The Trump Card...

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok, I have been busy the last couple of days but I figured a good way to explain what I am talking about when it comes to slow and steady, here is an example of what I am talking about:

Ok, so in Elyria Ohio where I spent most of my life before I moved south, there is state rt 57 which passes through the city and into Lorain. There are traffic lights that are on this strip of road, they are timed for 47 MPH, the speed limit is 50. If you get stopped by the first light when you enter the city, when it turns green if you accelerate normally up to 47 or so, you probably wont have to stop again until you make it through all the lights. That's how a normal person drives, the impatient person will accelerate up to 60 or 65 and then as they see the red light come up, they would not slow down, they would say come on turn green, and at the last minute hit the brakes, by the time they stop, the light turns green and they start the process over again.

Our economy is run by impatient corporate morons, who only care about getting their bonuses for the current quarter, instead of slow and steady sustainable growth, they choose to accelerate as fast as they can and slam on the brakes at the last moment.

Now that I explained it, any questions?

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok, I have been busy the last couple of days but I figured a good way to explain what I am talking about when it comes to slow and steady, here is an example of what I am talking about:

Ok, so in Elyria Ohio where I spent most of my life before I moved south, there is state rt 57 which passes through the city and into Lorain. There are traffic lights that are on this strip of road, they are timed for 47 MPH, the speed limit is 50. If you get stopped by the first light when you enter the city, when it turns green if you accelerate normally up to 47 or so, you probably wont have to stop again until you make it through all the lights. That's how a normal person drives, the impatient person will accelerate up to 60 or 65 and then as they see the red light come up, they would not slow down, they would say come on turn green, and at the last minute hit the brakes, by the time they stop, the light turns green and they start the process over again.

Our economy is run by impatient corporate morons, who only care about getting their bonuses for the current quarter, instead of slow and steady sustainable growth, they choose to accelerate as fast as they can and slam on the brakes at the last moment.

Now that I explained it, any questions?

Yes, what if America was to optimize all vehicles to run at the perfect speed, then the rest of the world didn’t. Better yet, what if we Paid the rest of the world to Not run at an optimized speed, but America would, and penalize the crap out of American Companies that didn’t optimize. Imagine those companies leaving America so they could no longer follow those rules. What if we never won because we played by rules that no one else was following, and PAYING to follow those rules on top of that.

Then, imagine a person running for President saying not only will we not pay to follow rules that cause us to lose constantly, we’re going to run our wheels off. We’re going to win. We’re going to run other countries into the dirt, and we will continue to do this until EVERYONE follows the agreed upon rules, and EVERYONE pays their fair share.

America elected him President.

Because, in your analogy, those that speed then brake are wasting fuel and brakes, and not really getting through any faster.

But in the words of Reese Bobby, the fast are the first to get paid, and the fast are the first to get laid.

Those “stop signs” only exist for America, not the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
There were parts about Bill Clinton and Barack Obama’s I liked.

Clinton was in touch with the common person, and their problems. His I feel your pain to all working classes that we’re losing out was a person identifying the problem.

And, on the personal side, who didn’t like Barack Obama? At least in 2008 he inspired America to believe America could be Great Again, only then the chant was Yes We Can!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
There were parts about Bill Clinton and Barack Obama’s I liked.

Clinton was in touch with the common person, and their problems. His I feel your pain to all working classes that we’re losing out was a person identifying the problem.

And, on the personal side, who didn’t like Barack Obama? At least in 2008 he inspired America to believe America could be Great Again, only then the chant was Yes We Can!

I remember thinking, when he's done, I HOPE you have some CHANGE left.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump holds WH cabinet meeting. Talked to the Press about various things. Had me laughing a bit. Goes off on Mattis and Romney a little. Classic Trump.

Reactions: Solar and Turtle

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Prominent conservative columnist Ann Coulter’s recent blog post is instructive. She makes the case that Trump was never serious about building the wall. Gutless President in Wall-Less Country

Excerpts:

“If you were elected president after decades of politicians doing nothing about the millions of illegals pouring into our country every year, committing crimes, dealing drugs, driving drunk, molesting children and killing Americans like Kate Steinle, and your central campaign promise -- repeated every day -- was to build a wall, wouldn't you have spent the entirety of your transition period working on getting it done?

“Wouldn't you have been building prototypes, developing relationships with key congressional allies and talking to military leaders about using the Seabees or the Army Corps of Engineers to build the wall?

“Wouldn't you skip the inauguration and take the oath of office in San Diego so you could get started on supervising wall construction immediately after putting your hand on the Bible and being sworn in as the leader of the free world?

“You would if you meant it.

“Well, Donald Trump didn't do that.”

“It is now crystal clear that one of two things is true: Either Trump never intended to build the wall and was scamming voters all along, or he has no idea how to get it done and zero interest in finding out.”

In a Dec 19 interview, Coulter said:

"My prediction is his support will evaporate and Trump will very likely not finish his term and definitely not be elected to a second term,”

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Prominent conservative columnist Ann Coulter is an extremist who should be given precisely the same credence as any other extremist. She is still mad a Trump because he didn't ban all Muslims from entering the country, and didn't kick out the ones already here. If it were up to Ann Coulter, the Wall would be 100 feet tall and 30 feet thick. She's got a hardon for that wall. Back in March when Trump signed a $1.3 trillion spending bill that didn't include any funding for the wall, she lost her mind. Been fantasizing on Twitter ever since about Trump's impeachment, because of the high crime of not getting the wall built.

As someone who I can't remember wrote in some article that I can't remember where I read it, anymore Ann Coulter is just white noise. Her days of being a meaningful mainstream pop culture phenomenon are over. And she's not taking it well.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Saw this on TV, someone really put the makeup on Nancy,,,yep she be aging on us..
atives
Description
Nancy Patricia D'Alesandro Pelosi is an American politician serving as the Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives since 2011, representing most of San Francisco, California.Wikipedia

Born: March 26, 1940 (age 78 years), Baltimore, MD

Height: 5′ 5″
Spouse: Paul Pelosi (m. 1963)
Children: Alexandra Pelosi, Christine Pelosi, Paul Pelosi, Jr., Nancy Corinne Pelosi, Jacqueline Pelosi
Education: Trinity Washington University (1962),Institute of Notre Dame
Previous offices: Representative, CA 8th District(1993–2013), Representative, CA 5th District (1987–1993)

And now for Old Chucky boy

You know, it appears old Schumer never practice law,hmmm
Chuck Schumer
United States Senator
Description
Charles Ellis Schumer is an American politician serving as the senior United States Senator from New York, a seat to which he was first elected in 1998. A member of the Democratic Party, he has also been the Senate Minority Leader since 2017. Wikipedia

Born: November 23, 1950 (age 68 years), New York City, NY

Spouse: Iris Weinshall (m. 1980) and no kids.........................
Office: United States Senate minority leader since 2017
Party: Democratic Party
Previous offices: Representative, NY 9th District(1993–1999), MORE
Education: Harvard Law School (1974), Harvard College (1967–1971), James Madison High School(1967)