What's Going On At Panther???

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
.I read somewhere not sure where now,that they are moving there office?Reason I ask is because my van is at Panther's H.Q in OH and I woundering if they will move the van somewhere else?Input on this would be great,Mike.

If you are in the van when they move it somewhere else it really shouldn't be a problem. Just be sure you get paid for all miles and tolls. Are you on the variable f.s.c. or the structured f.s.c. and was this a determining factor in choosing to lease on with Panther?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If you are in the van when they move it somewhere else it really shouldn't be a problem.

Sage advice, as always. You can't go wrong listening to this wise guy - er, man.

Just be sure you get paid for all miles and tolls.

And be sure to find out where they're moving to, in case you are in the van when it happens - it's good to know where you're going. :D
Seriously: that's a relatively new bldg in Seville - I doubt they're ditching it for new digs already.

Are you on the variable f.s.c. or the structured f.s.c. and was this a determining factor in choosing to lease on with Panther?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
i see a few Panther CV's "FOR SALE"...hope they are selling your van....

And Moot, is that "Rubber or Ground Sage Advise"!?!?"

Last edited:

mike1973

Seasoned Expediter
If you are in the van when they move it somewhere else it really shouldn't be a problem.

Sage advice, as always. You can't go wrong listening to this wise guy - er, man.

And be sure to find out where they're moving to, in case you are in the van when it happens - it's good to know where you're going. :D
Seriously: that's a relatively new bldg in Seville - I doubt they're ditching it for new digs already.

Are you on the variable f.s.c. or the structured f.s.c. and was this a determining factor in choosing to lease on with Panther?

I'm now considering another company,I have bought another van and I found a smaller company to lease it on.My van was lease with Panther since March of 2010 and I always had issues with getting good miles for my driver(s).As for fsc question i'm not ready sure which plain,my driver(s) paid the fuel.As what I can see cargo vans are not the best fit at Panther,so I'm looking at a smaller company which I don't want to name yet but as for my research last 2 days they seem to do very well for vans.I'm also looked into Express-1 but read few things about them that worries me.I also got in contact with Load-1 but I was told they are not taking vans at this time??

mike1973

Seasoned Expediter
If you are in the van when they move it somewhere else it really shouldn't be a problem. Just be sure you get paid for all miles and tolls. Are you on the variable f.s.c. or the structured f.s.c. and was this a determining factor in choosing to lease on with Panther?

I'm ending my contract with Panther and i'm going sign on with a smaller company.Happens that this other company is also in OH but in a another city.I just bought a second van today and going to move on away from Panther.I have when threw 4 drivers since March of last year,my last driver was best driver I ever had but due to lack of miles in last few months,he left and I don't blame him.As for today i'm no longer contracted with Panther.I also see a lot of former Panther vans for sale also.

mike1973

Seasoned Expediter
i see a few Panther CV's "FOR SALE"...hope they are selling your van....

No I just bought a second van,lol.I'm found a better company a smaller company but its mostly cargo vans they sign but they do sign straight trucks as well but not T/T.They have a fleet of 50 - 60 vans I believe and they give me the phone numbers of some of the owners who are lease with them,I spoke to 3 of them and they told me there very happy and doing very well.The one person I spoke to used to lease with Panther also and left them,they highly prefer to have the owners run it but they do let you hire contract drivers,only thing is I would do the hiring and have to paid for back grounds checks etc but other than that i'm going to lease with them.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We'll need to start a "Drive For Dennis" campaign. It's gonna be a tough campaign because, well, they'd be driving for Dennis, and he's, you know, Dennis. Bumper stickers are obviously out of the question, as "Bullseye Obama in 2012" bumper stickers would be less controversial. :D

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

It's definitely the ground sage advice, just because it is so grounded in virtual reality. The rubber sage advice tends to bounce back and hit me. Also the rubber sage tends to be even more chewy than the giblets in my Thanksgiving Day dressing.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ask the Chef about the rubber sage, he brought it up. I'm pretty sure he meant rubbed sage but... Maybe I should quit using minced wheel chocks in place of giblets in my dressing.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

Cheri

They aren't moving just moving departments around and upgrading things in the safety building. They may be looking to move to a bigger building or add on the current building as they are running out of space as the company grows.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe they spent all the Bonus money.:p
bonus money? whats that, i dont get no bonus and i ive got to do some of dispatch work fix wrong address, fix directions ,make coustomer happy ,
i have never gotten to recruiting other than email gave the # to a few people that were interested and they couldnt get through either,dont know if they ever did i know they read thes little bits of info.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Last Saturday in Duncan SC I talked to a Panther Little Red Truck that is a Part of the co that put 45 to 50 Straight trucks on Fedex they said they were running more. They had a dog and they run reefer freight. Said the reason they didnt change was they were used to Panther and that they could not keep the pooch with them if they switched, Their decision came from the new rules & the fact they didnt want to give up the pooch. Incadently 1.35 a mile for a straight truck they say is a good deal. Ok WHTEVER. Not being able to have a Dog is fine by me Couldnt stand cleaning up the hair or the accidents on the floor. Talk about the split pay, maybe 4 a husband wife team but I wouldn't never go for that. To each is their own. 53ft TRL 2500 carrier TCU & Lift Gate is mine. Get the picture.

Last edited:

mike1973

Seasoned Expediter
Re: What's Going On At Panther???UPDATE

Well been a while since I last posted and wanted to give some input if anyone wants to buy or get into a van.My personal experience being O/O operating cargo vans was good and bad,I was with Panther for just little over a year(14 mo's) and before Panther I was sign with another top 5 company but after Panther and my last post I found a small company with has cargo vans and sprinters only,no ST/or T/T and I was shock how with a smaller company I'm getting better miles and more loads.I don't want to name the company due to legal reasons but I will state they are a newer company started few years ago I believe and its run by a small staff.Only issue with this company is you can't hire I.C drivers you as the owner got to drive the van it self.I been with them 3 months now and after 3 years owning and running cargo vans,i'm getting out of the business for now.I wanted to state to anyone who thought about maybe buying a sprinter or van,the money is good but not great,you can't really make much if your have a driver in it.I always had the 40/60 but after 3 years my income wasn't what I thought it would be.I sold my one van and i'm trying to sell my second one which I just bought 3 months ago.My point is if you want to be a van/sprinter fleet owner,expect not to make big bucks each month,I think starting out in a straight truck would be better if you want to get into this business.As for Panther go's as far being a van owner,I had bad experience with Panther and they couldn't keep my van moving.There was times where it sat for 3-4 even 5 days before my van and the driver got another load.I was also with Tri-State before Panther but Tri-State wasn't that bad.For my third and last company,they have been the best by far,I was out for 3 months just came home this weekend and even tho its the slow season,I was getting good miles and never sat more than 36 hours the most.What I wanted to say is by far my personal experience smaller companies seems to be better than the large ones.Now for reason i'm getting out is due to a medical issue i'm having and I can't run my business right now until I can clear this medical issue that came on me.Till next time stay safe out there and remember when the wheels an't turning you an't making money.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I was shock how with a smaller company I'm getting better miles and more loads.
What's the rate per mile?

I don't want to name the company due to legal reasons but I will state they are a newer company started few years ago I believe and its run by a small staff.
What possible legal reasons would prevent you from naming the company?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

What's the rate per mile?

What possible legal reasons would prevent you from naming the company?

that is what I was waiting for...someone to jump on that...

wheels are turning...but at what rate...I would imagine I'd be going non stop if I worked for a lesser rate....