transporter Diet aug 15

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah..wife has a cousin that is soooo anti chemical...

I did some research on Splenda..

At this time there is NO conclusive proof, contrary to some beliefs....that Splenda has any negative results at this time...

transporter

Expert Expediter
i have read conflicting reports about equal sweetner. studies dun on rats some pretty negetive things however they force fed massive amount to the rats. like about a 5 lb bag a day to a human.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Don't eat,or drink anything man made,it's not healthy.It takes your kidneys 10x longer to process artifical sweetners,it dosn't know what to do with it!Eat like the Indians did!

transporter

Expert Expediter
thats easier said than done. i love my sweet tea, juices have way to many sugars for me to drink much of, and my pepsi addiction. i like water but not all the time

transporter

Expert Expediter
they tested rats with 100mg on upto 1000mg of splenda.
again just like equal that is a massive amount for a rat again like a human eating a 5 lb bag a day.

i think we need to do a study on lets say a canuck. 1 lb a day
of splenda

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Stevia is another option and it's natural. Stevia is a plant and the leaves are like 4 times sweeter than sugar. I do believe Truvia is made from stevia.

transporter

Expert Expediter
i tried another sweetner i forget its name it might be stevia.
it looked like table sugar ok in cereal but not good for tea

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I use it in cereal when I have to have it..I drink my tea unsweetened though...can't stand sweet tea. It's like drinking a syrupy pepsi. But I do drink sugar free cream in my coffee. No accounting for taste buds...

Have you ever tried chai tea? It's a black tea with spices..I think maybe cinammon and cloves and it's very tasty hot or cold.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Stevia is another option and it's natural. Stevia is a plant and the leaves are like 4 times sweeter than sugar. I do believe Truvia is made from stevia.

I was going to ask about stevia, guess you answered my question
there is also agave sweetner
or the good ole standby Saccarin :eek:
Transporter I know the agave nectar is good in tea and coffee it is what my Aunt and Uncle use.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I use it in cereal when I have to have it..I drink my tea unsweetened though...can't stand sweet tea. It's like drinking a syrupy pepsi. But I do drink sugar free cream in my coffee. No accounting for taste buds...

Have you ever tried chai tea? It's a black tea with spices..I think maybe cinammon and cloves and it's very tasty hot or cold.

Jasmine Tea is my favorite and I can drink it without sugar it tastes like the tea they serve in Chinese resturants

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
thats easier said than done. i love my sweet tea, juices have way to many sugars for me to drink much of, and my pepsi addiction. i like water but not all the time

Try lipton green tea,or rasberry white tea.I use 4 packs to one gallon of water.No sugar,no sodium,no calories,but tastes good.I get it at walmarts in the isle with the tea bags.Read the lables,some have sodium,and a little sugar.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Try lipton green tea,or rasberry white tea.I use 4 packs to one gallon of water.No sugar,no sodium,no calories,but tastes good.I get it at walmarts in the isle with the tea bags.Read the lables,some have sodium,and a little sugar.

I've got one for you to try..made by lipton...vanilla caramel truffle tea..0 calories but it's made with caramel in it.. delightful!!!:)