Tri-state vans

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
I was thinking about making a post the other day asking if Tri State was still running vans. I have only seen maybe three in the last month. Think I've seen more of their straight trucks than vans.

there were three tri state vans parked in the j in davenport ia last friday. the other e-1 van got a load and left when we did. got passed by a tri state semi last nite or was it yesterday day, or maybe it was today, well we got passed by one.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Look at the end of the E....looks like a devils tail....say anything?*L*

The last time I was in the computer room in the driver's lounge in Buchanan, the mouse pads had that same logo, only it belonged to another company...I think they might have "borrowed" that big red E....by the way, I have 2 friends in vans with Tri State, both moving today and yesterday..I would be moving but I'm down for repairs...

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Highway star I do have a pair...I'll post a pic of em...Mine are better than Kens...Mine are Blue Orange and White...lol ;)

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
I spoke with a friend who's driving a S/T and he's getting 20 lb freight with 90 CPM..and the cargo vans are starving .. thank you TriState

First off.....are you sure this "friend" of yours is telling you the truth? Secondly, this sounds like a discounted load to me...which is NOT unusual .My own trucks occassionally haul discounted loads for both TRI-STATE and for FECC. Thirdly: do you and your "friend" know all the FACTS in regards to this "...20 lb freight with 90 CPM..." .....such as, were there any vans available for pick up; did the customer request a straight truck; what were the dimensions of the freight; etc?"
Also....do you have PROOF that "......the cargo vans are starving...?" I know MANY van drivers and none are "starving".
Lastly.....what's up with your "..thank-you TRI-STATE.." comment? You're not even on with TRI-STATE anymore......and as memory serves me, you did ALOT of slamming TRI-STATE when you were on with them.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
On Toledo board are no cargo vans...they are taking care of their own...[/QUOTE

How do you "know" that: "....on Toledo board are no cargo vans...?" Again, you are NOT on with TRI-STATE any longer, so how are you so "sure" as to this statement you made?

Just what are you getting at when you say that: ".....they are taking care of their own..?" I would like a clarification on your statement.

I can see that, for whatever reason, you are still hardoring ill feelings towards TRI-STATE, a company that you are NO LONGER on with. Why is that?

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
According to my sources...
2 different Tristate van drivers/owners....
of late dispatchers are caught loading around the vans onto straights, supposedly to keep the straights busy and to plug the leak of straights from leaving....
vans are disposable...now they find themselves short of vans...wonder why?

It's NOT in TRI-STATE's, nor ANY expedite company's best interest to 'load around the vans onto straights' just to keep the straight trucks busy. Here's a FACT to disprove this claim: I recently had a truck on a board with several vans. the VANS got loaded BEFORE my truck...in fact, my truck sat for 2 days before getting a load outta there. So, if this were the case of straights getting loaded around the vans, then why did the VANS get loaded BEFORE my straight truck??? Rumors are just that, rumors.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep those are my party shorts...i'll have em with me if your lucky one day ya'll might see me wearin em lol...(p.s) the Chicks dig em' :D

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is that what I should do...Just get decals on the doors???

Some folks don't like the big decals. They do not like the idea of having it show up when they take'em off, due to they jump from company to company. I have mine, Ken also.(for now).
Some don't have anything at all on thier vans, nothing! As others take thier numbers off so they don't look like a newbe. I had one team ask me "is that your real number?", they had none.
The big E shows we drive the paint off...kinda like it.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, well ..... it coulda been worse: he could have actually been wearing 'em :eek:

At first, it looked like he was wearing them and bending over. It caused a waving the arms in front of your face and yelling "No! No!" kind of reaction.