Zimmerman Not Guilty

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, laying on one's back being attacked is being a primary aggressor alright.

I hope to never have to use my weapon. If I ever do, it will not be a case of exercising "a right to cause the death of another person". It will be a case of another person choosing to escalate to the point of possibly dying. There is a difference.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
I could list the Republican equivalents, but that's completely off topic.
A right to cause the death of another person ought to be accompanied by good judgement - especially in these times, when so many want to eliminate that right.

Cheri....please list those Rep equivalents. That way we can balance it back to square one, thus leaving the left/right issue where it should be. Nowhere. :D

There may be a side to this which only comes through reality of the situation. It matters little what happened up to the point of the gun being drawn. What matters here is self preservation, and some would argue your point to oblivion, having never been in that situation.

When losing a struggle for life (or serious altercation such as this) the person without the gun will most always lose, even if they momentarily have the upper hand. If someone breaks into your truck for instance, and has the power, or will, to overcome you.....would you not reach for a weapon if you felt your life might end? Occasionally, these tragic things happen, but the jest of it is this; a gun is the equalizer in this case. One had one, one did not. Better know who's head your driving into the concrete, and the consequences thereof.

Won't go into detail here....but faced a very similar situation involving three assailants while working MPI at Bragg years ago. One more kick to the head would have put me out, and it was only a carried weapon which prevented that happening. Something you don't forget.....:)

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No one questions the right to defend oneself. But that right does not include the right to be a primary aggressor, then claim self defense, which is what a lot of people [including me] believe Zimmerman did.
He won the battle, but he may have helped to lose the war over the right to carry concealed, because what he did was just plain stupid.

Anyone who still thinks he was the primary aggressor is simply ignoring what doesn't fit what they wish to believe. That is just plain stupid.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Please explain how zimmerman was the primary aggressor here???? Ummm treyvons jeans were grass stained from being on his knees while strattling zimmerman while ontop punching and bashing his head...Ummm treyvon hid behind a bush until zimmerman walked by and jumped out and initiated contact which is called assulting george zimmerman... Wake up please here...This never should've gone to court.... never ever!!!! Only reason it did was to satisfy a minority plain and simple...Id have blasted Treyvon too y'all...I have every right in public places to follow anyone I want...If george zimmerman didn't have a gun and shoot treyvon but instead beat him an put him in a coma and then treyvon died would this convo even be going on??? No...So people that don't see the facts are ignorant to the facts at hand....Let's say I follow xiggi inside a mall and Xiggi becomes "threatened" an hurrys ahead and hides behind a corner than jumps me as i pass and starts bashing my head in an I have a ccw and I blast xiggi in the stomach an he dies...Are y'all freakin out on me? No, its self defense...This is simply a Racial deal plain an simple...If these were two black men or two white men this would have no media attention.....None!!!

Sent from my LG-E970 using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If these were two black men or two white men this would have no media attention.....None!!!

Exactly! I haven't seen a whole lot of media attention focusing on the 72 shootings leaving 12 dead in Chicago over the 4th. Where are Jesse, Al and Barrack?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Exactly! I haven't seen a whole lot of media attention focusing on the 72 shootings leaving 12 dead in Chicago over the 4th. Where are Jesse, Al and Barrack?

They were too busy out bashing and blaming law abiding citizens for crimes. Just like their buddy Barry is doing. Only a total fool thinks that all this noise is about cutting back on murders or crime in general.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
It is NOT the right to cause a death of another person. It IS the RIGHT to defend one's self against death or severe bodily harm, by what ever means that are needed to accomplish that, up to and including use of lethal force. That is a HUMAN RIGHT! One of the most important. Everyone should be terrified of ANYONE or ANY government that would limit or eliminate your RIGHT TO LIVE! This government seeks to do EXACTLY that.

The Second Amendment goes MUCH further than that.

They were too busy out bashing and blaming law abiding citizens for crimes. Just like their buddy Barry is doing. Only a total fool thinks that all this noise is about cutting back on murders or crime in general.

That Donkeys Rear End (JckAs) up there in the White House WILL Associate his name with a Dope Smokin' - Hell Raising - High School Punk who had a History of Punching People and Lost his Life when he Chose the wrong Person to ATTACK................But he will NOT Associate his name with the Innocent - Acquitted Man who's only Fault was almost Losing his Life trying to Protect His Neighborhood.

Jay Carney Calls Daily Caller Intern Gabe Finger's Question Ridiculous | Fox News Insider

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That Donkeys Rear End (JckAs) up there in the White House WILL Associate his name with a Dope Smokin' - Hell Raising - High School Punk who had a History of Punching People and Lost his Life when he Chose the wrong Person to ATTACK................But he will NOT Associate his name with the Innocent - Acquitted Man who's only Fault was almost Losing his Life trying to Protect His Neighborhood.

Jay Carney Calls Daily Caller Intern Gabe Finger's Question Ridiculous | Fox News Insider

Of COURSE Barry would identify with a pot smoking punk, HE was a pot smoking punk himself. He is still a punk and it would NOT surprise me that he is still doing ILLEGAL drugs.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Anyone who still thinks he was the primary aggressor is simply ignoring what doesn't fit what they wish to believe. That is just plain stupid.

