Rjr expedite

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just wondering if anybody has anything to say about RJR. I have heard from their drivers if your solo and you want to run hard they will run you as hard as you can handle. The per mile rate seemed low but if what they were telling me is true they are grossing more than me per month.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've met a few of their cargo van drivers over the years and they seem to be a solid company. They might pay a little bit lower because they haul a lot of automotive freight. I would definitely give them a try. I've never heard of them having any pay issues with their drivers. They have access to a lot of the load boards and customers out there because I think they are a Canadian carrier. Don't quote me on that. I'd give them a call and see what they have to offer!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I remember quite a few problems that were posted with them several years ago. Might want to try a EO search on them.
Other than that, I didn't know they were still around. I think at one time they advertised here on EO, but that was some time ago.

Last edited:

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They have an office here in the U.S. also. I was told the U.S. drivers run under the canadian office and the canadian drivers run under the U.S. office for whatever reason. I know someone that used to work for E 1 who went to work for them back in nov of last year he drives A straight and says he has been doing alot better than he was with E 1.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I contacted a fleet owner with them some years back. I don't know if it has changed, but he said RJR liked to double up loads, and only pay extra pick and drop for the 2nd load, or something like that. Anyways, it wasn't anywhere near the full rate the contractor SHOULD get for a 2nd load being on the truck. I do remember my reaction, when I hung up, was muttering something about being cold in Hades.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The per mile rate seemed low but if what they were telling me is true they are grossing more than me per month.
It probably is true that they are grossing more per month than you. It's not what you gross per month that counts, it's what you bank after all is accounted for. More miles at a lower rate still means more miles, more fuel, more wear and tear on your truck.

DST001

Expert Expediter
A friend of mine used to work for RjR he had a 5ton and later got a sprinter they used to run him ragged 2/3 hrs of sleep a night and long trips to texas and alberta. He told me a couple of his friends got ripped off for money they where owed after they quit and had to sue them only to get monthly installments $200 to $300 a month. I have also talked to some drivers and they say the same thing they wait 5/6 days for trips and your gone for a month and rarely home at all. Moot has a valid point you may gross more but more miles more wear and tare and more expenses and more food at crappy truck stops

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
$4,889.99 still owed

There ya go folks.....as Dave says, "don't complicate the simple".

Course, sometimes it depends on whom is doing the math, however, a flag IS a flag.

Last edited:

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A friend of mine used to work for RjR he had a 5ton and later got a sprinter they used to run him ragged 2/3 hrs of sleep a night and long trips to texas and alberta. He told me a couple of his friends got ripped off for money they where owed after they quit and had to sue them only to get monthly installments $200 to $300 a month. I have also talked to some drivers and they say the same thing they wait 5/6 days for trips and your gone for a month and rarely home at all. Moot has a valid point you may gross more but more miles more wear and tare and more expenses and more food at crappy truck stops

I've heard that too about not getting paid if you quit... also, I heard if you have room for one more pallet, they won't let you go til they get you that pallet that you actually will deliver it for free. Should I mention that most of their loads are awfully heavy? This guy, a Sprinter owner, said he never had a load under 2000 lbs, and that day when I spoke to him, he was hauling about 4000 lbs...

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A close friend of mine runs for them. Like everybody has said the miles are there but as toward the safety of the driver they could care less. For example my buddy had a load down to Laredo and before he dropped was preplanned on a load to Toronto. Just before dropping in Toronto he got a call from dispatch for a load going back to Laredo, which his comment was "you guys just don't get it I need some sleep"". Needless to say that load did not go on his van. They were not happy about it but he stuck his ground. Now as to double loading they will hold you to the last minute trying for a second load expecting you to deliver both loads on time all for an extra $25. Something doesn't smell right with them. As towards my buddy he plans on running for them until the end of June and then plans on quitting and going elsewhere.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just can't wrap my head around the idea that driver would allow 4000 lbs on their own sprinter. It's hard to complain about something you allow to happen

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just can't wrap my head around the idea that driver would allow 4000 lbs on their own sprinter. It's hard to complain about something you allow to happen

I hear ya. 4000 lbs. is not going on my van neither. I have a hard time saying yes to 3000 lbs.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That's for sure, ran into one of those 4k no problem drivers a while back, I just shake my head :rolleyes:

donna_hardin

Rookie Expediter
Went to work for RJR 7 1/2 years ago first US Sprinter Van.. Biggest Mistake Ever.. Had 2 other Family members go with US.. They still Owe People during that time.. People tried to stay Faithful and Help them through Bad times.. I won't mention names.. Just Many Straight Trucks.. Think Twice..If your a Canadian Driver Your Fine!!

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
funny j just saw a straight parked in Ocala fl yesterday with a sticker on it to be picked on the 29th