Van down

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Wish some of you panty waste folk would get off this kids back..
Like JJ said he comes here and bears his soul and takes all the crap you give him with a shrug and still keeps coming back for more...
Enough already you >old turds:rolleyes:
Guessing if I want the new generation to cover my back and they/he don't know what a gun is I would prefer he had a Machete in his pocket...jus sayin
I am out.....
Zane you always have a place to spot "your" onion in Nashville if you so desire and if you need help with the van catch me on a PM with your # and I will help you get where you need to go..
Nice to see someone worth a **** posting on this forum..again jus sayin
IMG_7982.jpg

I stay strappd to protect all my road side friends. no ones stealing there cargo when im around lol

Last edited by a moderator:

MissKat

Expert Expediter
We really love your adventures Mr. Zaniac. Keep them coming please. No one on here will admit to their bad luck on the road although it happens to all of us. And best wishes to your grandparents. You are a good soul. PS did I see you at Ozzfest?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I seriously doubt that running out of fuel one tile would cause the fuel pump to die. I run low on fuel a lot and my fuel pump is doing just fine. If the pump is making a noise when you turn the key it should be working well enough to provide fuel. You can put the fuel pump thing to bed by having a shop perform a pressure test on the system. This can also be other probmens like a bad oxygen sensor or some other sensor. How is the motor oil? Do you have a check engine light on? Is the battery charged up? I just don't see how idling out of fuel would cause such a massive problem. Any how I wish you the best of luck!

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks kat. No I haven't been but i do do vans warped tour i go to some every year. To bring my bike and do promo stuff with my old clothing sponsor. But maybe have my own booth this year? Lol will see

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Need some help. Stopped at gas station to get gas and took a nap sitting there and when i woke the van had ran out so i pushed it to the pump got gas. It wouldnt start i added a fuel additives as well and it turns over but wont fire. I called chevy and they dont want to help.They just wanted me to get the van towed. And look at it. JUST money hungry anyone have any tips of stuff to try.?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Just wondering, when did you add the fuel additives? If you added it before fueling, and then ran out, it could be trying to start off whatever additives was in the tank. Got some WD-40? Try that before using starter fluid. Not sure if you sloved your problem yet, I started reading the replies and saw very few were trying to help. To bad, this should be a place to get help, instead of folks trying to put you down for what happened. Don't worry to much about them. They are just trying to be smarter than anyone else. But hey, how smart can they be...they are Expediters after all. :cool:

mcarriers

Seasoned Expediter
Yes sir you do and You drive with some of my favorite ole turd friends that also resemble ^
WTH did you do with the ole cabover BTW? I loved that truck!

Hey there mrgoodtude your name fits you :p

{Even if it's in jest, we really don't need to be calling other members names. Thanks. - Turtle}

Last edited by a moderator:

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Just wondering, when did you add the fuel additives? If you added it before fueling, and then ran out, it could be trying to start off whatever additives was in the tank. Got some WD-40? Try that before using starter fluid. Not sure if you sloved your problem yet, I started reading the replies and saw very few were trying to help. To bad, this should be a place to get help, instead of folks trying to put you down for what happened. Don't worry to much about them. They are just trying to be smarter than anyone else. But hey, how smart can they be...they are Expediters after all. :cool:

I added the additive after the fact. I do have wd 40 . ill have try that 2mar also. Now the bat is completly dead So when i have to try something new.. I have to hook up to a truck. Just keeps getting better. thanks for the help tho :)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Having a properly charged battery should be the first thing. If it doesn't start I would try starting fluid if it still won't I would pull a plug wire and see if you are getting spark. This can help narrow down your problem and give you a direction to go in. Good luck.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would look for a spark problem, I had a coil pack go bad with my 03 Gmc while it was idleling.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Fuel pump went out on my '02 Tahoe. I didn't have any help where I'm living now so I called a tow truck. He told me that it happens alot that when he drops 'em off at the shop, they'll run after being bounced around on the truck.

It was after hours when all this happened so i had family drop me off later that night and I tried it, sure enough it started and drove off. I took it back home (different than where I'm living now) to a different shop that I was more comfortable with. The other shop never knew it was there unless the tow truck driver told 'em...lol.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Fuel pump went out on my '02 Tahoe. I didn't have any help where I'm living now so I called a tow truck. He told me that it happens alot that when he drops 'em off at the shop, they'll run after being bounced around on the truck.

It was after hours when all this happened so i had family drop me off later that night and I tried it, sure enough it started and drove off. I took it back home (different than where I'm living now) to a different shop that I was more comfortable with. The other shop never knew it was there unless the tow truck driver told 'em...lol.

Yup. Pounding on the bottom of the tank can have the same effect.. Don't expect it to last long, but it can mean getting off the highway or to your drop.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wish some of you panty waste folk would get off this kids back..

The dude has run out of gas twice in the last 5 weeks! Not an acceptable practice for an expediter or an MX'er. Ask Turtle what I think about running out of fuel. I'm still on his shell about him almost running out of fuel. Only glueheads run on fumes.

Now I will jump on Mike's back; it's panty waist and kids should have an apostrophe between the d and the s .
wHGeavXrnyaxNS1M7cpM7c2dvXX71HnryBgB12T0ROqyNEgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Remember: "The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe." FZ

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've run out of gas a couple of times. Once, in my driveway. Once, I pulled up to the pump just as the engine died. Both those times were in a 1984 Chevy pickup, it had the old engine-driven fuel pump so you don't get the problems that these fuel-tank mounted electrics give you. Ah, those were the days. Carburetors and engine-driven mechanical pumps. They don't make them like that anymore.

I admit to enjoying some of MX's stuff too. For those inclined to give him a hard time--- you, too were young and inexperienced once. I also admit the stuff about the machetes was priceless. MX, the image of you walking the deck of a pirate ship with machetes stuck in your waist-band is priceless. (History note: Caribbean pirates did use machetes, amongst other weapons. They used anything they could lay their hands on that could be used as a weapon.)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
For the record I have never run out of gas or diesel. I've put more than 26.5 gallons into a 26.5 gallon tank on more than one occasion, however. :D

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
greg334 The additives can help clear the pump out,? just to try something else.
Turtle I never ran out of diesel either.
mjmsprt40. yes thats true and thanks for the kindness:) road pirates unite haha
Rocketman you lucked out that it ran . wanna share some of the luck??lol
paullud yea i tried and it is getting spark.
moot . iknow i know. ill get it through my thick skull sometime hopefully its this time.:)
fastman how do you check if its the coil?

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
Diagnostics can be difficult if you over complicate it. Rule of thumb is check the simple things first. You must have fuel spark and compression for a gasoline engine to run. Compression Fuel and air volume for a diesel engine to run.

logically, if you ran out of gas, the pump may have been getting progressively hotter and caused the fuel pump fuse or relay to overheat or blow, I would check that first. Check for an inertia switch, that also may stop the fuel pump from working. No reason for you to have lost spark or compression by just running out of gas. I would also disconnect the power supply to reset the computer, but that might be a moot point if the battery is dead. Hope this is helpful.

Scott