You might be a driver, if

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You get woken up by a noise that you can't quite figure out - sounds like an inverter squealing, but not, sounds like it's coming from outside the truck, but what? Where? And why won't it STOP? It's 0600 *%*$%! It's COLD OUTSIDE IN CONNECTICUT - I DON'T WANNA INVESTIGATE STRANGE NOISES!!
Ok, get up, listen closely - it's definitely outside the truck (big sigh of relief, here) Peek out the curtains, and uh oh - it's the city horn on the next door truck, blaring steadily because the driver's head is lying on it !!!:eek:
Well, thank goodness he lifted his head right then, cause I sure didn't want to have to get dressed and knock on his door, ya know?
Once I got my heart rate back to normal, it reminded me of a GREAT thread we had a couple years ago: "You might be an expediter" and I thought it might be time to do it again, cause it was a goooood one! :D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You might be an expediter when you can put a doily on a port-a-pot and call it an end table or use a cushion on the lid and call it a chair.

Tempest

Seasoned Expediter
you might be an expediter if.. instead of beep beep beep your alarm clock says "Attention! A new important message has arrived!"

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The top three numbers on your speed dial are all dispatch.
You check the monitor to see if your shower is ready before realizing you're standing in your living room.
The french fry alarm beeps in Burger King & you run out to check your QC.
(That last one was Lawrence's, and much too funny to be history, ok?) :D

moose

Veteran Expediter
You might be an Expediter if when approaching a scale house you set the microwave for one second ,and your co-driver think its the PrePass beeping and by pass the scale ...
(yes i Did !!!)

Moose.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
You might be an Expediter if you park your truck out in front of the truck stop where the RV's go.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
If you can give directions in most major cities, but can't in your home town.... you might be an expediter...

If you've ever tried to put quarters in your washer at home....

If you can't sleep at home because it's too quiet....

If you laugh hysterically at a family member for complaining about the ridiculous 2 hr drive to visit you....

you might be an expediter...

Dale

ps... have you ever said "LOL".. to someone in a verbal conversation? I think I'm online to much.....:(

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
You might be an expediter if you get into your car and try to shift gears there is no gear shifter.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
you awake in the middle of the night with mother nature screaming at you so you put on your pants and shoes just to realize you're at home.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
you don't have much to talk to your spouse about cause they don't want to talk about freight or the economy.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You might be an expediter when you are driving down the highway in personal car and do not get a green light so you start to go into the scale...

You might be an expediter when you almost break your arm when you reach up to get s snack out of the storage above your head... Yep Bob did that one and I thought he had dented the roof of our pickup!

Moose that has to be the best one on the beep of the microwave.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
You might be an expediter if you forget where your lights/windshield wipers are in your personal vehicle.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your wife asks you which car you want to drive to take her and her mother shopping, and you ask for dimensions of the load......

Your day goes downhill from here.

Last edited:

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
You're seeing the USA in your Chevrolet. Oops, showing my age. Anyhoo, you're driving along and you have the bladder urge so you reach under the seat and grab your Old Prof's Personal Preferred Plastic Patented Pee Pipe, unzip and AAAAAAHHHHH!!! Then you realise your wife is seated next to you and the preacher and his wife are in the back seat. Oops, again.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
might be an expeditor if your going broke.
Sitting in your personal vechicle and can't remember where the door handle is, it's in a different place than in the truck. :)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
you might be an expediter when, you are home in your bed, its 3 am, you wake up to mother natures call and you roll over and reach for an empty water bottle...........