The Tea Party Strikes Again.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ya think?
Yes I do.

I think the responses directed at the poster, rather than the post, are unwarranted and off-topic. And there are far too many of them in this thread. There are some people who really, REALLY, REALLY need to pretend they don't know who posted something, and then craft their replies accordingly. Even if the comments above were one hundred percent stone-cold true, they are still an off-topic, personal attack.

Personal attacks, either directly on indirectly, specifically or in broad, associative hypotheticals, are out. Heed the warning. There won't be another.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I look for that to have about as much success as that boycott of northern-based carriers ...

Yeah what's up with that? Somehow I think one civil war was enough.

But Nixon wasn't above using south vs north tactics in 1968 when he championed The Southern Strategy to win the White House. And Reagan certainly wasn't above using it in 1980. And Republicans have used it ever since. Dog whistle politics pure and simple.

Somehow I think part of the idea behind the dog whistle is that one isn't supposed to come right out and say it. :)

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
... and (2) I've never made a post on this or any other forum about Chris McDaniel.
Geezus ... are you kidding me ?

Short memory much ?

... In Graham's case, he was lucky to have so many challengers to split the vote instead of having to deal with just one quality conservative opponent, like Thad Cochran is faced with in his race in MS. We'll see how that turns out in a couple of weeks.
It was even in this very thread FFS ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Hopefully NOT a TEA Party candidate (... or not ... ;)):

CRANK IT UP
1:55 PM JUNE 27, 2014

MICHIGAN REPUBLICAN CONFESSES 'PUBLIC MASTURBATION FETISH,' HOPES TO BEAT OFF COMPETITION

by DOKTOR ZOOM

masturbian-candidate.jpg

Jordan D. Haskins wants to be elected to the Michigan House of Representatives, but while he is now a born-again Christian, he readily admits that he'll have stiff competition and a hard time rubbing out his past sins. The 24-year-old candidate from Saginaw was convicted of felonies in four cases related to incidents in 2010 and 2011 where he broke into vehicles, started them, and then masturbated, "to facilitate an uncommon sexual fetish Haskins called 'cranking' in interviews with police." But now he’s turned his life around and changed his shorts, and wants to serve the good people of his district:

"I have dreams, and I want to make a difference," he said.

And those dreams? They're mostly wet.

Haskins is running for a seat that the Saginaw News unironically describes as "wide open," which is fine as long as he puts down a towel first.

Haskins' crimes weren’t limited to public wanking, but also included breaking and entering and joyriding in cars:

"I was just a lonely, angry kid at the time [three years ago]," he said. "If anything, I could be put on 'World’s Dumbest Criminals.'"

Haskins said he was drawn to criminal behavior for the "the thrill."
"I was bored," he said. "It was the rush."

Happily, Jesus extended his hand and Haskins fell to his knees, and everything has been better ever since. We think he’ll make a dandy candidate, just as long as he remembers to wash up before shaking hands with voters.

We like his theme song, too.

[Mlive via Gawker]

Follow Doktor Zoom on Twitter. He’s pretty sure he left you guys some jokes.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Yeah what's up with that? Somehow I think one civil war was enough.

But Nixon wasn't above using south vs north tactics in 1968 when he championed The Southern Strategy to win the White House. And Reagan certainly wasn't above using it in 1980. And Republicans have used it ever since. Dog whistle politics pure and simple.

Somehow I think part of the idea behind the dog whistle is that one isn't supposed to come right out and say it. :)
Looks like the Dems also know how to 'produce' racially charged ,dog whistle type, radio commercials and ads. They were in cahoots with the republicans on this one. Shame, shame.
Radio ads in Mississippi senate race accused tea party candidate of KKK links | Mail Online

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Considering all the shenanigans and illegal votes in this primary, he should definitely challenge the results.
Chris McDaniel Rushes to Review Ballots from Tuesday's Election
McDaniel's history of claims of "illegal votes" have been shown to be questionable at best - I'd take them with a grain of salt. From the NYT article I linked earlier:

Pete Perry, the Hinds County Republican Party chairman, said the McDaniel campaign’s claims were “wildly exaggerated.” In the Jackson precinct at Fondren Presbyterian Church, he said, the McDaniel campaign charged that 192 illegal votes had been cast by people who voted in the Democratic primary. But, he said, only 37 Democrats voted there on June 3.

