The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There is a bill on the Utah House floor, that passed out of the Legislative Committee by a 9-2 vote, that would rename the National Parks Highway after President Donald Trump. This is in response to Trump undoing the last minute abuse of the Antiquities Act by Obama just before he left office, in what amounted to a massive land grab by the federal government.

The Sierra Club is not happy, saying the President doesn't deserve such an honor for reducing the size of National Monuments (while also trying to imply the sanctity of National Monuments that are centuries old instead of the months old they really are).

But my favorite comment is from Wendy Garvin of the Utah Progressive Caucus. She said, "I don't think people are going to be willing to drive on a road with his name on it."

Reactions: muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They will still drive on it the question is when they are done with their lunch will they throw the garbage on the floor of their car or out the window?

If they have way more litter to pick up they will know if they made the right decision.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Reminds me a little bit ( although different circumstances)of former OSU coach Woody Hayes who on recruiting trips to Michigan would not stop on I75 to get gas until he arrived back in Ohio across the border. Hatred ran pretty deep.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: davekc and Turtle

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Too funny. Yep, what Bobby has is 13 hackers in Russia that will never testify or see the décor of a court room. How convenient. Have to come up with something to justify the millions spent. smh.
I take it you don't actually get the potential legal significance of those 13 indictments then, in terms of the broader picture ?

Indictments only have a value if you can use them for something. These hackers aren't testifying to anything. Yep, still nothing. But. the popcorn smells good. :D

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
this is one funny thread the first part was no way hahaha it will never happen to Russia hahahahaha

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Not terribly bright ... which I guess accounts for the career choice of "Murderer For Hire":

IMG_1675.JPG

"BIASSSSSS !!! ... NO FAIR !!! ... PERJURY TRAP !!!"

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Whenever you see "Explained" or "Analysis" in a headline, you can rest assured that it's code for "partisan bullsh*t to follow."

Well, some might say that ANY analysis or opinion on events of the day or political happenings is "partisan bullsh*t" ... whether it includes a "Explained" or "Analysis" disclaimer or not.

After all: if it walks like a duck ... amirite ?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Whenever you see "Explained" or "Analysis" in a headline, you can rest assured that it's code for "partisan bullsh*t to follow."

Well, some might say that ANY analysis or opinion on events of the day or political happenings is "partisan bullsh*t" ... whether it includes a "Explained" or "Analysis" disclaimer or not.

After all: if it walks like a duck ... amirite ?

Sure, some may say that. But of course just because something is an opinion piece doesn't in and of itself mean it's partisan BS. It's likely partisan, but it's not necessarily BS. A lot of opinion pieces are interesting and/or informative without trying to BS or propagandists you.

But those two words in particular in a headline offers special signaling.

Reactions: davekc

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Reactions: RLENT