Zimmerman Not Guilty

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The celebrations were offset by the riots and government staged demonstrations by "Uncle Al" and his "buddies" in the DOJ

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
but also as High Up as the Ignorant President of the United States we have in Office Today

You do understand this framework was put in place under Bush?

Until we get this country out from under the "Hope and Change" Mistake it made back in 2008.

Or the continuation of the one made back in 2000?

The PTB (powers that be) like nothing better than to have this left/right paradigm going. It's not like a foul in basketball, or interference in football....whereby the call is different depending on which team your rooting for.

To ignore the foul altogether is the point here.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
76-year-old man to stand trial in shooting death of 13-year-old boy

The media wasted no time trying to create more racial tension. And had the gull to drag Zimmerman's name into it :rolleyes:

Sigh. Yahoop news. Part of the established machine.

Are they shedding tears for:

Shannon Christian?
Heather Muller?

You remember those trials, and how we got so tired of hearing the public discourse and television drama connected with those two heinous crimes?

Report it all...or don't report at all....Yahoop.

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's all about dividing the nation. There is hardly a mention when a black kid kills a black kid. A house divided will fall.

Exactly.... part of a letter to a friend on mine, who happens to be black....

Regarding the Blackout campaign and protest/boycotts for the Martin case whether he is found guilty or innocent. Why is it whenever a black person is killed by someone who is not black, it must be racially motivated and that members of the black community are being selectively targeted and brutalized by racists?

“A 2007 special report released by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, reveals that approximately 8,000 — and, in certain years, as many as 9,000 African Americans are murdered annually in the United States. This chilling figure is accompanied by another equally sobering fact, that 93% of these murders are in fact perpetrated by other blacks. The analysis, supported by FBI records, finds that in 2005 alone, for example, African Americans accounted for 49% of all homicide victims in the US — again, almost exclusively at the hands of other African Americans.”

What about justice for these people? Protest, Blackouts, Riots? To me it seems like a huge double standard and I really don’t understand it.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
... African Americans accounted for 49% of all homicide victims in the US — again, almost exclusively at the hands of other African Americans.”

What about justice for these people? Protest, Blackouts, Riots? To me it seems like a huge double standard and I really don’t understand it.
Nobody cares if Blacks slaughter each other. There is no racial component (Honkey) involved, so no Hate Crime, therefore no national media exposure. No national media coverage means no Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, etc. to stir up some real home cooked hatred.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The jury really had no choice, because the prosecution didn't [or couldn't] prove that the sole witness [that would be the defendant] was a liar.
I wonder if their verdict would have been different if they knew that Zimmerman's wife is going on trial next, after he allowed [if not encouraged] her to commit perjury in a court of law.
The thing is, she WILL be found guilty, and then she can kiss her chances of getting hired as a nurse goodbye, because no hospital or health care facility will hire a convicted perjurer.
The defense said "There are no monsters here", and that's true - just a lot of sad losers.

I guess the prosecution will get their great consolation prize by getting that BIG perjury conviction.:rolleyes: Another shameless witch hunt by the pathetic prosecution. they would be best to just go away with their tale between their legs. They really showed everyone on the biggest stage or audience how unthical they were. For one, to over charge Zimmerman with 2nd degree or to charge him at all considering most of the evidence exculpated Zimmerman and was consistent with his account. Secondly to deviously slip the charge of manslaughter, along with a totally absurd charge of child abuse, which even the inept "prosecutions' judge thought was beyond the realm. Thirdly to withhold and ommit discovery evidence to the defense for months and than give it to them right befor the trial, ONLY after a whistleblower outed the prosecutions dirty tricks. Finally, after the verdict , to go on TV and say that Zimmerman is a murderer and a coward for invoking his constitutional right not to testify was icing on the cake for pathetic, overzealous, unethical, scurrilous,and sad excuse for a prosecution team. They were a total embarrassment.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not arguing the verdict, because it's what I expected [the prosecution did not prove Zimmerman guilty] and it's legally correct, but: how can anyone determine Zimmerman's state of mind at the moment he pulled the weapon? The only way to decide is to evaluate his credibility, because his story is all there was.
And Zimmerman was a liar, plain and simple. He lied numerous times about numerous things, and personally, I believe he lied about the last few minutes of Martin's life. We'll probably never know what really happened, in truth. But it's also true that better the guilty go free than the innocent go to prison, I guess.
What concerns me now is that Zimmerman is the perfect example of what gun control advocates fear most: a citizen with the motive, means, and authority to carry a concealed weapon, but not the mature judgement required.

