Thank You

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
I attended my last Expedite Expo as an expediter or expedite carrier representative this past weekend. My first Expo in 2001 and my last of all 17 Expos will forever be the most memorable for me. I’ll never forget the night my wife Rene’ and I, Lawrence and Debbie were setting up the vendor booth dividers under the tent in the wind and rain at the Detroiter truck stop. We didn’t finish until after midnight and were back at it shortly after sunrise.

The most special experiences I’ve had, as I approach retirement at the end of the month, have been the recognition of my 28 year affiliation with Roberts Express/FedEx Custom Critical and my 25 year friendship with the McCord and On Time Media families. I was surprised and humbled by the presence of an article in the Expo Show Directory that discussed my career. I was even more surprised, and somewhat embarrassed, when Lawrence interrupted a prize winner’s ceremony to present me with a beautiful glass commemorative sculpture for my contributions to the expedite community.

Thank you Lawrence, Debbie, Josh, Tori and the rest of the EO team. And, thank you to each and every expediter who took the time to wish me well in retirement. I’m so proud to be a part of this unique segment of the trucking industry.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Terry, congratulations!

I still remember that day in 2006 I walked out of a Pilot in South Bend and I saw a Custom Critical Ford with an interesting license plate: HOTFR8. I walked up to your van and we chatted for a while until I had to leave to pick up a load. After that I haven't ran into you again until I was up for those pesky visuals. Still enjoyed talking to you even then and also enjoyed those Petro lunches on FedEx's dime.

Enjoy your retirement.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Terry,

Where has time gone?

It just seems like a few years ago that we were putting up the big circus size tent up at the Detroiter in Woodhaven. I'm glad you'll finally get to do some traveling with Rene and enjoy this next phase of life.

The honor was all mine when on behalf of our industry and the many, many hundreds of Expediters you have met over the years to present you with the Industry Recognition Award.

Congratulations for a job well done, Captain!

Reactions: TeamCaffee and Greg

ShellyB007

Insurance Guru
Motor Carrier Executive
Terry, a sincere thank you for everything I've learned from you throughout the years. Linda Caffee's nearby blog says it all on how much you are respected and will be missed. Make retirement your next adventure! xoxo

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Terry Thank You for everything from the first time we attended the Expo to all of the knowledge you have imparted to us. I wanted to write a book about all of the funny things you have told me over the years or the things you have done. The funny stories could be a book in itself from showing Anne Ferro how your coffee cup did not leak as you poured coffee all over the table to getting so involved in a conversation you realized you had missed your turn many MANY miles back. Then we could go into the Coast Guard stories that make me laugh out loud as I write this. Like I said in my blog you still have a lot of work to do with me so you are not done by a long shot...

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Terry

I want to say thank you for all that you have done for expediting during your time as a Owner/Operator at Roberts Express/FedEx Custom Critcal and as an employee for FedEx Custom Critcal. You set an example for many expedite drivers and set a standard that has rubbed off on many.

You strived for excellence in this business and gave leadership to many new expedite drivers. Once again thank you for your service in the world of expediting.

Last edited: