OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dog gone take a few days off and I missed that popcorn moment

Lost in Space.
52d0f7308dc3712ac4aecf0a86e87c66.jpg

And thats 4000 lbs of it hauled in an XPO van ...

Also since EO member Northernbill drives team SPRINTER van for XPO .. he can clarify the freight hauling requirements ... since my discussions with him there was never a 4000 lb freight weight requirement brought up ..

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app
When we signed on a weight ticket was required and XPO set our payload based on door sticker. The cargo dimensions were also determend. A current DOT Med card must be on file regardless of DL type. Have been with them since Nov. 2015.
You should be able to set your own weight limits correct?
in a perfect world..yes....in the real world, No as you seen in a certain post above is an excellent example of a liabililty lawsuit in the making...

Your Honour, Why could the van not stop in time? why such a long stopping distance?....
well sir....he violated the manufacturers recommended GVWR by 1200 lbs....now you be the judge.

any carrier IMO who does not check weight is as bad as one that is not properly insured. they are liable in the both instances.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered some loads for XPO indirectly.
Great people at the office, great help on the dock. Pleasure to do business with.
Don't know their rates, but if they are half as good as their "people skills", you got a winner there.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great people at the office, great help on the dock. Pleasure to do business with.
Don't know their rates, but if they are half as good as their "people skills", you got a winner there.
their rates are industry standard now like the mainstream....I always got along with the staff well...

Reactions: jcochristoph

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dog gone take a few days off and I missed that popcorn moment

Lost in Space.

Also since EO member Northernbill drives team SPRINTER van for XPO .. he can clarify the freight hauling requirements ... since my discussions with him there was never a 4000 lb freight weight requirement brought up ..

When we signed on a weight ticket was required and XPO set our payload based on door sticker. The cargo dimensions were also determend. A current DOT Med card must be on file regardless of DL type. Have been with them since Nov. 2015.
If you wanted to haul less weight then was determend? Haven't heard of anyone requesting a weight adjustment to the down side or the up side.
We had a dispute reguard's cargo dimentions. Was able to clear that up no problem.

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

If you wanted to haul less weight then was determend? Haven't heard of anyone requesting a weight adjustment to the down side or the up side.
We had a dispute reguard's cargo dimentions. Was able to clear that up no problem.
at first they wanted to make me at 13'...the 05's sprinters have 14' from seats to doors....I said whoa...2 people haul extra gear....make that 12'....:)

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's always a huge difference between the internal and foreign politics...