What's Going On At Panther???

Newtothis

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry if this goes off the rails a bit but since Panther has been spoke of so much...
Have any of you had trouble getting good solo miles with Panther? Have you had experience being bumped over team preferences?
I'm asking because I'm having these issues now myself. No offense to teams... Kind of wish I was one right now!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Panther is on a 16 hours clock, and they stick to that 47 MPH. If you don't have to time complete the load at 47 MPH since you 16 hour clock started (when you last moved without 5 hours of not-moving to reset the clock), then you either will not get the load and a team van will, or you will be swapped out.

Newtothis

Seasoned Expediter
Panther is on a 16 hours clock, and they stick to that 47 MPH. If you don't have to time complete the load at 47 MPH since you 16 hour clock started (when you last moved without 5 hours of not-moving to reset the clock), then you either will not get the load and a team van will, or you will be swapped out.

I understand that completely and sit as still as possible, lol. I sat once for three straight days without moving and still saw teams go out in 4th and 7th position while I was 1st. Then for kicks one came in with a dry run 1st out.. That one kept me still into day four!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's why when I was with Panther I tried my best to stay out on the fringes, away from other Panther vans. I tried to stay completely out of Midwest Hеll as much as possible (Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky). You have zero leverage when there are 17 other vans that will take what you don't want.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I understand that completely and sit as still as possible, lol. I sat once for three straight days without moving and still saw teams go out in 4th and 7th position while I was 1st. Then for kicks one came in with a dry run 1st out.. That one kept me still into day four!

I don't haul for Panther directly. But I do indirectly. I see lots and lots of freight that comes in via LTL companies and air freight.

I think the bean counters crunch the heck out of the numbers and are taking more stuff off their contracted trucks and putting it on cheaper "mass" expediter trucks/planes.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Looking at Ragman's artwork it didn't take long to realize that everone's favorite MXer worked as a model.