What did you do before you started in Expediting.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Did some finish carpentry work, worked at a tire store, delivered pizza's and waited tables and managed the restuarant on occasion. Started driving a straight truck in 99 and did a year at fedex home delivery. and now I am in my own straight truck:) taht's the readers digest condensed version LOL

guido4475

Not a Member
I used to be a Gigolo, by the name of Deuce Bigelow.I now have a vision of becoming a sumu wrestler, traveling the world in a flowered diaper thing that they wear.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was a professional clown for a few years and before that, I owned & operated a small rendering company.

John Wayne Gacy was a clown. Jeffery Dahmer and Ed Gein weren't clowns but did dabble in rendering. I'm pretty sure none of the 3 were ever involved in expediting.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
John Wayne Gacy was a clown. Jeffery Dahmer and Ed Gein weren't clowns but did dabble in rendering. I'm pretty sure none of the 3 were ever involved in expediting.

Gee Wingnut has all the makins of a serial killer...

FBI stats...there are at least 125 serial killers roaming around the US at any one time.....:eek:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
FBI stats...there are at least 125 serial killers roaming around the US at any one time.....:eek:

How many of those 125 are roaming around in a van? Ed Gein wasn't a serial killer, but he did live on an isolated farm. Your shorts could qualify as a clown suit. How big are your feet?

3 points for you.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How many of those 125 are roaming around in a van? Ed Gein wasn't a serial killer, but he did live on an isolated farm. Your shorts could qualify as a clown suit. How big are your feet?

3 points for you.

67% of serial killers used a van at one time or another during the commission of a crime...

size 11 triple D

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
been involved with trucks one loading them, shipping office, or accts payable my working career. last time it was finding carriers for case corp hauling from the east to plants all over the usa. that was where i found out about expediting. all those guys are still working as temps after 5 years.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
US Army truck driver right out of high school then drove for several companies over the years. Then i was the superintendent of the port of little rock for 5 years that was a fun job then after the parole i mean divorce i raised 3 boys on my own then i got back into trucking and 6 years ago i got into expediting.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
usn navy 21 year's 27 days 33 mins ret as skc/sw
2 years mid east service contractor naval weapson station yorktown va
fedexcc 11 years
field rep for pro heat 7 years
egl/ceva 7 years

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Gee Wingnut has all the makins of a serial killer...

Ya got that right OVM! My 'advantage' would be my height cuz then my 'victims' couldn't see me coming in for the kill... :) :)

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
machinery operator, beef farmer, fish farmer, welder, a few different factory jobs, bar tender, waiter, I even worked at Compaq computers for a bit, powerline tree trimmer and prolly a few I cant think of right now.

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
You'd be surprised! :)

Yes Sir you would. I interviewed for a job once at a rendering plant. One of their big items was to collect chicken feathers which they baked in a 40 foot long drum type oven. Once baked, the "crumbs" were sold to dog food companies which added them to dry dog food for protein enrichment. Next time you see the word high protein on a bag of dog food think about those feathers.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Yes Sir you would. I interviewed for a job once at a rendering plant. One of their big items was to collect chicken feathers which they baked in a 40 foot long drum type oven. Once baked, the "crumbs" were sold to dog food companies which added them to dry dog food for protein enrichment. Next time you see the word high protein on a bag of dog food think about those feathers.

You learn something new everyday. I guess they use everything on the bird.