Please Join The Turtle Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Au contraire mon frere .... methinks that some are assigning far, far greater significance to what the OP wrote than what is actually there ....

I read it ..... and I just chuckle a bit .... it's entirely possible that there just might be a little tongue-in-cheek-humor going on in what is being written by the OP ....

Of course, to those who have made it their nature to be only deathly serious that might not be readily evident ...

Nope, I'd have to say that true seriousness comes from those folks who:

....... mindlessly forward a public campaign of hate toward peaceful law-abiding fellow citizens who just happen to be of a different religion than their own .....

....... who are inclined are hate others because of their political affiliation or views .....

....... hate others because of their religion or religious views .... or lack thereof ....

...... advocate the denial of the civil or human rights of individuals simply because of their race, creed, color, religion, etc. ....

..... advocate the genocide of any people for whatever reason ......

One could say, in truth, that the more serious one is, the less alive one actually is .....

And based on that, there are plenty around these parts that are able to continue their existence solely because they are on life-support .....

And now, having said that, let the gnashing of teeth in the dark begin ....

Do ya really, really believe that ?

Seriously ?

Given what you've been getting away with lately, one truly wonders .... :rolleyes:

...... well, you certainly haven't let that stop you ..... :rolleyes:

From false innuendo, unsubstantiated claims, and outright lies - all of which, are entirely irrelevant to any possible valid point you could make (that would be in the least way germane to the various threads where this crap gets posted) ..... to flagrantly violating the EO Code of Conduct - by publicly revealing something said in confidence to you (something others would be very wise to take careful note of, before venturing to speak to this individual), you have certainly turned it into your own little personal jihad .....

..... Osama would very proud indeed .....
You know, RLENT, I have a son on the battlefield in Afghanistan assigned to an infantry unit with the United States Marine Corps. You are the lowest form of vermin ever to grace this website. May God forgive you.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
As to whether it's a smear campaign or not is for each and every member to decide for themselves ....
No, not really - first and foremost it is up to the site owner and/or administrator - and then secondarily to the moderators (such as they are) - to decide whether it is a smear campaign - and if they determine it is, to take whatever action they deem is appropriate.

Currently we seem to have a little problem with threads just disappearing without a trace ..... with no explanations whatsoever ..... so perhaps they are too busy investigating that phenomena to do the above ....

my question is why is the shelled one in question not banned for calling another member "a dick"??
The more appropriate question might be: Why someone (aristotle) who has engaged in an ongoing campaign of defamation of character - completely unrelated to any issue being debated - has not themselves been banned ?

However, you seemed to have missed that ..... something about a forest being invisible due to being too focused on all the trees .... :rolleyes:

You do know don't you ..... one can't actually be guilty of libel (a form of defamation of character) ..... if what has been said is actually true ? :rolleyes:

As a legal matter, the definition of what constitutes defamation of character is fairly well defined - making the opposite of the above true:

"Defamation of character is the communication of false information stated as a fact which brings harm to an individual or an entity ....."

Are any of you defenders open-minded and honest enough to admit that if it were someone you disliked that did that, you would be screaming an objection??
So - if I understand you correctly, what you are saying is that one's position on such matters should be based on one's likes or dislikes of the specific personalities involved, and not on the actual conduct ?

Dunno .... seems like a fairly shallow position to me, without much moral fortitude or personal integrity ..... YMMV .....

In any specific instance one must evaluate the entirety of the circumstances surrounding a particular matter in order to view it in proper context.

As you gleefully call for someone's head to be put on a pike, please, please - being the honest and open-minded person that you no doubt are .... do at least make at least a token attempt to consider the litany of actual unwarranted personal attacks (entirely unrelated to any issue being discussed in a thread), character defamation, and libel that preceded the response which your self-righteous indignation now has you so incensed over.

In reply to you original question: ..... interestingly enough ..... it's certainly no secret that my screen name has been mentioned by aristotle in his ongoing attempts (as pathetic and feeble as they are) at outright character assassination .....

I don't necessarily dislike aristotle - although in my opinion one's liking or disliking someone really shouldn't be germane to the issue - I just find some of his political positions and logic flawed and often mutually incompatible .... and I have so stated, sometimes vociferously .....

... and I really don't seem to recall my having screamed any objection whatsoever about what he has directed my way - although I have commented about his unwarranted attacks on others, and attempting to pigeon hole others with false and defamatory labels. My assumption is that since any screaming doesn't stick out in my mind, it likely hasn't occurred ....

It's quite possible I could be incorrect however, so please feel to free point it out if it has and we can discuss it ..... :D

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As to whether it's a smear campaign or not is for each and every member to decide for themselves....my question is why is the shelled one in question not banned for calling another member "a dick"?? Are any of you defenders open-minded and honest enough to admit that if it were someone you disliked that did that, you would be screaming an objection??