Ignoring what doesn't fit? You mean, like:
Zimmerman was following Martin, but the only one who says Martin then followed Zimmerman is Zimmerman. Who has every reason to lie.

Zimmerman had a gun, Martin had a can of iced tea.
Zimmerman knew what was happening & why he was following Martin. Martin had no idea - in his shoes, I'd certainly have to consider some scary possibilities.
Zimmerman had 18 months of martial arts training, Martin had none.
Zimmerman had college courses on Criminal justice, Martin was a high school teenager.
Zimmerman had a documented history of assault and a restraining order taken against him. Martin had no violent history at all. [One text mgs claiming to have been in a fight, but no school suspensions for fighting]
Zimmerman told police at the scene that he had no arrests on his record: another lie. Martin had no arrests on his record.
Zimmerman's story changed several times, and what he claimed he did: unholstering his weapon while being straddled & getting his head slammed was shown to be impossible: a person being straddled cannot get his weapon out from under the assailant's weight - just can't happen.
Zimmerman says he turned Martin over afterwards & spread his arms out to hold him down, but Martin was found face down, arms pinned underneath.
[Aside: he shot a teen, and never even checked to see if the kid was still alive?!]

There are so many inconsistencies & holes in Zimmerman's account it would be incredible even if he were a truthful person, which he has a long and clear history of not being.
He lied to the police [no arrest record], the judge [no money for defense], his family ["tutored black kids", printed & handed out flyers demanding justice for homeless beating victim" - and isn't that a delicious irony?!], neighbors [he was not NW, he simply said he was, and no one doubted it, because who would?] and his friends [a graduation party when he was nowhere near finished with school]. Those are just the ones I know about, but they show a clear picture of someone who doesn't hesitate to lie in order to improve his image or stature in the eye of the beholder. IOW: a common garden variety liar.
The jury had no choice, but that doesn't make Zimmerman innocent. If his life is ruined, at least he still has a life. I'd feel much safer, though, if he [and other self appointed vigilantes] weren't carrying concealed weapons around when they jump to the wrong conclusions.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Following a person is NOT a crime, it is also not always aggressive. I can tell you in MY neighborhood a "stranger" would be CAREFULLY watched. Martin OR Zimmerman. Can't trust ANYONE out there these days.

When my house was broken into it was a "gang" of Toledo crack heads. Several "children" 16-17 year old types, being driven around to "empty" looking neighborhoods by a 25 year old crack head woman. She would drop off a pair of the "little darlin's" who would try to gain entrance into a home to steal what ever they could. Who knows what they would have done had we been home. I would NEVER wait to ask what they were here for. NOW, we ALL watch things much closer. It is VERY easy to determine who does not belong here. There are 8 houses. NO stores, NO side walks. Strangers are watched.

I was not there, I was not in court. Neither was anyone else in here that I know of. Funny, is it not?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Ignoring what doesn't fit? You mean, like:
Zimmerman was following Martin, but the only one who says Martin then followed Zimmerman is Zimmerman. Who has every reason to lie.

Zimmerman had a gun, Martin had a can of iced tea.
Zimmerman knew what was happening & why he was following Martin. Martin had no idea - in his shoes, I'd certainly have to consider some scary possibilities.
Zimmerman had 18 months of martial arts training, Martin had none.
Zimmerman had college courses on Criminal justice, Martin was a high school teenager.
Zimmerman had a documented history of assault and a restraining order taken against him. Martin had no violent history at all. [One text mgs claiming to have been in a fight, but no school suspensions for fighting]
Zimmerman told police at the scene that he had no arrests on his record: another lie. Martin had no arrests on his record.
Zimmerman's story changed several times, and what he claimed he did: unholstering his weapon while being straddled & getting his head slammed was shown to be impossible: a person being straddled cannot get his weapon out from under the assailant's weight - just can't happen.
Zimmerman says he turned Martin over afterwards & spread his arms out to hold him down, but Martin was found face down, arms pinned underneath.
[Aside: he shot a teen, and never even checked to see if the kid was still alive?!]

There are so many inconsistencies & holes in Zimmerman's account it would be incredible even if he were a truthful person, which he has a long and clear history of not being.
He lied to the police [no arrest record], the judge [no money for defense], his family ["tutored black kids", printed & handed out flyers demanding justice for homeless beating victim" - and isn't that a delicious irony?!], neighbors [he was not NW, he simply said he was, and no one doubted it, because who would?] and his friends [a graduation party when he was nowhere near finished with school]. Those are just the ones I know about, but they show a clear picture of someone who doesn't hesitate to lie in order to improve his image or stature in the eye of the beholder. IOW: a common garden variety liar.
The jury had no choice, but that doesn't make Zimmerman innocent. If his life is ruined, at least he still has a life. I'd feel much safer, though, if he [and other self appointed vigilantes] weren't carrying concealed weapons around when they jump to the wrong conclusions.

