August 2010 locations

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We ran a load from Kalamazoo to Chicago. Ran straight over about 5 miles and picked up a load from Chicago to Ft. Worth, TX. Now sitting in Ft. Worth. Had a load today that canceled till tomorrow. Ft. Worth to San Antonio. Killing time in this awful heat.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You went FROM Saginaw TO Fllint!?!? Dang!! I get out of Flint as soon as I drop and head the 35 miles up TO the Saginaw "J"...There is no way and nothing that would have me sitting in Flint waiting for a load....You are a braver man then me...

And on another note, I dropped in Flint last week across the street from the old GM plant there. They are in the middle of site planning and getting ready to tear down the old GM North plant in Flint...the South plant has work going on with different companies leasing space, but the North is empty and is coming down...

Why would anyone move? Strategy wise the 30 miles makes little difference either way...drop and stop...your either closer to Lapeer/Marysville or closer to Bay City..

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Another day in Salinas Calif been cool here last few days 50 s at night and only in the 60 s during the day

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
After some extended time off :D I went back in service this past Friday at 2nd out within 50/100 miles ....

In less than 60 minutes Dispatch had me a load, western PA to up around Albany, NY ..... as I was on the way to the p/u Dispatch called and asked if I would be willing to make another stop in Grove City, PA going to the same place (well .... of course :D)

After I picked up in Grove City and was on the way to Albany, Dispatch called again and predispatched me on one picking up Saturday morning in Elmira, NY going to Monticello, WI for Monday.

I dropped in Monticello around 08:00 Monday and then went to bed until Dispatch called at 14:00 with a load picking up over around Kenosha going to Lawrenceville, GA.

Dropped that one yesterday around 09:00 ....

They called with another one yesterday around noon going back up into TN but I passed on it preferring to get a little shuteye instead ....

Currently baking at the Starbucks in Commerce, GA ....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
After some extended time off :D I went back in service this past Friday at 2nd out within 50/100 miles ....

In less than 60 minutes Dispatch had me a load, western PA to up around Albany, NY ..... as I was on the way to the p/u Dispatch called and asked if I would be willing to make another stop in Grove City, PA going to the same place (well .... of course :D)

After I picked up in Grove City and was on the way to Albany, Dispatch called again and predispatched me on one picking up Saturday morning in Elmira, NY going to Monticello, WI for Monday.

I dropped in Monticello around 08:00 Monday and then went to bed until Dispatch called at 14:00 with a load picking up over around Kenosha going to Lawrenceville, GA.

Dropped that one yesterday around 09:00 ....

They called with another one yesterday around noon going back up into TN but I passed on it preferring to get a little shuteye instead ....

Currently baking at the Starbucks in Commerce, GA ....

2 Bolts in relatively the same area...any bets? Sprinter vs CV....

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
2 Bolts in relatively the same area...any bets? Sprinter vs CV....
My bets are it will depend on who is closest to the freight .... and/or how tall the freight is ;)

Of course, if it was based strictly on charming personality, there's no doubt I'd be rolling first ..... :rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My bets are it will depend on who is closest to the freight .... and/or how tall the freight is ;)

Of course, if it was based strictly on charming personality, there's no doubt I'd be rolling first ..... :rolleyes:

obviously, of course...*LOL*;):rolleyes:

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finally the KING of Expedite will be roaming the great roads of this country again within the next couple of days!!! :D Hope y'all are safe out there and I'll see ya on the road sometime i'm Express-1 Sprinter 2451...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Aw with Randy in Commerce, there are 4 Bolt units here, 2 Sprinters 2 CV.....as for charming personalities, i'll concede that one to any of the others sitting here...:D

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Aw with Randy in Commerce, there are 4 Bolt units here, 2 Sprinters 2 CV .....
..... one less now ..... looks like I'm gonna go join the big party ..... western South Carolina to Laredo .....

How many Bolt's down there Jack ?

as for charming personalities, i'll concede that one to any of the others sitting here...:D
LOL .... well, at least your wife thinks you're charming, right ? :D (that's one better than mine :eek:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Rlent wrote:

well, at least your wife thinks you're charming, right ?

Sometimes...but my mom is still alive...but then she has her moments with me also....but my kids...well only when they need or want something....forget it this hole is getting big enough now...:rolleyes:

I'd move on my own dime, but I hate to leave when I am #1 within 100 miles...I'll give them until the morning and see what happens. It will be thrusday and I migh head to Charlotte. figure i won't get anything out of there for a few day and visited the new Nascar Hall of Fame and enjoy a good dinner over the weekend.....

And he was 100 miles closer to it then i was...so he wins!!

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finally the KING of Expedite will be roaming the great roads of this country again within the next couple of days!!! :D Hope y'all are safe out there and I'll see ya on the road sometime i'm Express-1 Sprinter 2451...

Oh boy, yet another one that needs a lesson on how to be hubble....

Wellcome back "King"

Gonna buy some Deer Alarms??

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
Home right now, load in am to Hamilton, OH for Friday am, then back home and off to Ashboro, NC

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ran a load from livingston TN to Wayne MI. Going to hang here until about 9 and see if something pops then head for perrysburg.