To Davekc

MrGautama

Not a Member
I think Mr G is actually the Shelled One. I could see Turtle creating an alternate persona to argue from the opposite side of the aisle, strictly as an amusing little diversion.....;)
Either way, it's amused the stuffing out of me- thanks guys. :)

At least someone else is amused in here besides me...

P.S. Thanks for that little message the other day, very kind of you :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I assure you, Mr G and I are not the same person. If we were, I'd have exploded long ago. He is liberal in the extreme, a speudo-Marxist, somewhat Utopian, thinks all corporate-anything is bad, thinks everyone should share equally in the fruits of someone else's innovations and ideas, and is likely a "protest junky" who thrives on active participation.

I have no idea if Mr G is a longtime member of the forum and is using another screen name. Don't really care, actually. It's what he's posting that interests me.

What I find most interesting is his truly masterful use of the prepositional phrase, used almost in the manner of Mr Subliminal (from SNL) to squirt his agenda through the cracks in the mind of the reader. It's seriously good, seriously skillful writing.

No, he and I are not the same. I don't write that good. :D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Exposure?

It is interesting that people say this;

"I work for a company who I won't mention" which makes me wonder of the credibility behind anything they say. Naming their company is not going to get them in trouble unless there is five trucks in it, it is akin to the people who take the numbers, signs and other ID off their vehicles - what was they trying to prove?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah if you like '60's retoric and slogans. Same Ole same ole. Just another Tommy Ivo, just like bumbling Barry. MMMMMAHHHHMMMAHHHH. No teleprompter. Kinda like Wendy's "Wheres the beef?" HEHEHE Layoutshooter

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
On the contrary, you do write that "good".
Yup, you do. Arguing the exact opposite of your beliefs and making it persuasive is just the sort of challenge you'd be up for, methinks.
I don't give a flying fig who Mr G really is, I just enjoy reading his stuff. It's a refreshing change from what's been slapped up here for quite awhile now.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I think Mr. G is the alter-ego of a long-time forum member ... possibly long before my time. I also think I've met Mr. G .... although I doubt if they know me by my screen name. I also think G is no longer driving expedite but now works in another field.

Getting close on any of those points G ?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yup, you do. Arguing the exact opposite of your beliefs and making it persuasive is just the sort of challenge you'd be up for, methinks.
Arguing my own beliefs while at least trying to be pragmatic about them is challenging enough, thanks.

But, none of that matters, apparently, as I've been informed that my posts consists largely of childish crap, and by inference is often just stupid, juvenile, argumentative CRAP. It was a very humbling communication.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Arguing my own beliefs while at least trying to be pragmatic about them is challenging enough, thanks.

But, none of that matters, apparently, as I've been informed that my posts consists largely of childish crap, and by inference is often just stupid, juvenile, argumentative CRAP. It was a very humbling communication.

Keep posting Turtle, at least your posts make some sense! ;)

Mr.G, I have no idea who you are, but you remind me of my youngest son. He would argue with a stump, and my head hurts from reading all this. I am not articulate like many others on this site. All sides can throw out statistics and "proof" of what they believe, I usually make decisions on common sense or gut instinct. For the most part, if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck it's probably a duck.
In my eyes, this country is on a downhill slide. I hope that the voices who want a return to the Constitution are loud enough.
The current administration = Daffy

Last edited:

MrGautama

Not a Member
Persuasive??? A malleable mind is a terrible thing to waste.

The response to Cognitive Dissonance seems to be hardwired into our brains, some will confront it with reason and attempt to resolve the conflict by analysis, others succumb to some ego defense mechanism as the the denial of opposing evidence or simply avoidance of conflicting argument.

MrGautama

Not a Member
I think Mr. G is the alter-ego of a long-time forum member ... possibly long before my time. I also think I've met Mr. G .... although I doubt if they know me by my screen name. I also think G is no longer driving expedite but now works in another field.

Getting close on any of those points G ?

nope
space
space

MrGautama

Not a Member

Ouch...
space
space

MrGautama

Not a Member
Keep posting Turtle, at least your posts make some sense! ;)

Mr.G, I have no idea who you are, but you remind me of my youngest son. He would argue with a stump, and my head hurts from reading all this. I am not articulate like many others on this site. All sides can throw out statistics and "proof" of what they believe, I usually make decisions on common sense or gut instinct. For the most part, if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck it's probably a duck.
In my eyes, this country is on a downhill slide. I hope that the voices who want a return to the Constitution are loud enough.
The current administration = Daffy

Thank you, I feel flattered by reminding you of your youngest son that for what I hear is pretty smart, and even though he didn't do so well in school he is pursuing a rationalistic view of the world. I don't have kids but experienced for myself the mind numbing feeling that comes with the eternal statement of the obvious during my school years, It's easy to loose interest when not challenged to your capacities and may attest to the invalidity of the “no child left behind” program. But again I know very little about the inner workings of the current school system so that's why I didn't post on the thread about private education.

Now to your post, I think that gut feeling has a place in our lives but we have to know when is unwise to guide our decisions based on instinct. If we used just common sense as our primary method for deciphering the world around us we would still believe that the Earth is flat.
s
s

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Hey Buddha,
I am wondering are you an open source guy?

Do you promote open source products with your Hispanic friends?

I was just reading about the push of Internet explorer in Mexico and Brazil, and thinking isn't this what you are driving at - bad US corporations exploiting the poor third world peoples to use their software in order to claim dominance in the web software world?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Aristotle: please clarify for me the statement "A malleable mind is a terrible thing to waste."
Virtually every mind is malleable (capable of being changed or molded), so the inclusion of the modifier puzzles me - as does the implication that the mind in my possession has been wasted.
Did I misunderstand your meaning?