Wow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I forgot to mention the part where the people disappoint by disrespecting the rules and their host until something has to be done about it. Then rather than piling on the ones who broke the rule everyone piles on the one who does what's expected to uphold the rules. And FYI, I locked the thread that degenerated to people saying what some need to do but none should ever say on the forum.

That's not my recollection of the thread you locked - but I can't reread it to see whether I missed [or misread] something because it's GONE. What purpose does that serve, if I may ask?

I didn't do any other moderator jobs after that although several of the "good citizens" automatically falsely stated that I did. Yea, wow.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Stress? In E.O. or expediting in general? That is FUNNY. This is one of the LEAST stressful things I have EVER done. Having carpenter ants in my house is FAR more stressful than expediting.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, all I did was lock the thread. If you can't read it I have no idea what the problem is. The reason it was locked is because people chose to tell others to shut up in a much stronger way that violated the rules. I can only surmise but I'd guess the purpose it serves is to remind and reinforce that stepping far enough out of bounds causes threads to disappear. That's above my rank.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Turtle wrote:

Yeah, it's just out of control. We've got intelligent members who cannot even comprehend the Code of Conduct. We've got semi-intelligent members libeling (or, slander, for some of you) a repair facility with postings of partial and thoroughly misleading facts. We've got semi-intelligent members purposely posting advertising SPAM because they're having a temper tantrum. We've got allegedly intelligent people here who cannot seem to fathom the reasons for not allowing the discussing of moderator decisions. In other words, we have a lot of intelligent people here, acting stupidly.

LOL, kinda like scott said . kinda like "the OWS"....or maybe, "Mob Rule"

Man, it takes six months just to learn how to sit back and wait on a curve ball. Once you hit the six month point, you begin to start to know what you're doing.

Guess they need people with a faster learning curve...

So yea Wow..Just Wow....Don't like it, bust me with an infraction or suspend me....

My inbox has room....

But again, some of the Mods decisions as of late need some attention drawn to them....
That's not your call to make, at least not in public. Doing that in public is sophomoric and unprofessional. A very wise man once said, "I am one of the 1st to tell anyone "if you don't like how things are, don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out...." You should listen to this man.

unprofessional?? what we are considered "professional forum posters?? as for it being sophomoric, my ex MIL one time asked me when i was going to grow up....guess i haven't goin there yet...oh well...oh and as for it not being my call to make either in private or public, its my opinion...

Oh, while not about this topic, but kinda pertaining to it, I ahve said alot of times one of the reasons I don't drive a ST is i don't deal well with authority well (DOT stuff) and part of that is "taking advise"...not too good at it sometimes...

What this all gets down to is no one here is a child, but then again, no 1 here is an adult 100% of the time either and no matter what happens the rules are going to be broken from time to time...but then you have the "hammer"...its all or nothing and thats bs...

As was pointed out, no one here gives a crap if people leave, and thats fine...so continue to "T" people off, its all good...when they reach their point, they'll leave.... me, i ain't even close, as i told OVM in texts, I am half tempted to just keep stirring this...or has he said..poke poke...you know like he did to Bruno.....

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Its all fun and games until someone gets their account locked out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
6 month to get the learning curve? Wow as I moderate a car forum with 4000 plus people. It's nothing more than stopping fights and moving/deleting inappropriate posts. Definately didn't take 6 months to learn.

Now the mods job is to stop flaming and whatnot. But, as I recall a mod was really antagonizing Dave in the earlier post.

As I have said multiple times for the most part mods (not all of them) are the root cause of the fighting.

You want us to respect you guys and your code of conduct? Show regular members some respect and I will gladly return it but if you don't I'll just keep telling you to kiss my rear.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
6 month to get the learning curve? Wow as I moderate a car forum with 4000 plus people. It's nothing more than stopping fights and moving/deleting inappropriate posts. Definately didn't take 6 months to learn.

Now the mods job is to stop flaming and whatnot. But, as I recall a mod was really antagonizing Dave in the earlier post.

As I have said multiple times for the most part mods (not all of them) are the root cause of the fighting.

You want us to respect you guys and your code of conduct? Show regular members some respect and I will gladly return it but if you don't I'll just keep telling you to kiss my rear.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like, like, like, like, like.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Well, all I did was lock the thread. If you can't read it I have no idea what the problem is. The reason it was locked is because people chose to tell others to shut up in a much stronger way that violated the rules. I can only surmise but I'd guess the purpose it serves is to remind and reinforce that stepping far enough out of bounds causes threads to disappear. That's above my rank.

And still, you don't answer Moot's query.

Why keep moving the goalposts? As Moot said, the thread had not run it's course. Turtle regularly, as a Mod, deletes derogatory posts, and THEN EXPLAINS WHY HE DID SO. Locking the thread did nothing but stifle people who were genuinely trying to get to the gist of Bruno's complaint. Why couldn't you simply do the same?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The thread was locked when the f word was introduced. The sparring was meant to be good natured although without the benefit of facial expressions and vocal inflection it can't always be easily determined. Part of the problem is you have a significant subset who choose to react negatively and think the worst automatically when a mod comments or takes action.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
YaY!
clap.gif

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
What I find interesting is that people don't talk to each other in the truck stops / layover locations as they do online.

Everyone, please display the same courtesy to each other as if you were laying over in the same truck stop or picking up freight from the same location.

We will discuss and adjudicate the evenings brouhaha among our mods and admins. More to follow.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've moderated other forums, too, where moderating was a no-brainer, and this one is a little different. We've had moderators here who barely lasted six months. There's a reason for that.

It doesn't work that way. I'm truly surprised that you, being a moderator and all, don't understand that. In order to be a member and post here, you have to first agree to the Code of Conduct. Everything stems from that. If you can't live up to your word by respecting the rules you agreed to abide by, then you haven't earned, nor deserve respect. Those who are able to live up to their agreement have the respect of everyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.