I don't know where you get that Zimmerman lies over and over again. Regarding his judgement to have a gun and use it. Nothing in his past,unless you can show, indicates he used it recklessly.His judgement with his gun on the night of the killing appears to be proper.Meaning he used it in self defense because he felt his life was immediated harm or great bodily harm. Some might say he waited too long to use it. You don't have to wait to the very second of unconciousness to shoot your gun to defend yourself. He was being hit on the head repeately while on the cement. Anyone of those blows might have been lethal.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"What concerns me now is that Zimmerman is the perfect example of what gun control advocates fear most: a citizen with the motive, means, and authority to carry a concealed weapon, but not the mature judgement required."

There is NO Constitutional requirement for mature judgement when it comes to MANY of our RIGHTS. The same could be said for running for the office of Presidents and our presidents, this one included, have been responsible for FAR more death and destruction that ALL the Zimmerman's combined.

There is also NO requirement for mature judgement, or even basic knowledge of the issues is required to vote, it does kinda show too.

They facts show that the VAST majority of those who carry are mature, responsible citizens. Far more so than the politicians who are trying to outlaw our RIGHTS!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If mature judgement were required to exercise one's rights then Pelosi, Reid, Obama, Holder, Feinstein, Jackson, Sharpton, Jackson-Lee and others would never be allowed to open their mouths and speak.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If mature judgement were required to exercise one's rights then Pelosi, Reid, Obama, Holder, Feinstein, Jackson, Sharpton, Jackson-Lee and others would never be allowed to open their mouths and speak.

You forgot Hillary.....she is next in line.:cool:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

I could list the Republican equivalents, but that's completely off topic.
A right to cause the death of another person ought to be accompanied by good judgement - especially in these times, when so many want to eliminate that right.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
A right to cause the death of another person ought to be accompanied by good judgement - especially in these times, when so many want to eliminate that right.

That would depend on what ones version of "good judgement" should be. In todays world, that is very subjective.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

It is NOT the right to cause a death of another person. It IS the RIGHT to defend one's self against death or severe bodily harm, by what ever means that are needed to accomplish that, up to and including use of lethal force. That is a HUMAN RIGHT! One of the most important. Everyone should be terrified of ANYONE or ANY government that would limit or eliminate your RIGHT TO LIVE! This government seeks to do EXACTLY that.

The Second Amendment goes MUCH further than that.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That would depend on what ones version of "good judgement" should be. In todays world, that is very subjective.

The version I like is the one used by those who train people to carry weapons: do whatever you can to avoid using it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It is NOT the right to cause a death of another person. It IS the RIGHT to defend one's self against death or severe bodily harm, by what ever means that are needed to accomplish that, up to and including use of lethal force. That is a HUMAN RIGHT! One of the most important. Everyone should be terrified of ANYONE or ANY government that would limit or eliminate your RIGHT TO LIVE! This government seeks to do EXACTLY that.

The Second Amendment goes MUCH further than that.

No one questions the right to defend oneself. But that right does not include the right to be a primary aggressor, then claim self defense, which is what a lot of people [including me] believe Zimmerman did.
He won the battle, but he may have helped to lose the war over the right to carry concealed, because what he did was just plain stupid.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No one questions the right to defend oneself. But that right does not include the right to be a primary aggressor, then claim self defense, which is what a lot of people [including me] believe Zimmerman did.
He won the battle, but he may have helped to lose the war over the right to carry concealed, because what he did was just plain stupid.

I have NO idea what Zimmerman did, or did not do. There is also NO "special right" to carry concealed. The Second Amendment affirms our RIGHT to defend our selves, carry what EVERY weapon we want, concealed or otherwise, without infringement.

Zimmerman COULD have retreated, so could have have Martin. BOTH were fools.

We DO, however, not only have a RIGHT to defend ourselves, we also have the RIGHT to defend our homes and property. We have the RIGHT to defend ourselves from governments, our's or others, oppressive police forces etc. THAT is what our government is out to stop. They don't give a rats butt about Martin, Zimmerman or either of us.