The Tea Party Strikes Again.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think people are fed up with both sides. Tea Party is stronger than what some people think.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's GREAT to see incumbents getting their butts kicked out. They ALL need to go, party does not matter, VOTE ALL THE BUMS OUT!

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This bodes well for conservatives.
LOL ... the TEA baggers just took out the House Majority Leader ... and you think it "bodes well for conservatives" ...

Eric Cantor Defeated by the Tea Party He Helped Create

Ummm ... where do you think Brat will fall in the pecking order as a freshman ... assuming he's victorious in the General ? (which is likely)

Hopefully Boehner will also get the bum's rush.
Yes, hopefully he will ...

And then we can have Louie Gohmert for Speaker of the House !

Rep. Louie Gohmert Says Kids Don't Need No Stinkin' Sex Ed Because What Are We, The USSR?

Louie Gohmert: Why Won't Obama Stop Sex-Trafficking The Mexican Children?

.... Legislative ****muffin Of The Year ... yeah ... I kinda like that ...

Last edited:

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I thought "bodes well for conservatives" was a bit of a reach myself.

The once GOP is now just the OP.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
It appears that the USS Tea Party just fired a 16" round into the golden room of Eric Cantor and struck his Comfy Room where the old silver-haired bunch makes up rules for the rest of us to follow. Old tea party jokes now, anyone, anyone?

Small streams will eventually make a large river, simple science....

Maybe the old silver-haired bunch of all the states need to beware now. Hey, maybe you guys can get the DOT reorganized in your favor,,its a thought.

Eric Cantor

Eric Ivan Cantor is the U.S. Representative for Virginia's 7th congressional district, serving since 2001. A member of the Republican Party, he became House Majority Leader when the 112th Congress convened on January 3, 2011. Wikipedia
Born: June 6, 1963 (age 51), Richmond, VA
Height: 6' 2" (1.88 m)
Nationality: American
Spouse: Diana F. Cantor (m. 1989)
Office: Representative (R-VA 7th District) since 2011
Education: Columbia University (1989), More
--------------------------------------------------------------

Diana Cantor ,,poor thing,,she has got it rough too...big bucks.
Diana Cantor - Forbes

muttly

Veteran Expediter

The once GOP is now just the OP.
The objective is to rid the party, as much as possible, of establishment type ,big government,French Republicans. Anytime conservatives can eliminate one at the ballot box, it bodes well for them.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Both parties are INFESTED with walking sacks of cow manure and BOTH need cleaned out, BIG TIME!. Get rid of the criminals that are ruling this country and put the People back in control.

Now I get it, died in the wool, Republicans and Democrats, won't like that idea, why? Because both the Republicans AND Democrats WANT to control us! They don't LIKE the idea of the People telling them what to do, they want to RULE us. So much for government OF the PEOPLE, FOR the People and BY the People. Still have to ask why our police forces are being turned into an internal army?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
LOL ... maybe just a bit ...

Particularly when ya consider that it was only a primary and not the General ...

Todd Akin, Sharon Angle, Richard Mourdock, and Christine O'Donnell all once "boded well for conservatives" ... until the rank and file and the general public got a good whiff of their crazy ...

If ya wanna a good example of how ineffectual the tea baggers are as a movement, have look at what didn't happen with Ms. Lindsey ... and what did ...

Five "conservative" opponents and Senator Leg Humper still coasts to an easy victory with 60% of the vote ... lol ...

Lindsey Graham Takes This 'Benghazi' Thing Just A Bit Too Far For Voice Of Reason Michelle Malkin

Lindsey Graham: Macho Man of the Senate

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Todd Akin, Sharon Angle, Richard Mourdock, and Christine O'Donnell all once "boded well for conservatives" ... until the rank and file and the general public got a good whiff of their crazy ...
Why did Brat, who in addition to his Economics Doctorate holds a Masters in Divinity, win this primary with no campaign budget and no hope of winning in the first place?

Why, of course, it's a "miracle from God that just happened."

“God acted through people on my behalf. It’s an unbelievable miracle.”

So, if this guy actually gets elected, he will have a mandate from God.

