transporter Diet aug 15

transporter

Expert Expediter
Ok I am starting my diet on the 15 of August which is tommorow. I am 5'6 275 lbs with blood sugar higher than a Canadian winning olympic gold in hockey. my goal is to get down to 195 lbs and no diabetes pills. doing this by next august 15

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
go for it pal....the nutrisystem will teach you portion sizes and stuff...then you learn what to substitute for thier stuff and do your own thing...they have a nutrisystem D plan...just for you...it really worked for JuJu...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And I thought you were going to share a timetravel secret with us. :D Good luck with it. I wish I had the discipline to do the same.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Ok I am starting my diet on the 15 of August which is tommorow. I am 5'6 275 lbs with blood sugar higher than a Canadian winning olympic gold in hockey. my goal is to get down to 195 lbs and no diabetes pills. doing this by next august 15

Good luck, just remember, stay out of those truck stops. I started doing this bout a year ago.
Took control of my eating habits. (Mainly less is more). Don`t know if I could go off the meds but I feel great.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

Correction Transporter it is September not August
Your problem is not your weight it's your height:p
I'm starting my diet on Monday, so I'll be in the trenches with both you and Ken

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have not reached my true height! I am also in the trenches with you guys on losing and learning about nutrition.

transporter

Expert Expediter
red ya i dont know even when weight comes off if ill beable to stop the pills
dakota thanks but if i correct myself you can take abreak:rolleyes:. icant do much about my height rudy rudy rudy.
how much you trieng to loose

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
:rolleyes::rolleyes:I think the main thing for most of us is to learn proper portion sizes, and the buffet definately doesn't teach us that.
I'm a label reader now and am amazed at how many things I consider a portion are actually two or three portions
My downfall is Doritos and potato chips, read the label a portion size is like 13 chips, who eats just 13 chips NOT ME:rolleyes:
Most restuarants oversize the portions too. One portion at a resturant is enough for two people.

Oh Transporter, if you do feel like eating out occasionally
try Applebees, they have some awesome entrees that are around 550 calories. I've tried a few and they are satisfying and good:)

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
red ya i dont know even when weight comes off if ill beable to stop the pills
dakota thanks but if i correct myself you can take abreak:rolleyes:. icant do much about my height rudy rudy rudy.
how much you trieng to loose

I sent the correction before I read your correction so I am correcting myself right now LOL

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Maybe something you all could try. Eat until you NEED a second drink....then quit eating. And jes drink. Could work!

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Thats great man I started my diet this year in march and went from 385 down to 298 the trck is watch very close at what you eat. and vitamins. and get your metabolism pumping the food out if you get my drift LOL .

I also recomend dandelion vitamins and cayene fruit vitamins and plenty of coffee caffeine burns calories.

I goto the gym every day I am home and on the road I stop at la fittness to work out and see sexy women LOL and get me a good shower and spa and whole nine yards.

ok well best of luck and if you need vitamins just order them from bodybuilding.com they are cheap and ship very fast with fedex home.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
one of the things to look at is the amount of salt everything has in it. salt = holding water. swell you up like a sponge. my wife tina is also with you all in the trenches. she has a menu plan from the 70's that her mom used. pretty easy to maintain on the road. i posted the soup recipe in the rice cooker thread and i will get her to post the rest on here for you all if anyone is interested. she has also started on the green tea like linda and several others have done. her weight loss is slow but steady and not coming back. good luck to you all. this all started when we quit smoking and then the pounds started. i gained 10# in a month and i never gain weight. i have as much trouble putting on weight as most do taking it off. good luck to you all and i will get her to post the weekly menu.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Transport, feeling and being healthy is a great motavator and you seem to be on your way...As Dakota and OVM said portion control is a big factor and one of the easist ways to get a handle on that is top using a full size dinner plate and use a 7 inch salad plate...sounds easy enough and yes it works as long as you don't heap the same big portions on the smaller plate...

When i was doing the personal chef business, weight loss was a speciality business we worked in and the 1st thing we did was buy the client small plates...if you put less food on the plate, don't go back for 2nds, you will eat less, and loss weight....

now you still need to follow your diet plan, but using a small plate while a head game in the being, works....

Good Luck to ALL of you that are dieting, its hard work, but to be healthy, it is worth it!!

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
On one of these Diet threads someone was looking for a George Formen Grill. On "Fingerhut" they have George Fromen grills, Rice cookers, slow cookers so on & so forth.