TA Menu and food choices

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh, yeah, been to Gilroy. You can get garlic real cheap there. Just follow the trucks and pick up what falls off.

The Oklahoma State Fair is going on at the moment, tomorrow is the last day. They have a long list of events, attractions and entertainment, but one intrigues me. It's the "Ostrich Cooking Demonstration". I wonder if the ostrich uses garlic in its dishes. I may have to run over there and check that one out.

I'd ask the name of the Detroit bakery, but Detroit is in SE Michigan, and I'm not allowed there any more. :D

I will get the name of it for you. It's ok, you are safe in that part of Michigan, they only bake there, not make turtle soup!!:p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here ya go Turtle:

West Fenkell Bakery

15282 Middlebelt Rd
Livonia, MI 4815
734-427-9860

My Dad said he bought 3 loaves today and has one half gone already!! :D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Here ya go Turtle:

West Fenkell Bakery

15282 Middlebelt Rd
Livonia, MI 4815
734-427-9860

Yep its that paranoid feeling again .... I am starting to feel stalked.

First Bates than WFB, what's next?

I was there today, I also picked up dinner at the Chinese place right around the corner later on. WFB got sprinters, so Turtle can talk Sprinter with the owners.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep its that paranoid feeling again .... I am starting to feel stalked.

First Bates than WFB, what's next?

I was there today, I also picked up dinner at the Chinese place right around the corner later on. WFB got sprinters, so Turtle can talk Sprinter with the owners.

Even if you're not paranoid, it doesn't mean they are not out to get you! :D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
NO I go to Kowalski on Joe. Compo or if I get a chance, at the factory on Holbrook.

BUT I was at Petsmart this morning and there was a panther van following me into the parking lot and another one sitting in the meiers lot when I was leaving - 110XX Ford.

bugsysiegel

Expert Expediter
I'd like a veggie plate, like Cracker Barrel & Black Eyed Pea, with choice of 3 veggies. And salads with grilled meat would be lovely, too. :)

Salads w/grilled meat sound pretty good to me, too!

Maybe sandwiches that are white meat on rye or wheat bread? I love chicken and tuna salad.

Some low salt, low fat soups would be nice now that it's getting cold. Maybe even some turkey chili.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i know a nutritionist who is looking for work. maybe hire a corporate nutritionist to make food choices and meal combinations.

less iceberg lettuce and more spinach or argula or spring greens, beets, garbonzo beans, green peppers on the salad table. flying j does the salad bar ingredients right.

sweet potatoes on the menu and not so cooked down and sugary.

less dressing in the potato salad and cole slaw.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You guys must be kidding? what you are asking for a salad plate would cost 9.99....FRESH is expensive....Green peppers were well over a buck 50 a piece even in Walmart this summer..

What you want is going to cost you...Fresh and cooked on order is expensive...are you willing to pay?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You guys must be kidding? what you are asking for a salad plate would cost 9.99....FRESH is expensive....Green peppers were well over a buck 50 a piece even in Walmart this summer..

What you want is going to cost you...Fresh and cooked on order is expensive...are you willing to pay?

Let's see, pay for food that I would never feed a dead dog or pay for food that tastes good and has some nutritional value? Cut portion size, don't force me to pay for an "all you can eat menu" when the first plate is far too big. Even a swill shop like Denny's does a better job than TA does.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Let's see, pay for food that I would never feed a dead dog or pay for food that tastes good and has some nutritional value? Cut portion size, don't force me to pay for an "all you can eat menu" when the first plate is far too big. Even a swill shop like Denny's does a better job than TA does.

I'm just grateful I can eat where I want to and when from the greasy spoon(burgers and fries) to Logan's and such. Im probably not gonna live past a 100, so the bottom line is,,enjoy what u want to if u can before u loose ur mind over to much stuff, we got to much stuff in our life now to think about. Send me 50 cents for a full report on life and how to live it...ty..and good day.:D PS WAFFLE HOUSE ---MADISON GA.:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm just grateful I can eat where I want to and when from the greasy spoon(burgers and fries) to Logan's and such. Im probably not gonna live past a 100, so the bottom line is,,enjoy what u want to if u can before u loose ur mind over to much stuff, we got to much stuff in our life now to think about. Send me 50 cents for a full report on life and how to live it...ty..and good day.:D PS WAFFLE HOUSE ---MADISON GA.:D

I also eat where I can and don't always worry. Truck stop food is particularly bad though. I ENJOY eating, it is one of my favorite sports. I do prefer REAL food over the bulk stuff you find at a lot of the chains. I am willing to pay more for it a lot of the time. No use packin on the pounds if you don't enjoy the food!!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If and when we go inside

That's a key in the truck stop restaurant discussion. We just don't go in much anymore. When I first started trucking in the mid seventies truck stop restaurants were all hopping 24/7. Even just 10 years ago they stayed busy. But, most of us have well equipped bunks and save considerable money eating in our trucks. We have seen a big change in the hours they keep and how busy they are. If they can improve the menu, maybe it will help. But, I don't know, saving money is nice.