Incidentally, an "unbelievable miracle" is an oxymoron.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Particularly when ya consider that it was only a primary and not the General ...

If ya wanna a good example of how ineffectual the tea baggers are as a movement, have look at what didn't happen with Ms. Lindsey ... and what did ...

Five "conservative" opponents and Senator Leg Humper still coasts to an easy victory with 60% of the vote ... lol ...

Lindsey Graham Takes This 'Benghazi' Thing Just A Bit Too Far For Voice Of Reason Michelle Malkin

You were supposed to wait a day before "raining on the parade". :cool:

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
The objective is to rid the party, as much as possible, of establishment type ,big government,French Republicans. Anytime conservatives can eliminate one at the ballot box, it bodes well for them.

I see what you mean but I think you're forgetting how general elections tend to play out. Conservatives tack hard right during the primaries to try and be even more wingnutty than their opponents and then in the general election they're forced to tack hard left in an effort to appeal to the middle. That's where the tea party hurts conservatives. They can win primaries, but I think you'll find general elections getting more and more out of reach.

muttly

Veteran Expediter

Can't win them all.
They should be getting closer to 90 percent BTW. They have been around forever.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I see what you mean but I think you're forgetting how general elections tend to play out. Conservatives tack hard right during the primaries to try and be even more wingnutty than their opponents and then in the general election they're forced to tack hard left in an effort to appeal to the middle. That's where the tea party hurts conservatives. They can win primaries, but I think you'll find general elections getting more and more out of reach.

Tell that to Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Marco Rubio, and other Tea Party backed candidates who won in the general election.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It appears that the USS Tea Party just fired a 16" round into the golden room of Eric Cantor and struck his Comfy Room where the old silver-haired bunch makes up rules for the rest of us to follow. Old tea party jokes now, anyone, anyone?

Small streams will eventually make a large river, simple science....

Maybe the old silver-haired bunch of all the states need to beware now. Hey, maybe you guys can get the DOT reorganized in your favor,,its a thought.

Eric Cantor

Eric Ivan Cantor is the U.S. Representative for Virginia's 7th congressional district, serving since 2001. A member of the Republican Party, he became House Majority Leader when the 112th Congress convened on January 3, 2011. Wikipedia
Born: June 6, 1963 (age 51), Richmond, VA
Height: 6' 2" (1.88 m)
Nationality: American
Spouse: Diana F. Cantor (m. 1989)
Office: Representative (R-VA 7th District) since 2011
Education: Columbia University (1989), More
--------------------------------------------------------------

Diana Cantor ,,poor thing,,she has got it rough too...big bucks.
Diana Cantor - Forbes
Some more facts about Cantor and his campaign: he spent more on steakhouses than Brat did on his entire campaign. He represents the kind of elitist, moderate establishment losers like McCain and Romney that mainstream American conservatives are fed up with.

Cantor Spent $168,637 on Steak Houses, Brat Spent $122,793 on Entire Campaign - Katie Pavlich

Unfortunately the GOP can't get rid of all these guys at once, but they can be picked off incrementally. Hopefully Cochran (MS) and Alexander (TN) can be replaced in the Senate with people that truly represent their constituents.

Lamar Alexander, Thad Cochran Brace for Falls After Cantor Crumbles?

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You were supposed to wait a day before "raining on the parade". :cool:

All this poster seems to do is rain & gloom IMHO. It seems impossibe for some to be positive. Went to a tea party rally a few years back with Ray Stevens, it was a blast! I voted against Reagan twice fot Governor and for him twice for President. Run Ben Carson !!! :)

Sent from my SCH-i705 using EO Forums mobile app

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Miracle from god or no miracle. A win is a win for the tea party and conservatives. Hallelujah and amen. Haha.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
All this poster seems to do is rain & gloom IMHO. It seems impossibe for some to be positive. Went to a tea party rally a few years back with Ray Stevens, it was a blast! I voted against Reagan twice fot Governor and for him twice for President. Run Ben Carson !!! :)

Sent from my SCH-i705 using EO Forums mobile app

Ben Carson could be a interesting candidate but I'm not sure he could handle the media scrutiny and he has basically zero in his war chest. Up to this point, he says he isn't interested.