Tri-state vans

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Some folks don't like the big decals. They do not like the idea of having it show up when they take'em off, due to they jump from company to company. I have mine, Ken also.(for now).
Some don't have anything at all on thier vans, nothing! As others take thier numbers off so they don't look like a newbe. I had one team ask me "is that your real number?", they had none.
The big E shows we drive the paint off...kinda like it.
And some may want to make their van less conspicuous, because local zoning may not allow them to park their vehicle at their home because of local zoning laws.

eb

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
EB wrote:

And some may want to make their van less conspicuous, because local zoning may not allow them to park their vehicle at their home because of local zoning laws.
BINGO...

Also the smaller they are, the easier they are to cover up if and when the need arises.....

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
If your worried about the size of your lettering & Zoning. Move to the Ozarks. You can have a hog farm next to a junk yard (Recycling center) next to a sink hole big enought for Rhode Island, and a nice double wide that was set up on 10 acres when the leaves & bushes were green and they were out of site. NO Zoning, none.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
If I may return to the original subject of this thread:

1366 loaded miles (3 loads) since thursday afternoon 3/18(It's now saturday 3/20 at 4:47 P.M.). 165 total deadhead miles. All three loads paid, or are paying, in excess of .80 per mile plus FSC. Currently on the third one, delivering Monday @ 6 A.M. My friend Russell has had aprox. 1,000 loaded miles in the same time period. Sounds to me like whoever is complaining about not getting van loads from Tri State got ahold of some sour grapes or just did not end up in the right place at the right time.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I may return to the original subject of this thread:

1366 loaded miles (3 loads) since thursday afternoon 3/18(It's now saturday 3/20 at 4:47 P.M.). 165 total deadhead miles. All three loads paid, or are paying, in excess of .80 per mile plus FSC. Currently on the third one, delivering Monday @ 6 A.M. My friend Russell has had aprox. 1,000 loaded miles in the same time period. Sounds to me like whoever is complaining about not getting van loads from Tri State got ahold of some sour grapes or just did not end up in the right place at the right time.

Isn't that usually the case?...;)

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If your worried about the size of your lettering & Zoning. Move to the Ozarks. You can have a hog farm next to a junk yard (Recycling center) next to a sink hole big enought for Rhode Island, and a nice double wide that was set up on 10 acres when the leaves & bushes were green and they were out of site. NO Zoning, none.

Or,,,,Or, you can move to Bison, SD where the snow will cover up your letters.....and sheep can't read...