Is Obama scared? Racist?

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
*sigh* Because there is no need for a voter ID law. Ask yourself this question, "If you are more likely to get struck by lightning than find an instance of voter fraud, why the need for it then?"

Did you read the paper in my other post?

The "paper" is subjective.. It uses data mainly gathered by democrats and is presented by the democrats mouth piece "MPR". Also it states that according to the MN supreme court 144 people have been convicted.. I guess I was low.

You do realize they pass laws all the time for "rare" things. One girl lost her life (tragic yes) due to a pool drain. A law was passed to change the drains.

You are also more likely to get hit by lightning than win the lottery.. But yet.. People line up and buy the tickets.

It has already been offered to you that voter fraud is not "rare" and false registration runs rampant with groups like Acorn..

Many states have laws that require you to have ID at all times.. But asking people to present this ID to cast a ballot is somehow going to far by your standards. Since the Constitution only limits states from not allowing people to vote with out paying a poll tax requiring them to present ID is with in the rules laid out in the Constitution.

I am done arguing with you. You are dead set on no id requirements. I am not going to change your mind.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is no valid reason not to have a valid STATE ID. There are many reasons that one may CHOOSE not to have one. Laziness or fear of having illegal residence status exposed. In the case of voting, disinterest is the primary reason. The illegal residence status fits as well. The State HAS the right to determine citizenship status according to each State's Constitution, within the confines of the U.S. Constitution.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Either way I think it is necessary to determine if you really have a US citizen voting. Seems to work just fine in the states that require it. Its amazing how hard some try to fight common sense.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
There is no valid reason not to have a valid STATE ID. There are many reasons that one may CHOOSE not to have one. Laziness or fear of having illegal residence status exposed. In the case of voting, disinterest is the primary reason. The illegal residence status fits as well. The State HAS the right to determine citizenship status according to each State's Constitution, within the confines of the U.S. Constitution.

Yes there is... because I DON'T HAVE TO. Geez... for someone all about liberty, you're really giving it a hard time.

Yep... if the state questions me, I can tell them I am a Michigander. If they don't believe me, they can spend money to prove I'm wrong. But I am, in no way, obligated to produce ID when asked, according to the 4th Amendment.

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

Here's a reason: my business ain't the state's business. There's not one iota of data on a state ID/"driver's license" to which the state is entitled.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Leo as a Republican myself I think this post was way out of line and Racist. I think this post has even made its way on to other Expedite sites. As a moderator you are held to a higher standard than others. I will be calling Panther and asking them for their imput on why they support a site that has a racist for a Mod. I like you Leo but I have gotten calls from some of our drivers that are offended by your post.

Do they call you when they have a nightmare, and want you to sing them back to sleep too?

Geez... sticks and stones may break your bones, but getting offended can give you hemorrhoids.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That a handful of members are allowed to post bigoted, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive comments and it is accepted behavior by the owners, admin, mods and those that are willing not to speak up about it.

All you have to do is take a peek at recent threads that have been posted and the content of those threads to see that they would fit the above violations to a "T", including this thread.

Could you post some of these threads and highlight the bigoted, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racial or ethnically offensive content for us. I sometimes wonder who the real bigot is; the person accused of the offense or the accuser. It is a tremendous leap to make from "put their donkeys in a car...." to accusations of racism. While the use of the word donkey for a$$ is not common among the general population, it is a very common term in the trucking industry.

I live in the city of Coon Rapids. It got it's start where the Coon Creek flows into the Mississippi River. At this point there is a natural rapids and now a dam. Coon Creek was named after the abundance of racoons that live along the creek. A few years ago a city councilperson brought forth a proposal to change the city's name. He claimed the name was racially offensive. Only a true racist or white moron could make that leap. The man is no longer on the city council or a resident of the city.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will be calling Panther and asking them for their imput on why they support a site that has a racist for a Mod.

Bruno, when you call Panther please tell them that I found their black cat with two heads logo offensive. Also, it scares all the little kids in my neighborhood. How would you like it if you were a Siamese twin, Siamese cat or just plain old Siamese and some company thought it clever to use a logo depicting a cat with two heads to sell their services?

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I live in the city of Coon Rapids. It got it's start where the Coon Creek flows into the Mississippi River. At this point there is a natural rapids and now a dam. Coon Creek was named after the abundance of racoons that live along the creek. A few years ago a city councilperson brought forth a proposal to change the city's name. He claimed the name was racially offensive. Only a true racist or white moron could make that leap. The man is no longer on the city council or a resident of the city.