“Instead of making wild accusations which stir up social media with cries of fraud and corruption, it would be much better for all involved — the voters, the candidates, the 500 poll workers in Hinds County — if we let facts enter into the conversation,” Mr. Perry said.
As for the shenanigans, I would say they should be investigated and probably well-publicized at a very minimum - if not criminally charged, where warranted.

We can start with those McDaniels folks who were in the courthouse after hours when they shouldn't have been.

Probably a fairly safe bet who'll come out the loser if that occurs ...

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Let's keep in mind that Jon Stewart and his writers use a healthy dose of half-truths and outright lies to construct the content of his comedy skits that some people misinterpret as news or political commentary. It's just sad that so many younger voters consider the Daily Show to be their primary source of news, especially considering their proficiency with the internet and the sources available there.

In Graham's case, he was lucky to have so many challengers to split the vote instead of having to deal with just one quality conservative opponent, like Thad Cochran is faced with in his race in MS. We'll see how that turns out in a couple of weeks.
I stand corrected...sort of. It's rather obvious the subject of this post was primarily about Lindsey Graham's race, but I did make an oblique comment referring to Thad Cochran's opponent as being a "quality conservative", without referring to him by name. That hardly qualifies as being "slobbery" or any other kind of excessive promotion for Chris McDaniel, but now that the MS election has played out it's safe to say that probably more than half of the Republican voters in MS agree that he IS a quality conservative candidate. Cochran was only able to win with 50.9% of the primary vote, even with the questionable crossover Democrats that put him ahead.
It’s one thing to oppose your base in a primary. It’s entirely another to despicably play the race card against your base, and bolster the legitimacy of the propaganda of our race-baiting opponents on the Left. But that’s exactly what the Kamikaze pilots running the GOP did. As a result, Chris McDaniel won Republican voters handily on Tuesday, but still lost the run-off statewide thanks to a 43 percent increase among voters in counties President Obama received at least two-thirds of the vote in 2012.

http://townhall.com/columnists/stevedeace/2014/06/28/how-to-fight-back-against-the-gop-establishments-worst-treachery-yet-n1856222/page/full
There may be another reason for the vindictiveness displayed by the Barbour mafia: he played a major role in defeating Barbour's land-grab legislation that would have allowed his big business cronies to confiscate private property of individuals.
As a first-term senator in 2010, Chris led the fight to protect private property rights when he took on then-Gov. Haley Barbour, a fellow Republican, and urged his fellow state senators to override Gov. Barbour’s veto of eminent domain legislation that would prevent government from taking private land for use by private companies.[SUP][26][/SUP] The override effort failed by two votes, but began a grassroots ballot initiative to amend the Mississippi Constitution. The ballot initiative passed the following year.[SUP][27]

[/SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_McDaniel
This sort of legislative effort by McDaniel would of course alienate the GOP establishment types, but on the other hand benefit the poor, middle class and minorities in Miss by protecting their property rights. Combine this with his voting record - as documented below by Project Vote Smart - and it appears that he is indeed a "quality conservative candidate".

Chris McDaniel's Political Summary - Project Vote Smart

I guess it helps to do a little research before getting slobbery over somebody.:rolleyes:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I stand corrected...sort of. It's rather obvious the subject of this post was primarily about Lindsey Graham's race, but I did make an oblique comment referring to Thad Cochran's opponent as being a "quality conservative", without referring to him by name. That hardly qualifies as being "slobbery" or any other kind of excessive promotion for Chris McDaniel, but now that the MS election has played out it's safe to say that probably more than half of the Republican voters in MS agree that he IS a quality conservative candidate. Cochran was only able to win with 50.9% of the primary vote, even with the questionable crossover Democrats that put him ahead.

There may be another reason for the vindictiveness displayed by the Barbour mafia: he played a major role in defeating Barbour's land-grab legislation that would have allowed his big business cronies to confiscate private property of individuals.

This sort of legislative effort by McDaniel would of course alienate the GOP establishment types, but on the other hand benefit the poor, middle class and minorities in Miss by protecting their property rights. Combine this with his voting record - as documented below by Project Vote Smart - and it appears that he is indeed a "quality conservative candidate".

