transporter Diet aug 15

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
I've got one for you to try..made by lipton...vanilla caramel truffle tea..0 calories but it's made with caramel in it.. delightful!!!:)

Is it in the tea isle?Don't recall seeing it.It sounds good,but might be too sweet for me.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
When my sweet tooth acts up i like,black cherries,melon ,fuji apples,golden delicious apples.This satifies my sweet craving ,but with natural sugar.Once i stopped using man made sugar,and man made sweetners,other natural sweetners taste even better,honey agave ect...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Is it in the tea isle?Don't recall seeing it.It sounds good,but might be too sweet for me.

Yes...in the tea aisle..it's not overly sweet though. I hoard mine cuz I'm 150 miles away from Wally's and I keep forgetting to have Ken pick it up for me.:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
When my sweet tooth acts up i like,black cherries,melon ,fuji apples,golden delicious apples.This satifies my sweet craving ,but with natural sugar.Once i stopped using man made sugar,and man made sweetners,other natural sweetners taste even better,honey agave ect...

MMMMMMM...baked apples with cinnamon and one of your favorite sweeteners....with a little cream poured on top. :)

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Yes...in the tea aisle..it's not overly sweet though. I hoard mine cuz I'm 150 miles away from Wally's and I keep forgetting to have Ken pick it up for me.:)

Can you order it over the internet and have it shipped to you?

transporter

Expert Expediter
on a hoosiers advice i just bought some umsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk for my cereal. it is not as good as soymilk.
but not bad at all especially if i add splenda. however i ran the numbers between the 2 and almond milk is way better so ill give almond milk a serious try bought triva sweetner ill try it later

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
One hour after drinking a soda or pop

According to the Nutrition Research Center, this is what happens to your body within 1 hour of drinking a can of soda:

-10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system, which is 100 percent of your recommended daily intake. You'd normally vomit from such an intake, but the phosphoric acid cuts the flavor.

-20 minutes: Your blood sugar skyrockets. Your liver attempts to maximize insulin production in order to turn high levels of sugar into fat.

-40 minutes: As your body finishes absorbing the caffeine, your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, and your liver pumps more sugar into the bloodstream. Adenosine receptors in your brain are blocked preventing you from feeling how tired you may actually be.

-45 minutes: Your body increases dopamine production, causing you to feel pleasure and adding to the addictiveness of the beverage. This physical neuro response works the same way as it would if we were consuming heroin.

>60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, which boosts your metabolism a bit further. High doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners compound this effect, increasing the urinary excretion of calcium. The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (You have to GO!) Your body will eliminate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was otherwise heading to your bones. And you will also flush out the sodium, electrolytes and water. Your body has eliminated the water that was in the soda. And in the process it was infused with nutrients and minerals your body would have otherwise used to hydrate your system or build body cells, bones, teeth.

-60 minutes: The sugar crash begins. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You start feeling like crap. Time to grab another?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
almond milk huh...I'd never even heard of it. What's the advantage?

Almond milk or soy milk cannot be called 'true milks'. Almond milk is made from ground soaked almonds and water. Sometimes, a few dates are added to it to sweeten the milk. Soy milk is made from ground soaked soy and water. They are used as substitutes for real milk.

Almond Milk vs Soy Milk : Nutritional Value

Almond Milk: Basically, almonds are highly nutritious. There are certain benefits of soaking almonds in water. One serving of unsweetened almond milk (1 cup or 8 fluid ounces) gives you around 90 calories. It contains around 3 gms of fat, 1 gm of fiber and 1 gm of protein. It is free of cholesterol and saturated fat. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and omega fatty acids. Level of manganese, selenium and vitamin E is quite high in almond milk. Almond milk does have 30% of your daily calcium. Read more on almond milk nutrition facts.

Soy Milk: Soybean is one of the most prominent natural sources of proteins. The whole world is currently reaping the health benefits of soybean. Here is more on soybeans nutrition facts. The nutritional value of soy milk is almost the same as that of cow milk. Read more on soy milk vs cow milk. One serving of soy milk gives you 110 calories. It contains 10 gm of proteins, 4 gm of fat, 14 gm of carbohydrates. Calcium, iron, sodium and riboflavin are also present. There is concentration of omega-3 fatty acids. The fat content is highly unsaturated. Soy milk is free of cholesterol. You get 80 mg of calcium from one serving of soy milk not making it a rich source of calcium. So, it is often fortified with extra calcium. Read more on the calories in soy milk.

Almond Milk vs Soy Milk : Benefits

Almond Milk
1.It helps in the growth as well as repair functions of the body.
2.Manganese in soy milk activates the body enzymes.
3.Magnesium breaks down the consumed food into energy. It helps the parathyroid gland to function well. So, you have healthy bones.
4.Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant and destroys the free radicals which cause damage to the cell membrane.
5.Selenium improves the reproductive and immune system and also helps the thyroid to function well.
6.As there is no cholesterol, the risk of heart diseases is reduced.
7.Potassium helps to maintain normal blood pressure.
8.The flavanoids from the crushed skin of almonds are good for cardiovascular health.
9.Being naturally flavored the need to add artificial flavors is nullified.
10.It can be easily prepared and stored.
11.There is no loss of vitamins and minerals and no boiling is involved in the making of almond milk. While, in case of soy milk, boiling of the mixture is required.
12.It is a good substitute for people who evince lactose intolerance symptoms.
These are the almond milk benefits.

