Whats the longest you've ever sat?? And where was it???

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK, I know I'm retarded but thats besides the point...My question is how long have you ever sat in one place? And where was it that you sat?:rolleyes:

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll start this one off....I have been sitting in the Laredo/Mcallen, Texas area for well it'll be 3 weeks on Sunday...WHY??? I cannot answer that question? But lets hope that I get outta here SOON!!!:eek:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
at home from 11-27 to 1-4 '010 caring for gracie. on the road 3.5 days in princeton in last january.

three weeks:eek::eek: you should be committed. how much have you spent sitting as opposed to moving to a northern frt lane?

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Well what is the whole story? type of vehicle, carrier, solo, owner op? There is something screwy.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I was on the road I would sit for 24 hours after I delivered then started moving back into a stronger lane. if I sat in a van for 3 weeks I would shoot myself.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
4 days....Chicago....this week.....I made a bad decision! I did what I was told instead of doing what I knew was right. D'oh!

Kazper1008

Seasoned Expediter
A few years ago we sat for 7 days in Orlando FL and 7 days in Hildalgo TX. We were new to the biz purchased a new hino that wouldnt start if you turned it off and we had no apu. We were flat broke from all the money going into the fuel tank. It was so hot out we had no choice but to run the truck. I can now look back and have a good laugh you live and learn and we are still here for the long haul.:D

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
7 days in West Memphis back in 1995 when I 1st started with Roberts Express. I was running solo. Sat number 1 as a C unit and number 1, one size down. Only Roberts Express vets know what I'm talking about.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OMG dude, if you sat there for more than a week, you should drive home, taken the stickers off the van and applied to another company.

There is no reason for sitting in Laredo for more than 3 days, a week if taking side work smuggling or something like that but not 19 days, not one reason.

guido4475

Not a Member
OMG dude, if you sat there for more than a week, you should drive home, taken the stickers off the van and applied to another company.

There is no reason for sitting in Laredo for more than 3 days, a week if taking side work smuggling or something like that but not 19 days, not one reason.

obviously you havent been there in awile, greg.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
obviously you havent been there in awile, greg.

It don't matter if I was or not. :D

If you sit for more than a few days and have a van - M O V E

If your company tells you don't move and you listen to them and still haven't gotten anything - change companies.

It is not like they shut down the border or freight is frozen across the country.

This is a business, right Guido? :cool: