who's happy

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Originally Posted by Turtle

I'm not sure what the point of all this was.

LOL, it was just another way to take a backhanded shot at Phil..and to make the point that not everyone is unhappy with FXCC...but covered it with asking about ALL carriers...and has you pointed out, a "Pep Rally"...well as a "cover" at least....

Last edited:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I still don't see the big deal with Phil leaving, drivers leave their companies everyday, even when things are going okay.
For example seemed to me Chef was doing okay at Bolt and OVM was doing okay at Express1, but they both left for greener pastures...I never heard either of them complain about the companies they worked for it's just Load 1 offered them a better opportunity.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I never heard either of them complain about the companies they worked for it's just Load 1 offered them a better opportunity.
Oh, they complained. It's just that one complained more subtly, diplomatically, while the other didn't complain much, but rather just up and burned the bridge. :D

Big Redd

Expert Expediter
Originally Posted by Turtle

LOL, it was just another way to take a backhanded shot at Phil..and to make the point that not everyone is unhappy with FXCC...but covered it with asking about ALL carriers...and has you pointed out, a "Pep Rally"...well as a "cover" at least....

no it was never a back handed shot at Phil. It is not a back handed shot at anyone. I don't even know Phil and he's never done anything to me and if I was going to take a shot trust me back handed is not my style. It is exactly what it appears and apparently not eveyone understands. I am a lurker not some one who post very often or is really involved . Thats my choice. But lately when I start reading the post on here I see so much anger and people complaining about what they are doing that I just wanted to bring out the people like myself who enjoy what we do and are very happy with their carrier. I know they are out there and I just want them to speak up for a change.
Anger is like cancer, it just eats away at the body.I don't know if some of you folks have noticed lately but thats what has been happening lately...I've been playing this game for 9 years at FX and if I was new and came here for advice, well lets just say I'd go get a job at wal mart...Call me a fool for trying but I figure its time for some one to try and change the tone be fore it goes to far..but then again maybe I'm wrong and it's already to late and people are only happy when taking shots at other people....but ya know what I do not think I'm wrong...There is still hope...

Big Redd

Expert Expediter
What's wrong with pep rallies? They are fun

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

ok in your honor we will start a bon fire tonight,can't have a pep rally with out one.Then my wife is going to want to make samores(don't know the proper spelling) Then all the neighbors will want to come over and somebody will bring fireworks. oh what the heck,why not.....thanks:) :) :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nothing wrong at all with a pep rally. But, "I just wanted to bring out the people like myself who enjoy what we do and are very happy with their carrier," is practically the encyclopedic definition example of a pep rally. :D

The flip-side of getting a bad perception of this business and going to work at Walmart instead are the ones who see the pep rallies and think things are great, and go out and buy a truck or van and end up losing everything in 6 months. So you have to be careful on that end of it, too.

Anyway.... the irony is not lost on me, at least, that this thread was started by a contractor at FedEx Custom Critical. :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Do they wear helmets? :confused:
Pom Poms made of yarn, mostly

cheerleader_sm.jpg

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I still don't see the big deal with Phil leaving,....

Neither do I. My departure post was as modest as could be and I expected little to come of it. But people will not let it alone and no amount of responses or clarifications or explanations from me seems able to help them move onto other topics.

I've had enough for a while. Time for a mental health break from EO. Such breaks have served me well in the past. This one will enable me to better focus on getting grounded and productive with our new carrier.

No more posts from me until August 1 or later. For those who are interested, my daily blog will continue.

Peace!

P.S. This "leave of absence" will likely keep me out of the conversation that develops when the next edition of Expedite NOW hits the stands. It contains a great interview with Bradley Jacobs and Mike Welch. Jacobs is the entrepreneur who took over Express-1 and intends to build it into a multi-billion dollar company. Welch is now the former Express-1 CEO and will remain with the company.

Many of the questions asked in the interview were asked on your behalf. They came straight out of the Open Forum, based on the comments made by members in the Express 1 Buyout thread. EO went straight on with Jacobs and Welch and the gentlemen responded in kind. Watch for this piece. It is a fascinating read.

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
I am a bit unsure why we all couldn't just all wish Phil goodluck with his choice and continue on our merry way. He does not pay my bills and I don't pay his. His decision is just that, his. BTW I did not receive the qc message telling me I am forced dispatched now. That is a tad bit confusing to me.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'M HAPPY! I'm also old! I'm home; my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter spent two days and a night with us. I've got some time off, and while I'm not getting paid, I'm still F'in HAPPY!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Hey everyone, I'm leaving!

No... really, I'm leaving!

I'll be back, but I'm leaving for now!

Don't talk about me behind my back, because I'll be watching while I'm leaving!

I'll be back!

Peace, out, my shizzle!

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives. <music starts>

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I still don't see the big deal with Phil leaving, drivers leave their companies everyday, even when things are going okay

If you'd been here more than 5 years, you'd have a better idea of the undercurrents that swirl around both Phil and FedEx - why both have an 'image' that acts as a lightning rod for both fans and detractors.
And you'd remember the first time the 'cheerleader with pompoms' [and rose colored glasses, lol] made an appearance here, too. :D
It is a big deal now [for some folks] because it was a big deal way back when - it's all about the personalities that draw attention, is all.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
P.S. This "leave of absence" will likely keep me out of the conversation that develops when the next edition of Expedite NOW hits the stands. It contains a great interview with Bradley Jacobs and Mike Welch. Jacobs is the entrepreneur who took over Express-1 and intends to build it into a multi-billion dollar company. Welch is now the former Express-1 CEO and will remain with the company.

Many of the questions asked in the interview were asked on your behalf. They came straight out of the Open Forum, based on the comments made by members in the Express 1 Buyout thread. EO went straight on with Jacobs and Welch and the gentlemen responded in kind. Watch for this piece. It is a fascinating read.

This is going to be a great story! 100%!