Soy Milk
1.The isoflavones in soy milk resemble the hormone estrogen. They maintain our health. They reduce the chances of cancer and osteoporosis.
2.Cholesterol is absent. So there is less risk of heart diseases.
3.It enriches the body with high quality proteins and carbohydrates. Soy protein is as good as protein from milk, eggs or chicken.
4.It is preferred for a diabetic diet because of the variety of carbohydrates present in it.
5.It helps to reduce the fat which enters into our body when there is consumption of animal fat or oil.
6.It is best for people with milk allergy symptoms.
7.There is no lactose (milk sugar).
8.The isoflavones in soy milk help in lowering of cholesterol and also help women to reduce the side effects of menopause.
9.Soy milk does not contain the protein casein. Many people are allergic to casein.
These are the benefits of soy milk.

Almond Milk vs Soy Milk : Dangers

Almond Milk:
1.It is risky for those with low thyroid functions.
2.It is an inadequate option for an infant's diet to be replaced with breast milk.
3.Deficiency of Iodine results in goiter. Almonds are considered as goitrogens. The chemicals present in them inhibit thyroid function as they interfere with the iodine intake.
Soy Milk:
1.Excessive use of soy leads to breast cancer and also other cancers.
2.Many brands manufacturing soy milk contain more sugar and chemicals than required.
3.Isoflavones from soy milk are held responsible for thyroid disorder, leukemia and breast cancer.
4.Phytic acids in soy milk lead to low absorption of vitamins and minerals.
5.The high level of phytoestrogen decreases the testesterone in males. The production of sperms is affected.
6.Early onset of puberty as well as adolescence in males can be attributed to the phytoestrogen from soy milk.
7.In women, soy milk can produce abnormalities in the reproductive tract which can lead to infertility.
8.Estrogen in soy milk is harmful for babies.
9.Fatigue, fever and wheezing are some of the reactions to soy milk.
10.Consumption of soy milk sometimes leads to sudden skin problems like eczema, acne and swelling.
11.The toxic aluminum in soy milk affects the nervous system and kidneys.
12.Excessive consumption of soy milk generates stomach problems such as abdominal cancer.
13.Sometimes, it develops allergies like coughing, sneezing and congestion. Read more on soy milk dangers.
Difference Between Almond Milk and Soy Milk

Both milks have advantages and disadvantages. When you will try them, you will note the difference in both taste and flavor.
1.Soy milk has more proteins than almond milk.
2.Almond milk has less fats and sugar than any other type of non-dairy milk.
3.More varieties of soy milk are easily available as they are more popular than almond milk.
4.Almond milk can be used as a substitute for milk in sweet dishes. Soy milk may leave distasteful marks when used for such purposes.
5.Soy milk is the best for salad dressing, pasta sauce and mashed potatoes.
6.Soy milk has an acquired taste while almond milk has a natural nice light taste.
While discussing almond milk vs. soy milk, you have to take into consideration personal liking and also whether one is allergic to nuts like almonds or soy. Some people can not tolerate soy. But, once they get used to, they prefer it. However, it is safe to conclude by saying that both are healthy drinks.

Personally I like almond milk better soy seems to have an aftertaste, mabe that's just me:cool:

transporter

Expert Expediter
from label on cartons silk brand sormilk and blue diamond almond milk.
unsweeten soy 80 cal, 4 carbs, 1 sugar, 1 fiber
silklite 70 8 6 1
silklite vanilla 80 10 7 1

almond milk 40 2 0 1
vanilla

milk 1 % 110 13 12 0
milk fat free 90 13 12 0

all one cup servings.

by these numbers unsweeted almond milk vanilla flavor kicks butt. will have to get use to taste but on the positive no man boobs from soymilk

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
from label on cartons silk brand sormilk and blue diamond almond milk.
unsweeten soy 80 cal, 4 carbs, 1 sugar, 1 fiber
silklite 70 8 6 1
silklite vanilla 80 10 7 1

almond milk 40 2 0 1
vanilla

milk 1 % 110 13 12 0
milk fat free 90 13 12 0

all one cup servings.

by these numbers unsweeted almond milk vanilla flavor kicks butt. will have to get use to taste but on the positive no man boobs from soymilk

Do you notice how the lite soy milk has more sugar. This is exactly how all the low fat labels read. Check out low fat cookies compared to real cookies etc etc. Low fat alot of times means higher sugar and if you are pre diabetic that is a bad thing.
1 thing that shocked me was raisin bran was higher in sugar than my beloved frosted flakes:eek:
BTW I like the vanilla almond milk

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I think it is funny, there is a discussion about Soy vs. Almond milk types and people are drinking diet soda (aka Pop) while being on diets.

Look at what crap they are putting into that bottle of soda (aka Pop) and think about which is better Soy or Almond milk.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think it is funny, there is a discussion about Soy vs. Almond milk types and people are drinking diet soda (aka Pop) while being on diets.

Look at what crap they are putting into that bottle of soda (aka Pop) and think about which is better Soy or Almond milk.

works for me...:D ever read the ingredients on the can....all artificial ..cept maybe the water...