I don't even know how to address what you say here, every single thing you said is wrong or irrelevant. You seemed to have picked up this "information" from CNBC, especially the part about not being able to get the gun out. The NW thing, Martin not being violent, Martin not having practiced fighting, it is all wrong. Stop buying what the media is selling.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
And his gun is being returned to him. His lawyer says he needs it now more than ever. He also wears a bullet proof vest.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums mobile app
Breaking news: Eric Holder has decreed that the gun is now evidence in a federal case and had ordered (!) Florida to retain it for the feds.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
I don't even know how to address what you say here, every single thing you said is wrong or irrelevant. You seemed to have picked up this "information" from CNBC, especially the part about not being able to get the gun out. The NW thing, Martin not being violent, Martin not having practiced fighting, it is all wrong. Stop buying what the media is selling.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Right! How many times does it have to be said?

The media is owned, controlled, and work for the very people who are pushing the agenda. It's a revolving door of owners, cooperates, and moguls who put this information out. This top tiered system is easily researched and confirmed, but the American sheeple keep bellying up to this stuff.

It only takes a few minutes and a cup of java to confirm. Who owns the outlets, who they are connected to, and who they protect.......which are themselves and their good old buddies. Why is the alternative media blowing these outlets away in reporting truth?

It might just be they have people on the scene and are actually digging for information and FACTS. Your typical sheeple news is nothing more than a propped up bloated salaried person, who picks up info, off the wire. Who feeds the wire?

Got that Java? :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The part about not being able to remove the weapon while being straddled was recently demonstrated by 2 students at a Kung Fu Academy in NY, the rest was taken from the documents [statements, photos, reports] released by the state of Fl.
I don't accept what "the media" says, until I've verified it.
You, OTOH, seem very willing to accept that Zimmerman told the truth, no matter what his history or common sense says.
OK, we can agree to disagree - but nothing I typed is wrong, and all of it is relevant, because Zimmerman is the only one who knows what happened, really.
That's why he was found not guilty: the state couldn't prove he was lying.
As I said before, better the guilty go free than the innocent don't.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The part about not being able to remove the weapon while being straddled was recently demonstrated by 2 students at a Kung Fu Academy in NY, the rest was taken from the documents [statements, photos, reports] released by the state of Fl.
I don't accept what "the media" says, until I've verified it.
You, OTOH, seem very willing to accept that Zimmerman told the truth, no matter what his history or common sense says.
OK, we can agree to disagree - but nothing I typed is wrong, and all of it is relevant, because Zimmerman is the only one who knows what happened, really.
That's why he was found not guilty: the state couldn't prove he was lying.
As I said before, better the guilty go free than the innocent don't.

Like you said the martins weren't after money which they had already gone after. Like you said his girlfriend only lied because she was a scared little girl. For every two students who demonstrate you can't pull a gun in that instance I'm sure two more could be found that show it can be.

You brought up his martial arts training. Big wup I was one step from my black belt. It was when I was in much better shape and way more limber. Honestly it would help me little today.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Like you said the martins weren't after money which they had already gone after.

I believe I said they did not make a public appeal for money. They did file a lawsuit against the HOA , same as Zimmerman filed against the station that "edited" the call.

Like you said his girlfriend only lied because she was a scared little girl.

Didn't say "little girl", though she did lie about her age. she thought it would keep her from testifying in court, and after the way the defense treated her, I don't blame her. I still say she didn't tell lies that were meant to make Martin look better or Zimmerman look worse, but only out of a sense of guilt [she told Martin to run - what if his people thought his death was her fault?!] and a desire to not hurt his mother's feelings. [Ms Fulton was present when the statement was made, and I totally understand that. she had zero intention of influencing the trial or verdict, either way.

For every two students who demonstrate you can't pull a gun in that instance I'm sure two more could be found that show it can be.

How about you & Todd try it? See whether the person on the bottom can remove a gun from a holster at their hip. I don't see how it could be done, but you can prove I'm wrong, ok? :p

You brought up his martial arts training. Big wup I was one step from my black belt. It was when I was in much better shape and way more limber. Honestly it would help me little today.

The Zimmerman who fought with Martin was a great deal slimmer & in better shape than when he was on trial, and his lessons in MMA fighting were current then.
I believe that something made Martin go ballistic, and I think it was Zimmerman grabbing him, just to hold him until the cops came, but Martin had no way of knowing that, and freaked right out.
Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't the only psychotic killer in the world - I probably would have been terrified too, if I didn't know why someone followed me, then grabbed my arm.
Zimmerman would never admit it, though, because it makes him the primary aggressor, and he knows it - he knows the law.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Your typical sheeple news is nothing more than a propped up bloated salaried person, who picks up info, off the wire. Who feeds the wire?
I frequently watch the Mancow show. According to him, the news readers are largely reading verbatim the press releases put out by the government. How does he know? He gets the same press releases, and the major news outlets just read them, word-for-word.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's going on with quotes? A monger showed me mine showed cheri.