another j to watch

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Thats why JuJu's garden gets bigger every year...home grown veggies and pickles and tomatoe sauces and dill pickles...all her herbs she grinds up...

gonna start a horseradish patch this year too babe...Sure am hoping spring comes early...the snowing and blowing are reeking havoc with the electric...up and down all day!

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Ok everyone calm down you wont have to gripe about the J buffet much longer the J is getting rid of them including the salad bars

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Sounds Like Charlie Tuna told you a Fish Story :D
Poorboy,

I really hope the above was meant literally ..... and didn't have some other implied meaning ..... but just in case it wasn't :D:

F/V Browns Point (190'+ factory trawler out of Seattle, crewed around 45), bow from the port side, tied up on the sand spit in Dutch:

Attachments

• Browns Point - Bow.jpg
    Browns Point - Bow.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

The bridge in the wheelhouse (I actually got to drive at one point ... at night, out in the middle of the Bering Sea :eek: .... First Mate had the watch .... but needed to use the w/c :D):

Attachments

• Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

Our sister ship, the Rebecca Irene, anchored in Dutch (she was about 50' shorter and crewed about 15 less people):

Attachments

• Rebbeca Irene.jpg
    Rebbeca Irene.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
gonna start a horseradish patch this year too babe...Sure am hoping spring comes early...the snowing and blowing are reeking havoc with the electric...up and down all day!

I've grown horseradish for years,started with 1 plant,for personal use, now got so much I can't give it all away.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I've grown horseradish for years,started with 1 plant,for personal use, now got so much I can't give it all away.

Oh let me at it...I managed to kill a big patch of it when we moved home and have been trying to regrow it ever since...

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Poorboy,

I really hope the above was meant literally ..... and didn't have some other implied meaning ..... but just in case it wasn't :D:

F/V Browns Point (190'+ factory trawler out of Seattle, crewed around 45), bow from the port side, tied up on the sand spit in Dutch:

Nah, Just Teasin Layout a Little Bit :D

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Where we eat and what we eat is a personal choice. Unless u eat in ur cv or straight truck, u are at the mercy of people with dirty hands, bad hygiene habits and so on and so forth. Have u ever noticed the folks that are cooking ur food? Well its a thought,,,,,,,,,,runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, :eek:

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Where we eat and what we eat is a personal choice. Unless u eat in ur cv or straight truck, u are at the mercy of people with dirty hands, bad hygiene habits and so on and so forth. Have u ever noticed the folks that are cooking ur food? Well its a thought,,,,,,,,,,runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, :eek:

Oh Yeah, I've Seen Some of them! Nasty isn't a Strong Enough Word for some of them! They had a Guy at the "J" in Perrysburgh that Had the Long Hair, and Something like a Small Gotee, Just Dripping Sweat cooking there a Couple of years Back, He was Wearing a Hair Net but all of it wasn't Covered, When I saw that I Got up and Left because I Didn't want any of his Hair and or Sweat "Spicing" Up my Meal! Just Plain Nasty!

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
It all boils down to this: God is going to take us when he wants to, and our time to go is already pre-determined.So why worry so much about something as small as this subject? I'm not saying not to care about our food, but not to be obsessed by it, either. I mean, back in the old days(40's,etc, ) food cooking habits were alot worse than they are now, and these people lived a long life as well.Look at what we have, enjoy it, and thank God for it all.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What do you meant the cooking habits were worst in the '40s? :D

Then we allowed ourselves to build up immunities, to have our bodies fight viruses and bacteria but now we are afraid of our own kitchens?

Better?

I think it is much worst that the past. People used to take their time cooking, there wasn't the massive recalls or massive sickness back then. Most of the food was processed locally, most of the produce was grown locally and it was much safer than now.

Just watch some helicopter parents with their kids, can't play outside in the dirt, can't play with other kids who may be a bit dirty, got to whip out those anti-bacterial/anti-viral/anti-everything soap and wash down everything the kid may touch, even the stove and back splash.

I like the people who have cutting boards for everything; One for Fruit, One for Veggies, One for Veggies that may have salmonella, One for Fish, One for Pork, One for Chicken and One for Beef - all color coded and all washed in a bleach every time they are used. I can't understand how a parent can tell their kids "you are not allowed to use a sharp knife because you may kill yourself" at the same time thinking that fast food or food at the food court is safe.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The more dirt a kid plays in when he/she/it is young the more likely he/she/it is to live a live with fewer illnesses. Same goes for adults!! We all need to "get out and play in the dirt more!!!

Make sure it is clean dirt though, not chemical laced dirt like golf courses and baseball fields have. You gotta find good clean natural dirt!! That is the ticket to living good!!

guido4475

Not a Member
What do you meant the cooking habits were worst in the '40s? :D

Then we allowed ourselves to build up immunities, to have our bodies fight viruses and bacteria but now we are afraid of our own kitchens?

Better?

I think it is much worst that the past. People used to take their time cooking, there wasn't the massive recalls or massive sickness back then. Most of the food was processed locally, most of the produce was grown locally and it was much safer than now.

Just watch some helicopter parents with their kids, can't play outside in the dirt, can't play with other kids who may be a bit dirty, got to whip out those anti-bacterial/anti-viral/anti-everything soap and wash down everything the kid may touch, even the stove and back splash.

I like the people who have cutting boards for everything; One for Fruit, One for Veggies, One for Veggies that may have salmonella, One for Fish, One for Pork, One for Chicken and One for Beef - all color coded and all washed in a bleach every time they are used. I can't understand how a parent can tell their kids "you are not allowed to use a sharp knife because you may kill yourself" at the same time thinking that fast food or food at the food court is safe.

I stand corrected.