Chris McDaniel's Political Summary - Project Vote Smart

I guess it helps to do a little research before getting slobbery over somebody.:rolleyes:
Right, the context of your response was commenting on the Graham primary and his six other opponents and comparing it to the Mississippi primary where there will be only ONE opposition candidate. It turned out it DID matter that there were fewer candidates, as evident by the razor thin margin.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
THIRTY SEVEN illegal votes is still quite a bit for only ONE precinct. Considering the suspicion that Democrats were illegally voting in the primary who had already voted three weeks ago, and then confirmed. One wonders how widespread it was across the state. Certainly something to take a look at so as to assured the integrity of an election.
Given all that went down in Mississippi, McDaniel should explore ALL avenues such as a lawsuit, recount, etc, and running as a third party. Remember, Lisa Murkowski was able to run as a write in candidate in Alaska. She ended up winning after losing her primary.This would be a great opportunity to not allow these kind of scurrilous deeds to be rewarded.
From Brietbart article I posted:
Claude McInnis--the election coordinator for the Hinds County Democratic Party Executive Committee--estimated that after their review, McDaniel's team will find about 3,000 total Democrats who voted in the June 3 Democratic primary and again in the GOP runoff on June 24 in his county.

"I'm going to guess 3,000," McInnis said in a phone interview with Breitbart News. "It may be more, but I only have access to the Democratic votes, so that's what I'm guessing the difference may be."

Statewide, state Democratic Chairman Rickey Cole told Breitbart News, "It is very conceivable--it is highly conceivable" that McDaniel and his team "will find a number of irregularities that will reach 6,700 or greater.”

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
THIRTY SEVEN illegal votes is still quite a bit for only ONE precinct.
You might wanna read that NYT article again ...

The article mentioned that 37 Democrats voted in the June 3rd primary in that precinct ... but said nothing about whether any of those people voted in the later runoff between Cochran and McDaniels ...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Ok,I read it that 37 democrats were discovered to have voted June 3rd.who also voted in last weeks primary, instead of the 192.
From article:
Pete Perry, the Hinds County Republican Party chairman, said the McDaniel campaign’s claims were “wildly exaggerated.” In the Jackson precinct at Fondren Presbyterian Church, he said, the McDaniel campaign charged that 192 illegal votes had been cast by people who voted in the Democratic primary. But, he said, only 37 Democrats voted there on June 3.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I stand corrected...sort of.

Sort of? Looks like 'definitively' to me.

It's rather obvious the subject of this post was primarily about Lindsey Graham's race, but I did make an oblique comment referring to Thad Cochran's opponent as being a "quality conservative", without referring to him by name.
The subject of the post is irrelevant, and the comment was the exact opposite of oblique: direct.
Perhaps a little research in the dictionary would help, too. :rolleyes:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Ok,I read it that 37 democrats were discovered to have voted June 3rd.who also voted in last weeks primary, instead of the 192.
Then you "read" something that was actually, in fact, not written in the article.

Did re-reading the article clear up your prior misunderstanding ?

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Then you "read" something that was actually, in fact, not written in the article.

Did re-reading the article clear up your prior misunderstanding ?
I read into it because the 37 number was in the next sentence after the reference to the 192. Yes, so they are saying only 37 democrats voted in the June 3 primary only. Wonder how many of the 37 voted again? Is it zero? And how many Dems total ,who didn't vote June 3rd, voted last week.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I read into it because the 37 number was in the next sentence after the reference to the 192.
Got it.

Yes, so they are saying only 37 democrats voted in the June 3 primary only. Wonder how many of the 37 voted again? Is it zero? And how many Dems total ,who didn't vote June 3rd, voted last week.
No idea ... but those are entirely reasonable questions ...

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I stand corrected...sort of.

Sort of? Looks like 'definitively' to me.

It's rather obvious the subject of this post was primarily about Lindsey Graham's race, but I did make an oblique comment referring to Thad Cochran's opponent as being a "quality conservative", without referring to him by name.
The subject of the post is irrelevant, and the comment was the exact opposite of oblique: direct.
Those two statements are simply wrong - but what difference does that make when trying to put together a little oblique cheap shot?
Perhaps a little research in the dictionary would help, too. :rolleyes:
It sure would, and I'd suggest starting with muttly's link to nit-picking; then look up the proper usage of the word "definitively". Hint: it's an adverb.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Last edited: