Tee's Delivery Service

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi all,
After 5 years, I am considering coming back to expediting. I got an offer from ES to run their st8 truck for XPO Express. My question is, do any of you have experience with XPO? Do they keep trucks moving? Are they a good company for solos?

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I ran a Sprinter for 8 1/2 years there. (Express-1). Strong on weekly deductions, pay was late only twice due to a computer error. Paid following Monday so no big deal. Dispatch was great and other pay was always there without having to beg and wait to see if it got approved or not. I.e.: wait time, extra stops unplanned, hand load/ unload etc. during my time there the S/T were like every other unit types, hot and cold like everyone else. I left due to 6th rate cut after the buy out and before. If the owner is happy with them, then that is a good indication. Some good folks still there from "the good' days". As far as the miles go, get all you can in the allotted drive time you are allowed. XPO has a lot of ways to get you loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

schwanman

Expert Expediter
6 pay cuts? I hope they had a couple of increases in there. Poke-Poke.
Asking ES why they chose XPO might give you a few answers to your questions also. Search forums and you will find solo's running with Qualcomms for some more info.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
6 pay cuts? I hope they had a couple of increases in there. Poke-Poke.
Asking ES why they chose XPO might give you a few answers to your questions also. Search forums and you will find solo's running with Qualcomms for some more info.
yep....first one was just before 2008 when I started there...when it was $1.05 for a sprinter type load.....XPO was one of the few that paid for our investment and understood...The Welch brothers were great to work for...Then they went public and the rest is history....

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Was there for 5.5 years started in a cargo van went to a team sprinter as a team was kept busy for
sure... left in 2010 Express-1 aka XPO...good company...back in the day...:rolleyes:

Reactions: jcochristoph

midnightexspress

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Marines
I can tell you first hand they are a top notch company great dispatch , my friend is driving a straight truck for a owner, he run solo and is steady driving over 2500 miles a week , his personnel net income has been steady at 900 to a 1000 a week , he loves the company , I would work for them but they won't take my sprinter , that are accepting sprinters but they must hold 2 skids and 4000 pounds no exceptions

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can tell you first hand they are a top notch company great dispatch , my friend is driving a straight truck for a owner, he run solo and is steady driving over 2500 miles a week , his personnel net income has been steady at 900 to a 1000 a week , he loves the company , I would work for them but they won't take my sprinter , that are accepting sprinters but they must hold 2 skids and 4000 pounds no exceptions
3 skids Iam sorry
WHAT ... 3 skids i can understand .. 4000 lbs.. no way .. would have to be dually sprinter / log books... 2950 lbs is the legal cargo weight available from factory ... thats no driver .. no fuel .. personel items ...
Dumb... Dumber

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well that's just wrong there is not a sprinter built that can take 4000 pounds and I know it one time XPO wanted a weight ticket so they could figure out how much weight you could carry heck there is hardly even ever a sprinter that can take 3000 pounds Gee whiz

midnightexspress

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Marines
You think you know so much I run a ford transit 250 medium and I carry 3500 lbs on a regular basis , you shouldn't speak without knowing you are wrong totally, you should not get on here with your great wisdom and make comments when you don't know what your saying and yes any 12 foot sprinter can carry that weight you just chose not to

midnightexspress

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Ask the Tristate drivers who pickup 3300 to 3500 Diesel engines from Detroit diesel everyday going to Volvo and mac truck so before you speak know what your talking about rookie

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You think you know so much I run a ford transit 250 medium and I carry 3500 lbs on a regular basis , you shouldn't speak without knowing you are wrong totally, you should not get on here with your great wisdom and make comments when you don't know what your saying and yes any 12 foot sprinter can carry that weight you just chose not to
Ask the Tristate drivers who pickup 3300 to 3500 Diesel engines from Detroit diesel everyday going to Volvo and mac truck so before you speak know what your talking about rookie
First off ... i don't who you are directing comments at .... But YOU said SPRINTERS .... not Promasters or Transits ... big legal weight capicity difference .. but anyone can haul what weight they want ... its their Van thats getting tore up hauling Straight truck loads for Van Rates ... so

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app

midnightexspress

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Promasters and transits and freight liners and Mercedes are all classified as sprinters in all exspeditor company's if you chose to separate them in your own mind that's your choice I know all of the sprinters I mentioned can carry that weight if you chose not to that's a personal choice but rest assured they can carry the weight , don't come on here and be negative like you did on your first comment with the dumb or dumber crap if you want to quote personal feelings back it up with fact

midnightexspress

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Marines
In today's exspeditor world you haul what you can, you can't be chosey and put stuff on here that will discourage people giving it a shot , you take the loads they give you don't be a sissy and say Iam not running that, just because it's not great money o well come down off your standards, these hard working drivers who run hard and take care if there family's don't send the message to them to be picky trust me your van is made to handle 2509 up to 3500 and beyond if you chose not to then don't but your can sprinter will carry it if you want the fancy accomedations witch takes away your weight limit so you can roll from place to place like a king that's great but we haul freight leave room for it

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He was obviously referring to sprinters in his statement about not being able to haul 3000 lbs. I think he is fully aware that transits and Promasters can haul more. Personally I would never put 3500 lbs on any Van let alone 4000.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In today's exspeditor world you haul what you can, you can't be chosey and put stuff on here that will discourage people giving it a shot , you take the loads they give you don't be a sissy and say Iam not running that, just because it's not great money o well come down off your standards, these hard working drivers who run hard and take care if there family's don't send the message to them to be picky trust me your van is made to handle 2509 up to 3500 and beyond if you chose not to then don't but your can sprinter will carry it if you want the fancy accomedations witch takes away your weight limit so you can roll from place to place like a king that's great but we haul freight leave room for it
Actually you can be somewhat picky. Knowing when to say no within reason and understanding what you can safely haul is just part of the business. You want to except everything and haul more weight that's great. Someone else doesn't prefer too that's great to its their Van. Actually the pickier I have become the more my net has increased so that works for me.