Dude! We are neighbors! I lived in Coon Rapids (main and Hanson) but now live over by 109th and central in Blaine. when the name change noise got turned up I laughed to. There is a flipping raccoon in the city logo and on the water tower. Clears up the whole "coon" thing.

As to showing ID to vote and it not being "required".. Your right, you don't have to show id. But if the law says you must. well then if you want to vote (your not REQUIRED to) you need to show ID. It is completely optional for a completely optional function.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
We live in a dangerous world. Whereas government is charged with ensuring public safety, it seems proper and reasonable that States need to know who walks, drives, lives and lurks in their midst. So it follows that citizens (and non-citizens) may be required to show a valid photo ID at the request of law enforcement officials, election workers and at other necessary state-related functions.

Remember the OKC bombing perpetrated by Timothy McVeigh? An alert state trooper pulled Mr. McVeigh over for a traffic violation not knowing McVeigh was the OKC bomber. McVeigh was arrested for failure to display a license plate on his car and for firearms possession. It was several days later when police realized they had a terrorist, Mr. McVeigh in custody. In emergencies, time is critical. What if Mr. McVeigh had a second bombing timed to go off later. With a valid ID which includes a physical address, police could scour McVeigh's residence and possibly uncover plans for an imminent second attack. Immediate and accurate information foils a lot of crime.

Carrying and presenting a valid ID is the responsible thing to do. It is an act of good citizenship.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
We live in a dangerous world. Whereas government is charged with ensuring public safety, it seems proper and reasonable that States need to know who walks, drives, lives and lurks in their midst. So it follows that citizens (and non-citizens) may be required to show a valid photo ID at the request of law enforcement officials, election workers and at other necessary state-related functions.

Remember the OKC bombing perpetrated by Timothy McVeigh? An alert state trooper pulled Mr. McVeigh over for a traffic violation not knowing McVeigh was the OKC bomber. McVeigh was arrested for failure to display a license plate on his car and for firearms possession. It was several days later when police realized they had a terrorist, Mr. McVeigh in custody. In emergencies, time is critical. What if Mr. McVeigh had a second bombing timed to go off later. With a valid ID which includes a physical address, police could scour McVeigh's residence and possibly uncover plans for an imminent second attack. Immediate and accurate information foils a lot of crime.

Carrying and presenting a valid ID is the responsible thing to do. It is an act of good citizenship.

4th Amendment. We are not to be responsible in helping the powers that be in crucifying us. It is up to the government to do its own homework, and not demand us do it for them.

Good citizenship? Is that another word like patriotic? I am not a good citizen. I am a good MAN! A good PERSON! I am a nation of ONE!

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
4th Amendment. We are not to be responsible in helping the powers that be in crucifying us. It is up to the government to do its own homework, and not demand us do it for them.

Good citizenship? Is that another word like patriotic? I am not a good citizen. I am a good MAN! A good PERSON! I am a nation of ONE!

you must be a treat at the weigh station.....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
you must be a treat at the weigh station.....

I chose a life beholden to the government. But I can believe any way that I want. But guaranteed, if an officer deems it necessary that he look thru my truck without my permission, then he's going to know two things... 4th Amendment and federal court.

I made it my business to know my rights, rather than be told them by government. Just because it's "easier for all involved" to have an ID, doesn't make it law. And just because the majority think that's the way it should be means two things... they are ignorant and complacent.

Last edited:

clcooper

Expert Expediter
I chose a life beholden to the government. But I can believe any way that I want. But guaranteed, if an officer deems it necessary that he look thru my truck without my permission, then he's going to know two things... 4th Amendment and federal court.

I made it my business to know my rights, rather than be told them by government. Just because it's "easier for all involved" to have an ID, doesn't make it law. And just because the majority think that's the way it should be means two things... they are ignorant and complacent.

so glad you know YOUR rights .DO YOU KNOW WHAT IF ANY RIGHTS OTHER PEOPLE HAVE or dont they have any rights only YOU have rights

Some people are just not meant to be a truck driver.

maybe you should practice what you preach .

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
so glad you know YOUR rights .DO YOU KNOW WHAT IF ANY RIGHTS OTHER PEOPLE HAVE or dont they have any rights only YOU have rights

maybe you should practice what you preach .

At what point did I say they can't be a trucker? Do you know who I was talking about? Should I explain it to you?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
please do i want to hear it .

I was saying that some people don't have the stomach for truckers peeing on the tire. That maybe they shouldn't be truckers, cause they can't handle that truckers do that crap, and they will always do that crap, and no one is going to change them like some boyfriend who drinks too much.

So in no way did I mean that someone couldn't be what they are. But rather, to avoid ruffling feathers, the bird might want to find another roost, or not go to truckstops.