Zimmerman Not Guilty

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well I would argue that he was guilty. He was a wannabe wannabe cop that would have made Barney Fife look competent. Trevon Martin may or may not have been guilty of something but this idiot clearly took the law into his own hands. He should have at least been found guilty of manslaughter.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just as I said and posted in the beginning. No proof of anything would be a not guilty verdict, and that is what was decided. As for him being a "wannabee cop", that doesn't matter. It is what happened right before the shooting.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Your are correct Dave, same as it was for OJ, not enough conclusive evidence to convict, and thats what makes our justice system great. My post is my personal feelings toward the case.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wait a minute, I just read the article. No justice has yet prevailed. I still stand by what I said but your thread title is misleading. No verdict has been rendered yet.

Yes the verdict is very clear, not guilty.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Wait a minute, I just read the article. No justice has yet prevailed. I still stand by what I said but your thread title is misleading. No verdict has been rendered yet.

The verdict is not guilty.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Well I would argue that he was guilty. He was a wannabe wannabe cop that would have made Barney Fife look competent. Trevon Martin may or may not have been guilty of something but this idiot clearly took the law into his own hands. He should have at least been found guilty of manslaughter.

You think Zimmerman is guilty of what? Being an annoying person? That isn't illegal. What law did he take into his own hands?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Just as I said and posted in the beginning. No proof of anything would be a not guilty verdict, and that is what was decided. As for him being a "wannabee cop", that doesn't matter. It is what happened right before the shooting.

The sad thing is the media destroyed Zimmerman and the race baiters decided to come in and force this trial to happen rather than letting the police and prosecutors do their jobs.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The whole thing shouldn't have gone to trial. Took six weeks to get a charge and that is only because it became a media circus. Reverand AL and Jesse will be combing the papers again looking for another case so they can get on TV again.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The whole thing shouldn't have gone to trial. Took six weeks to get a charge and that is only because it became a media circus. Reverand AL and Jesse will be combing the papers again looking for another case so they can get on TV again.

Zimmerman wouldn't be the first person to not be charged right away then get arrested a few months later after the prosecutor has the chance to build a case. Now the state has used their chance to go after him when being patient might have meant a conviction for manslaughter or some other negligent homicide charge. Al and Jesse are just happy to have the spotlight and couldn't care less about justice.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
There is no doubt in my mind that Zimmerman was a wannabe that initiated the confrontation. That's where he is guilty. Maybe not legally guilty but he didn't stop when the 911 operator told him they didn't need him to follow trevon. He continued and he said on the 911 tape that "these guys always get away". Zimmerman was a " self appointed" neighbourhood watch captain. I have seen his type many times before.
He initiated a confrontation that not only was he not trained for, but could have totally been avoided. That's why he should be found guilty.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nothing has proved he confronted martin. If anything even martins own text message proves he most likely jumped Zimmerman. Nothing nadda zilch shows that zimmermen ever got close to martin. It was a tragedy that almost became a travesty.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
There is no doubt in my mind that Zimmerman was a wannabe that initiated the confrontation. That's where he is guilty. Maybe not legally guilty but he didn't stop when the 911 operator told him they didn't need him to follow trevon. He continued and he said on the 911 tape that "these guys always get away".

He is guilty but not legally guilty? That means he is not guilty. First thing is that it wasn't a 911 dispatcher, it was a non-emergency operator that has zero authority over the situation. If you actually listen to the call when the operator told him we don't need you to do that Zimmerman says OK and then sounds of Zimmerman moving stopped indicating he did stop following him.

Zimmerman was a " self appointed" neighbourhood watch captain. I have seen his type many times before.

Annoying is not a crime.

He initiated a confrontation that not only was he not trained for, but could have totally been avoided. That's why he should be found guilty.

Where are you getting the idea that Zimmerman initiated the confrontation? Trayvon was next to his house and could have simply gone inside after Zimmerman stopped following him if he was frightened. The indication is that Martin started the fight. He might have gotten convicted on a negligent manslaughter charge if the prosecutors were given time but he was clearly not guilty of the charges they brought against him.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yes, after he asked Zimmerman why he was following him, so clearly he did not stop. If he suspected Martin of a crime he should have followed from a safe distance. He was a self appointed wannabe with a gun. Like i said, I have seen his type many times before. He initiated the confrontation by following him instead of observing from a safe distance. His own words of " they always get away" are proof enough that he targeted Martin and had every intention of trying to bring him to justice himself. What was wrong with observing from a safe distance until the authorities arrived? The guy was a moron and I wish Martin would have shot him with his own gun. That would have been poetic justice!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Yes, after he asked Zimmerman why he was following him, so clearly he did not stop. If he suspected Martin of a crime he should have followed from a safe distance. He was a self appointed wannabe with a gun. Like i said, I have seen his type many times before. He initiated the confrontation by following him instead of observing from a safe distance. His own words of " they always get away" are proof enough that he targeted Martin and had every intention of trying to bring him to justice himself. What was wrong with observing from a safe distance until the authorities arrived? The guy was a moron and I wish Martin would have shot him with his own gun. That would have been poetic justice!

Actually it appears Zimmerman did stop and Trayvon came back after the "creepy a$$ cracker" to act like a tough guy. Again Trayvon took off and Zimmerman lost him, Trayvon was next to his house and would have gone inside if he was scared instead of starting a fight.

So someone getting murdered is great and considered justice in your eyes because they are annoying? Then I guess if you or one of your family members annoyed someone then got killed for it you would be happy and say it is justice.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter

Wow.....I pity the poor fool that ever gets stuck with you on their​ jury!

Last edited:

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Actually it appears Zimmerman did stop and Trayvon came back after the "creepy a$$ cracker" to act like a tough guy. Again Trayvon took off and Zimmerman lost him, Trayvon was next to his house and would have gone inside if he was scared instead of starting a fight.

So someone getting murdered is great and considered justice in your eyes because they are annoying? Then I guess if you or one of your family members annoyed someone then got killed for it you would be happy and say it is justice.

Come on,it's painfully obvious the guy was a self appointed vigilante with a gun. We don't need idiots like him.

The real sad part is now he will get rich off a book and/or movie deal or something.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Come on,it's painfully obvious the guy was a self appointed vigilante with a gun. We don't need idiots like him.

The real sad part is now he will get rich off a book and/or movie deal or something.

That has nothing to do with guilt and he will never be rich civil suits will make sure of that even if he wins

paullud

Veteran Expediter

He wasn't a vigilante either, he was obeying the law and called the cops to conduct an investigation. Those are clear signs of someone that has no intention of breaking the law or being a vigilante.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yeah, that's the part I could never figure out. Same way with OJ. How can you be found criminally not guilty but still be allowed to be sued civilly. That should be the end of it.