Show of Hands Please

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Here we are with just a little over 2 weeks to MATS. Whoo-hoo!!
Who's coming? Have you been before? What are you looking for? Do you know we "party in the parking lot"? Do you plan on joining us? Any special requests for the barbecues? If this is going to be a new adventure for you, do you have questions for the seasoned attendees? Do you have your walking shoes?
Lawrence, would you put up a list of EO advertisers and their booth numbers? Some vendors give cash discounts, so bring those dollahs. :p

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
It was a "if I am close enough to DH there, I'd be there" to begin with, but with picking up the new truck the 18th and getting it to a minimum point to get on the road...chances are I won't be there...besides having a new truck to upfit...i'd spend wayyyy tooo much money down there!!! :D

But I WILL be at EXPO for sure this yr!!:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope, won't be there. That is the weekend of our Ducks Unlimited spring dinner. Mrs. Layoutshooter and I will be working there.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jeanie: Save me a spot by you & Susie - am looking forward to seeing TeamCaffee's new truck, [it will be sad to see them without Molly, for the first time, though], and need to swap one broken Save-A-Load bar, sigh.
Do we get to do the Health Walk in jammies again?:D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I plan to be there unless I'm dispatched back to California or something. What else is there to need when in Louisville than buttermilk pie? :D

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
You know we will! As for grilling, anyone interested in fish? I don't have much experience cooking it, and I really love it and trying to eat better. Anything I need to bring? We'll be coming from home, so give me a list!

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
You know we will! As for grilling, anyone interested in fish? I don't have much experience cooking it, and I really love it and trying to eat better. Anything I need to bring? We'll be coming from home, so give me a list!

Your smiling faces?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We can use Henry's truck as our gathering area. He will be arriving on Wednesday night and should be highly visible.

Nice thing about MATS is how close the grocery store will be to our cookouts.

I personally try to stay away from the grill and leave the chef's to their work, but I have been told fish is hard to grill...

There a many vendors on our list to see and I will start trying to form a list of who we want to see and why. I hope others will post their lists as well so we can share ideas.

The more the merrier and all are welcome to join our growing group that includes all walks of life from Expediters, Over the road guys, as well as vendors.

Attachments

• Henry in truck with trailer.jpg
    Henry in truck with trailer.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 48

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
We can use Henry's truck as our gathering area. He will be arriving on Wednesday night and should be highly visible.

Nice thing about MATS is how close the grocery store will be to our cookouts.

I personally try to stay away from the grill and leave the chef's to their work, but I have been told fish is hard to grill...

There a many vendors on our list to see and I will start trying to form a list of who we want to see and why. I hope others will post their lists as well so we can share ideas.

The more the merrier and all are welcome to join our growing group that includes all walks of life from Expediters, Over the road guys, as well as vendors.

Whom is Henry? Is this an advo??

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Henry would be the driver of the truck in the picture...

Who is Henry, is this an advo? Are you really, truly planning a party in a truckshow parking lot? I can tink of better places this time of year. I'll be back at the lake first week in April if'n ya really wanna party.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Who is Henry, is this an advo? Are you really, truly planning a party in a truckshow parking lot? I can tink of better places this time of year. I'll be back at the lake first week in April if'n ya really wanna party.

What the heck is an advo and a tink? How can I reply when I have no clue what you are talking about?

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
I tink he's referring to "advocate" as in: driver advocate, carrier advocate, union advocate. That's my guess.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Well I guess if you don't get it then you don't. No biggie. But there will be a party bout 100 miles NE of there. Might stop by Bobs truk on the way thru tho to observe you pary animals.

waayy former Owner/Operator D3077

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I tink he is asking if that is an advertisement.

Anywho, Henry is some trucking dude that is supposed to be some sort of expert on making/saving money - forget his last name but he does know what an expediter does ... sort of...

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I do not think anyone can understand how an why an expediter does what he does unless they give it try. Henry Albert does get it and he talks with a lot of expediters. His truck and trailer are highly visible which makes it easy to say gather around him.

If you want to know more about Henry Albert read his blog and the knowledge he has gained from the school of hard knocks.

On the Road with Henry Albert

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
Yes will be there with my wife and 6 year old grandson. She broke down and said get a nice room and will go. Last time I was there alabama was the star act, been a while.Hope to meet some of you from here .Been to expo twice and only met 3 people including Lawrance.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Well I guess if you don't get it then you don't. No biggie. But there will be a party bout 100 miles NE of there. Might stop by Bobs truk on the way thru tho to observe you pary animals.

waayy former Owner/Operator D3077

I think the BBQ and seeing friends and new friends in the Papa Johns parking lot tops going 100 miles NE of there.

Looking forward to seeing you guys...