TK

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
I heard it was started from a dispatcher that left panther took his trucks started own gig off of some of panthers customers

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
I don't know if they are bankrupt or no, but they didn't pay their drivers in the last months....They have huge financial problems....

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Another prime example of why the multi-carrier model doesn't work. A lot of people who work for multiple carriers get ripped off all of the time. A lot of the smaller companies are in bad financial shape these days due to a slow economy and degrading freight rates. I'm not sure If T&K is actually having any financial problems, but a lot of people are right now. When a carrier goes bankrupt usually a lot of drivers are left without a paycheck. When you play Russian Roulette, sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

guido4475

Not a Member
Another prime example of why the multi-carrier model doesn't work. A lot of people who work for multiple carriers get ripped off all of the time. A lot of the smaller companies are in bad financial shape these days due to a slow economy and degrading freight rates. I'm not sure If T&K is actually having any financial problems, but a lot of people are right now. When a carrier goes bankrupt usually a lot of drivers are left without a paycheck. When you play Russian Roulette, sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

BINGO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

Mike99

Veteran Expediter

Example LRT, Whirlwind now this....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Have to agree. That is why I have been against that set up from the get go. Way too many people come on and raise the pom-poms for it only to come back months later with a carrier that didn't pay them.
Another one of those "You have been warned".

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I looked them up on safer web and their broker bond is pending cancellation this month. They have cancelled their broker bond and they appear to only have broker authority. Go take a look on safer web!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Someone probably filed on it for non payment. Drivers currently there might want to review that and be prepared for their plan "B".

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Also, Dave I've been seeing a lot of the smaller carriers secretly cut their primary liability and cargo insurance limits. There is a pretty big multi-carrier model carrier on here that has reduced their insurance limits to 750,00 for liability, and 5,000 for cargo. I doubt that they notified the partner carriers that they are signed up with that they have reduced their coverage limits to save money.

I'm not going to name names or even give out that information in PM. If you are interested in finding out that type of information you are going to have to do some old fashioned detective work. Just be careful when dealing with smaller carriers. One event can cause a carrier to go belly up and it is so easy to just file bankruptcy and walk away with the drivers money.

Have any of you been 1099 by LRT for money that was never paid to you? Please make sure that if a company rips you off that they don't get away with keeping the money tax free. You can at least make them get in trouble with the IRS if they cheat you out of money and then try and wiggle their way out of paying taxes on it. I never had any complaints about paying my drivers on here. I pride myself in that fact!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Are you sure they didn't pass that cost on to their drivers? Some in the truckload side have done that.

TonyD

Active Expediter
They did find us loads at first. But the total lack of communication is what was a red flag. We never received a phone call, or retun email or text. Once they slowed on payment we stopped running for them. We are learning everyday. Moved on and are very happy where we are now. I hope the drivers owed are made whole.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They did find us loads at first. But the total lack of communication is what was a red flag. We never received a phone call, or retun email or text. Once they slowed on payment we stopped running for them. We are learning everyday. Moved on and are very happy where we are now. I hope the drivers owed are made whole.

Did they pay you what was owed?

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
I was hauling for them until February.They paid after 40-50 days so we said enough .The still didn't pay the last 4or 5 loads. We have the bol ,pod, and the settlement from T&K. I dont think they will pay .We will contact the shippers and we will contact a collection agency.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

That was a very smart move.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app