Rand-McNally Intelliroute TND 500

cc194217

Seasoned Expediter
Where to buy

Truck Dealers:Mack ,Volvo, Freightliner, SterlingWestern Star

Travel Centers:Flying J, Love's, Pilot, TravelCenters of America, WilcoRetail

Outlets: Dieselboss.com, Gotruckstop.com, truckGPSstore.com, RoadTrucker.com, GreatEagleTech.com, MightyGPS.com, GPSCheap.com, thenavigationdepot.com

Last edited:

cc194217

Seasoned Expediter
Wolfie62

Your welcome. I took a day off yesterday...

Thanks for your post, I will forward it up to Rand.

Please watch the TND Dock the next few days, their will be an update to version 1.0.59.0

It fixes the "Tell Rand" for E-mails ending in ".ca" and also for 64 bit machines.

Thanks,
Mark

cc194217

Seasoned Expediter
bobwg

The selling price is $399.99, some travel centers have not posted the correct price. As of Jan 1st it dropped. If you see one at $499.99, ask them to scan it and you will see the correct price.

Thanks,
Mark

cc194217

Seasoned Expediter
Mapping Databases - NavTeq

All, how many times have you looked for an address to find it is not where it is supposed to be? Now, you can voice your concerns..

NAVTEQ Map Reporter

Thanks,
Mark

cannedmeat27

Expert Expediter
Is there anyway to get truck routing for canada?
Also i found a scale house that does not show up
on my gps it is the one on I 70 west its the one right at
the border on the indiana side when you leave illinois

cc194217

Seasoned Expediter
Canada

The TND has routing for Canada build in. If you find certain areas where it is not correct then RM needs to know, so that they may correct the mapping database.

Thanks,
Mark

cannedmeat27

Expert Expediter
I thought it only had truck specific routing for the lower 48 and not canada
I will check it again next time i go

cc194217

Seasoned Expediter
Canada

Canada is build in. I have run into Canada and Rand has Testers that go back and forth almost daily. Rand does run into some mapping database errors, but let us know and Rand will research and verify, then correct the mapping database.

Thanks,
Mark

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Based on Marks post here on this unit, and all of the post over on the truckers report on this unit, i bought one this morning. I set it up and used it today. a simple trip from the Knoxille tn "J" down to Steele Ala...nothing out of the ordinsry snd it workas it should have.

Since I am in a CV, I set it up as 33,000 lb straight truck. My primary reason for buying a "truck route" gps was so that i would not be routed into residenical neighborhoods anymore...so we will see how it goes. For now i'll just "play" with it and figure out all of the "Trinkets" with it!!:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have found it to be quite accurate. We are still learning all of it's features but we are pleased with what we have seen so far.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
u all be making me feel poor,,my remanufactured tom tom for 86 bucks gets this old boy most places ok, but when i get rich and famous I mite get me one of those high dollar gadgets. PS, how did the truckers of yester year ever get to where they were going? lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he who has the most toys wins.:D as my eye site goes , I want one with a 12 inch screen to.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Skyraider wrote:

he who has the most toys wins.

What fun is it without toys!?!? I mean other then "faster horses, older women, good whiskey, and more money!!!"

I want one with a 12 inch screen to.

The Garmin I have loaded into my laptop (yea just another toy, lol ) displayes on a the full 16" screen!!! :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I have been using both the laptop and the TND 500 at the same time. The TND is doing exactly what i bought it for and doing it very well, that is keeping me off the back country roads and the residencial neighborhood roads. I know that there are more functions that you big trucks need that i have no use for, i am more then happy with how it is keeping me on the "truck routes"....

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Mark: thank you for taking the time to respond to questions and clarify issues - it's appreciated.
I'm a satisfied user of Garmin, but someday, it'll need replaced, and you make a very good impression for 'your' product.

I too am a satisfied Garmin user, mine is a pretty basic 200W model and was looking at the 465T but have not been happy with the reviews. Your GPS may be my next GPS
I do believe OOIDA gives a discount or free shipping of the GPS:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have been using the TND500 for a few weeks now. We run Streets and Trips at the same time and then also check it against the Road Atlas as well. So far the TND500 wins hands down. Far fewer mistakes, far more accurate and much better for trucks.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
We have been using the TND500 for a few weeks now. We run Streets and Trips at the same time and then also check it against the Road Atlas as well. So far the TND500 wins hands down. Far fewer mistakes, far more accurate and much better for trucks.

Good to hear, Mine is getting near three years old and is in need of a map update, maybe I'll hold off and get this one

How many stops can you route in? I'm limited to two stops

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am not sure of the total number of stops, we have never had to input more than 4 to date.

There have been a few mistakes and programming problems, no unit is perfect. Rand is working hard to fix any problems that might come up. They have an extensive network of "beta testers" that text the units and software fixes. Mrs. Layout and I are part of that bunch. I can assure you that they take this very seriously and are making every effort to insure that when a unit is put out that it is the best it can be.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
you can input up to 8 stops and arrange them in whatever order is needed, you can also change the order at any point...i had 6 in there the other day as i routed myself instead of using the "planned" route....worked great

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, we have been playing with it too. Few problems. We have sent in a few location errors but they have been far and few between. They get fixed right away. Rand seems to be going out of their way to get these units right.