who's happy

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
My spouse will never be happy with any carrier but for me I just go with the flow and tolerate, for now.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Pom Poms made of yarn, mostly

cheerleader_sm.jpg

Also reminds me of the snotty and snooty.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
The dogs, mules, horses & my self are healthy. That makes me happy. If I were driving I might be happier. If I were sitting in a dusty parking lot I probably would not be as happy.:p

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I couldn't be any happier. I had a totally awesome day and evening at the race this weekend, and now I'm home for a week of riding my Harley. I'm gonna have a permanent grin like the guy in that "make your Little Willie bigger" commercial.

Yep, life is good. I'm livin' the dream.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
now that panther has forced dispatch not to many are happy at least not enough to ans. the question

SAY WHAT????????????????????????????

FORCED DISPATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I guess there's going to be a lot of openings at Panther.

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
Can forced dispatch really happen for contractors?

Wouldn't this be considered calling them employees if they are forced to do something?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Can forced dispatch really happen for contractors?

They will until they're called to task in court. Then they'll say, "Our bad". Until that happens, they'll tell you, "Don't like it? Leave!"

Wouldn't this be considered calling them employees if they are forced to do something?

Employees or citizens.

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
Isn't there seven laws to what is a contractor verses employees?

Yes, I agree with you...panther will pull that card, if you do not like it leave.

With this all said, I will never think twice going or refer someone to Panther.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
There are 21 points that are used to judge whether or not a person is a contractor, temp help or an employee. It is the IRS that will use those points to capture the past due taxes - if any but it is the Department of Labor who actually tells who is an employee and who isn't.

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
There are 21 points that are used to judge whether or not a person is a contractor, temp help or an employee. It is the IRS that will use those points to capture the past due taxes - if any but it is the Department of Labor who actually tells who is an employee and who isn't.

Thank you for the clarification but still when someone is forced to do something changing a time, directing is FORCED. Unless the contract is clearly specified but still when I spoke to a state representative from the department of labor (4 from 3 states), they said it still no matter what a fine line to contracting an employee.

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
In a word.... ABSOLUTELY..... never been happier. Great relaxing weekend at a KOA in SC. Ready to roll first thing in the AM fully rested and WELL fed.

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Thank you for the clarification but still when someone is forced to do something changing a time, directing is FORCED. Unless the contract is clearly specified but still when I spoke to a state representative from the department of labor (4 from 3 states), they said it still no matter what a fine line to contracting an employee.

Ohhh twe, me tink, each day you have in this business will seem like a life time to you with this attitude. And, even more so for your spouse it seems. If you tink for even a little bit YOU don't have to service your customer (and if you are a Contractor you have only one), y'all are truly sadly mistaken. You can cry foul all you want.........but.....it is what it is in your position. I really tried not to rub my eyes......but they did roll a bit.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ohhh twe, me tink, each day you have in this business will seem like a life time to you with this attitude. And, even more so for your spouse it seems. If you tink for even a little bit YOU don't have to service your customer (and if you are a Contractor you have only one), y'all are truly sadly mistaken. You can cry foul all you want.........but.....it is what it is in your position. I really tried not to rub my eyes......but they did roll a bit.

Absolutely I have to service my customer. Sometimes I do it against my better judgement; and sometimes my philosophy is that "your customer isn't my customer until their freight is on my truck". But regardless of my saying yes or no to their offers, I'd say we have a good relationship going. Saying 'no' isn't necessarily a life-ending event.