJJJ
Mentalgiant
Bubblehead
and of course "Lawrence", how did he come up with that one?

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
being a creature of the night,I became nightcreacher.started out on aol, nghtcrchr, then yahoo,but had to spell it in the form i use here.correct spelling was already taken.My avatars get changed now and then,but name remains the same

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My avatar is because I found the U.S. flag avatar before finding a Texas flag avatar so I went with it. My screen name is my initials.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Well 68 was one of my better summer growing up,and got to see herbie maybe 4 times, it wa great herbie is the bomb

so it reminds me to keep a young outlook on life.

and Mjolnir is the great one's hammer.

p,s, 131 was my enlistment number in the old viking navy

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got tagged with Moot during my college days in the 1970's. I lived in a house with 8 guys. Six of them were from Virgina, MN. A.K.A. da Range. The Mesabi Iron Range where men are men and most iron ore comes in the form of taconite pellets.

One day I stopped at the local bakery and picked up a variety of day old bread. When I got home I diced, seasoned and baked the bread into croutons. The kitchen was a mess with croutons set about to cool. A roommate, upon seeing the mess called me Mouton The F*cking Crouton. I guess the French translation has me, the sheep, doing unmentionables with dry bread. Anyway it got shortened to Moot the Crout and eventually to just Moot. I guess it fits me.

My college friends, their spouses and children all call me Moot. My canoeing buddies call me Nice Man, but that's another story. With my former LTL co-workers I'm Geronimo.

My avatar is a picture of my dog Lyla who's cuteness in no way resembles me. Arf!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Highway Star has been my CB handle since the '70s. The avatar? Is there anything cooler than an English Bulldog sticking it's tongue out? Seriously... Is there?

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
I don't have an avatar 'cause I can't figure out how to do it. The screen name is because I am old and was a college assistant professor. "The elderly assistant professor" seemed too long, so I shortened it to "theoldprof".

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
When my oldest granddaughter was a year and a half old she got a new baby sister. She couldn't pronounce her sisters name, Krista, so she called her Inka. We still call her Inka, it's just cute. So, since Inkas(NANA) sounds better than Inkas(GRANDMA), I went with that. Plus it is an accepted unique username for most things without having to add a bunch of numbers after it. :D

Oh, and the avatar is just one I found on a free avatar site that I really liked the look of. :D

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
I don't have an avatar 'cause I can't figure out how to do it. The screen name is because I am old and was a college assistant professor. "The elderly assistant professor" seemed too long, so I shortened it to "theoldprof".

maybe the picture of Einstein sticking his tongue out.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
last avatar was the moonrise over racine harbor. current is the back of my truck. might be the best view. screen name? did we need 2 guys here using their initials?

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Piper One is the name of my company. The namesake and chairman of the board is my best friend.

The avatars are random self caricatures of its primary employee.

Attachments

• Piper.jpg
    Piper.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 5