So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Good-Bye

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
terry and renee are 2 of the great ones
they are what everyone try's to follow as they go about there's duties as a drive and a team player
good luck

also have eo do a story on you after your new job
is going

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
terry- renee,reading this post just gave me an empty feeling.Renee,enjoy your retirement,im glad terry has a job,would hate to see him collecting from unemployment compensation,lol. Terry hope to see you on one of my visits to the office,going to miss your posts

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I can't think over the years of a person who I have used more for referals than Terry. Especially any questions regarding the van business.
A real credit to EO and the industry.
Your posts on the forum will be missed, but look forward to many great years of continued friendship with you and Rene.
Good luck in the new position.

dpea9

Expert Expediter
Terry is this new position located in Kodiak,Alaska? LOL I know you wanted to be stationed there again. hahaha Enjoy my friend.
Dan

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
Good Luck to you both. We still talk about how hard you made us laugh one year at the Expo. Our jaws hurt from it. It is wonderful that you know what you want to do and are able to do it. Hope it all turns out well for everyone. Take care and GOD bless.

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rene` and Terrry:

Thanks for the honesty, wisdom and for sharing your experiences with us all.

Your insight and knowledge and your willingness to share is above reproach, and I, for one, shall both miss your posts as IOs and look forward to your future posts in whatever capacity they might be.

Thank you, once again, for sharing.

Good luck and God bless.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Godspeed Terry,we will miss your postings. Please do not yield to those who encourage future postings under a alias. Big brother is not stupid.

I hope there might be some announcement through official FECC channels, like the newsletter.

Best of luck for the future.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Goodtude said it well... it's hard to imagine EO without your insight and humor. Kinda like Waffle House without the hashbrowns. I wish you both the best in your endevours. I only hope your new position at the Fed allows you to help as many ppl be successful as you've helped on EO.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I lurked on here for many years before I joined up. Posts by Terry and Rene have been a great help to me. I also appreciate the advise and the helpful attitude in the few times we have met. Terry, the best of luck to you on your third career but you won't need it because you make your own luck. You're one of the good guys even though you were an officer. Once a Coastie always a Coastie......... TJ

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i can't believe that you would completely check out terry. your 19 years of experience of the industry cannot be replaced. you can still offer insight and not comment on a company position.

thank you for everything.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Sorry to hear that ya'll are going....that sucks!:(
I've gotten some good info from you about expediting and you've been a big help. I hope ya'll will keep posting like it was mentioned earlier...even if it's not about FedEX. Whatever you're gettin into...good luck:D

bigjoep89

Expert Expediter
Yahoo for Terry. As we will all miss his posting, Robin and I are very excited knowing that whatever it is that Terry will be doing with FedEx will make a positive improvement. Good luck Terry can't wait to get the details. Yahoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Rene enjoy your gardening. Not sure how you can possibly make any improvements as it is already beautiful.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Thank you, one and all for the kind words. Rene' and I are flattered and truly appreciative of the positive comments from our fellow Forum members. The credit for our involvement and contributions, however,. should not be given entirely to us.

There were no trucking forums or internet sources of information related to expediting until Lawrence came along to start EO and all that EO entails. The networking opportunities here have contributed to our successes and to the success of many other folks that came to this site to learn about expediting and the peculiarities of their chosen carrier. Like us, a great many members used EO as a means to share experiences and help others along their chosen path.

To accomplish this, we endeavored to distinguish personal opinion from fact. We never criticized the policies or procedures of carriers other than the one to which we were leased, and, even then, never did so unless we had constructive comments related to improvements. We recognized that it serves no professional purpose to enter into discussions about a carrier with which we do not now, nor ever had recent first-hand experience.

As we get ready to start the next chapter of our lives, we Thank each of you for your generous comments, your friendship and for sharing with us and other Forum members and lurkers alike. We have been enriched because of you.

Terry and Rene'

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Terry,
When I build my next van, the history of your posts and pics, will be a huge part of my reference library.

Thanks for all the wisdom you have shared, and you will always have a place here, if you decide posting won't be a conflict.

Dale

Note: Terry has now become only the second person in EO history to have the honorary title of Moderator Emeritus.

Reactions: 1 person

dragonrider

Expert Expediter
I have not been around for awhile,but have to say God bless and we will miss you Thanks for all you have said and done dragonrider
Had to add a PS don't ferget romans original forum terry

Last edited:

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Well Terry, All I can say is, of all the expeditors on EO here, the one's I had always hoped to meet on the road were you and your wife Rene' and in all the years we had both been doing this I'm really surprised we didn't. But I do recall one time back in the early to mid 90's I was getting off of I-94 onto Middlebelt rd. in Romulus and I was behind a van with a Missouri licence plate that read Hot Fr8. Which I believe now may have been you. That was before EO and I wouldn't had known who you were then. Anyway I wish you the best of Luck with your new opportunity and wish Rene' the best with her garden and anything else you both shall run into in the future.

Sincerly,
Fr8 Shaker