xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All company's require a medical card bolt, xpo, panther etc etc , even tho your a sprinter driver they still require medical card , and as for weight you can say whatever you want , the company could care less about that you and I both know along with thousands of others drivers they will load your van and send you on your way they do not care about your van but you can go ahead and think they do but we could talk all day on wieght on your van but I can tell you I and all of Tristate on the sprinter end do haul 3000 to 3500 regularly how do you think the Detroit Diesel engines get to Volvo ??? I guess your probably going to say o that wrong

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Ok let me say this nicely. You keep talking about people not saying things that they don't know for sure. Well make sure you follow those rules also. Not all companies make you have a medical card.and there are plenty of companies that allow you to set the weight you choose to carry. Everyone can mis speak we have all done it as have you. Sometimes it's best just not to respond to a post or double read what you write before hitting the send button. I can't tell you how many.times I've typed.out a response to something said only to rewrite it or.completly delete it before posting. Take a step back take a deep breath and relax a little, it's good for the soul.

midnightexspress

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Marines
You are wrong load one Greg, xpo Cindy, bolt Kurt, V3 al, Tristate mick, panther greg, Barrett, no need to go on they will not hire you in any position as a driver including cargo and sprinters without a dot period that's a fact

midnightexspress

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Marines
My soul is fine , Iam just saying all of the major players in this business require dot card and physical yes there are no name brokers that do whatever they want double book , force dispatch all kinds of bad crap but the one I mentioned will not let you work for them without dot

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Moral of the story the sticker and you keeping your job are two different things Iam not saying go overweight Iam saying the sprinter van all of them can haul up two 4000 lbs

See case in point. No sprinters should not haul lbs 4000 lbs and it will cause extra repairs to do it repeatedly. You want to point out others posting incorrect information but you are doing so. Just because you can put 4000 lbs on a vehicle and it moves down the road doesn't mean it's the correct and prudent thing to do. If a carrier tries to force you to then it's time to find a carrier who does not.

This isn't a personal attack I'm just trying to get you to understand there is differences in what all of us think we know at times and what is the true answer

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You are wrong load one Greg, xpo Cindy, bolt Kurt, V3 al, Tristate mick, panther greg, Barrett, no need to go on they will not hire you in any position as a driver including cargo and sprinters without a dot period that's a fact

That's not correct, I worked at load1 for five years and have a bunch of friends there including John. In a van you must pass the physical when you first sign on not after that unless dot requires it for your license. The company I currently work for does not require one and there is nothing below board about them, they also don't make me haul heavy.

Pearlywhite

Rookie Expediter
Driver
I currently drive a straight for V3 and asked our sprinter drivers if a DOT medical card is required, Yes it is so that's straight from a current employee.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I currently drive a straight for V3 and asked our sprinter drivers if a DOT medical card is required, Yes it is so that's straight from a current employee.
Does that Sprinter driver have a CDL? or have a hazmat endorsement?...
is it a one time shot like some carriers just for recruiting? or do they have to renew it like CDL holders have to?

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does XPO pay the repair bill if something bad happens because of that 4000 lbs load? :cool:
When I was there that would never happen....upon recruitment they made you get a weigh ticket and they calculated your maximum weight...based on scale mine at that time was 2600 lbs that was with 2 people and gear...dispatch would never offer me anything over that...

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does XPO pay the repair bill if something bad happens because of that 4000 lbs load? :cool:
When I was there that would never happen....upon recruitment they made you get a weigh ticket and they calculated your maximum weight...based on scale mine at that time was 2600 lbs that was with 2 people and gear...dispatch would never offer me anything over that...
In most of the cases the shippers are the ones that overweight our trucks, not the dispatchers. But they'll never tell you the real weight when they know there's more than it was supposed to be...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In most of the cases the shippers are the ones that overweight our trucks, not the dispatchers. But they'll never tell you the real weight when they know there's more than it was supposed to be...

sometimes the dispatcher knows....the old 0 pieces, 0 weight that comes across....I call it the mystery load
An experienced driver knows when it is heavy....it doesn't take much of a brain the see the back end take a dive and multiply that by the number of skids....