August 2010 locations

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
We are now suffering in the heat in Houston. Our APU can barely keep up. We will have to run the main engine once in a while. We delivered in San Antonio. We did have a run from College Station to New Mexico but that got gone. :( Now we are stuck here for now. Hope not for long.

I have a car I bought down in Houston, transport just picked it up today...didn't realize it was that hot down there

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
:confused::eek: WHAT can't keep up with the big boys anylonger??? Come on even us 'old men' are out in the heat delivering, even though I'm currently sitting in a 68 degree room waiting to deliver in the am in Hamilton, Oh.:)

you can go visit TJPohio in the morning

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
you can go visit TJPohio in the morning

NOT! sorry tjp.
Going to deliver in am, then right back to Florence, KY to visit EO offices and right back to SC. Pick up wife and take her to ashboro, NC for her vacation. :) Then back to be ready to run again next week.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
..As soon as I get the Sprinter back i'm takin it into a PhoneBooth...;) When I come out I'll be ??? :eek:

A straight truck?
Glad to hear you're finally gonna be rollin again.
[/QUOTE]

Nope...I'll have new logo's on the side of the sprinter...:D an Daniella in my passanger seat ;) (jk, but when in Cleveland were gonna hang out) lol

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nope...I'll have new logo's on the side of the sprinter...:D an Daniella in my passanger seat ;) (jk, but when in Cleveland were gonna hang out) lol[/QUOTE]

If it's ok with Dani, it's ok with me - [she doesn't take my advice on whom to hang out with anyway, lol]:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Hartland wisc this morning at 0530..ran over to the Walmart and went to bed...Dispatch just woke me up with a over the weekend run from Deerfield Wisc (47 mile DH) to the heat of El Paso for a Monday AM delivery....

So I my few yrs of running down to Texas, I have never spent the night in El Paso, been there a time or 3, but never stayed over night or even took a nap other then in the parking lot of 1 delivery... so figurin I'll get in there Sunday late...where do you all stay when down there????

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dropped in Hartland wisc this morning at 0530..ran over to the Walmart and went to bed...Dispatch just woke me up with a over the weekend run from Deerfield Wisc (47 mile DH) to the heat of El Paso for a Monday AM delivery....

So I my few yrs of running down to Texas, I have never spent the night in El Paso, been there a time or 3, but never stayed over night or even took a nap other then in the parking lot of 1 delivery... so figurin I'll get in there Sunday late...where do you all stay when down there????

We usually went to the J just on the east side of town...but some go to exit 1 on the west side....ElPaso within the limits some things are taxed at 15%:eek:....as to 7%...especially if you get a room...

if you go east J and against the wall..watch for them fire ants!!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Fire ants....crawling up the cord from the generator into the truck.....i vaguely remember hearing a story about that!!:D

Thanks for the warning!! :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Fire ants....crawling up the cord from the generator into the truck.....i vaguely remember hearing a story about that!!:D

Thanks for the warning!! :D

the girl I remember that bit up pretty bad when JuJu and were down there..the ants crawled up the tires and thru the firewall...I carry a can of OFF and spray the tires when I park...seems to work....

the water from the AC seems to attract them and the T's...

dotcommark

Seasoned Expediter
I've been sitting here outside of Detroit since Tuesday. This is really starting to suck. It beats being stuck down in the hear at least.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up in Michigan yesterday dropped in Cleveland TN this morning. Ran over east of Chattanooga to get up higher on the boards. Got some more sleep now waiting to see if the phone rings today.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up in Michigan yesterday dropped in Cleveland TN this morning. Ran over east of Chattanooga to get up higher on the boards. Got some more sleep now waiting to see if the phone rings today.

Mine hasn't rang for 65 hours!!! except twice from you...*LOL*

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Dropped my load in Laredo yesterday around 16:00 (.... 17 hours early :D) and went to bed and slept for about 6 hours ..... then I got up and ate, screwed around talking on the phone for a couple of hours, and went back to bed for another 8 hours .....

Just woke up and grabbed a shower ..... now I think I'm gonna see about getting my ears lowered ..... then maybe some Starbucks .... :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dropped my load in Laredo yesterday around 16:00 (.... 17 hours early :D) and went to bed and slept for about 6 hours ..... then I got up and ate, screwed around talking on the phone for a couple of hours, and went back to bed for another 8 hours .....

Just woke up and grabbed a shower ..... now I think I'm gonna see about getting my ears lowered ..... then maybe some Starbucks .... :D

by my calculations you did not take a 5 hour safety break...Mr Supervannerman.....*LOL* shame on you...