Is it a smear campaign, or is it an uprising by a few on the forum who have had endurerd or seen enough of the snarky insinuations, personal insults, unfounded accusations and low-classed dimwitted comments. The vast majority on here don't participate this way - only a tiny percentage. Count 'em on one hand and have some fingers left over.

It also seems an acceptable personal slur has been established; how nice to know this crutch is available whenever our vocabulary fails us. Does this mean we should consult our handy profanity thesaurus for a list of synonyms? How about antonyms? Maybe we should experiment with these until one of the EO proletariat gets banned. Sort of reminds me of the old George Carlin routine.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
aristotle,

You know, RLENT
Surprise, surprise (NOT) .... looks like I'm not really on the ignore list afterall ....

Seems that merely telling singular lies is not your real forte ...... anything for "the cause" I guess ... :rolleyes:

I have a son on the battlefield in Afghanistan assigned to an infantry unit with the United States Marine Corps.
So ?

I'm not entirely sure how your son's choice of career is at all pertinent to your recent conduct towards other EO members (which was solely what my commentary was aimed at)

I can certainly empathize with the concern and worry you and your family must be constantly under .... maybe that's what is motivating your recent endeavors ... it would be somewhat understandable I suppose.

I sincerely hope, that for the sake of all concerned, that your son remains safe and well ... and comes out of it ok. My sons are both extremely precious to me - and I would expect your son to be no less precious to you and yours.

I have no particular desire to see anyone come to harm - and believe all Life is sacred in the eyes of the Creator ...... even if not all of his creations seem to be inclined to hold the same view.

I have to say that it is at least likely at some point in the past I possibly knew, and was aware of, your son's situation (fact of being in the military at least, if not also the deployment) ..... but that I was not particularly aware of it - and certainly didn't have it specifically in mind - when I wrote the Osama comment.

Had that fact been firmly in my mind, I might have avoided using what you apparently considered to be highly inflammatory rhetoric (but no guarantees), that in some way pertained to a family member's specific situation.

However, having said the above, I have to say that I find your recent conduct on EO utterly reprehensible - mostly because it seems to be based on, and solely motivated by, specific personalities - as opposed to ideas or issues.

You are the lowest form of vermin ever to grace this website.
Wow :( ... I think I'll just let that statement stand on it's own - so that others may ponder and draw their own conclusions as to exactly what type of character is required to make such a statement.

May God forgive you.
I have it on fairly good authority that that is the business he is indeed in ..... ;)

It is also been my own personal experience in Life that there is usually no person who is harder on an individual than the individual himself.

One other thing - it's my guess that you might well have misunderstood my commentary (which was somewhat derisive) awhile back on your assertion with respect to abortion - that it "wasn't about religion but it was about the babies" ....

The intent of my comments was solely that I didn't find it credible that for a person of strong religious convictions, it wasn't, at least in some measure, about religion or beliefs which are grounded in religion.

From my perspective, that dog don't hunt ......

What I didn't say - simply because I chose, at the time, not to - is that I think there is a very valid case to be made about the matter from both a religious and societal perspective .....

I don't think that either you or Turtle had an exclusive lock on "the absolute truth" in respect to the issue - you both raised valid points ....

As the issue is a complex one - and highly emotionally charged (on both sides) - it is a matter worthy of thoughtful, civil debate and discourse. My comments did not add anything whatsoever to having that occur.

For solely that reason, you have my apologies.

Last edited:

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
You know, RLENT, I have a son on the battlefield in Afghanistan assigned to an infantry unit with the United States Marine Corps. You are the lowest form of vermin ever to grace this website. May God forgive you.

I have been thinking about your son this week. A brave young man, proudly serving his country, having been raised by a whiny, paranoid twit. The irony is staggering...

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I can say one thing for sure, Turtle had better stay out of S.E. Michigan or he may end up getting his "goose" cooked!! Turtle soup is a favorite in our area!! NO turtle is safe!!
Considering that you used a capitalized version of the word "turtle" in the first instance above - which clearly in the context of this thread refers to a specific individual - this almost sounds like a thinly veiled threat ....

I would hate to think that Turtle would at some end up going to Southeast Michigan and have something befall him ..... you, of course, would be a natural "person of interest" in investigating the matter.

As a moderator for Expeditor's Online and a contractor for Fedex Custom Critical, I really hope you will reconsider your use of such ill-considered language.

My assumption is that the above was not done with any real malice, but was simply an inane attempt at frivolous banter on your part, intended to be "humorous" ..... (which, btw, it really wasn't .....)

Last edited:

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
To all moderators/Dale?Lawrence: please do not lock or delete this thread. I am in the middle of an all-night drive to delivery. I will have a great deal to say after delivery and a little sleep. I take a lot of abuse here as you can see. I wish to reserve the right to respond publicly to the namecalling (jihadist), the baiting: "Osama would be proud"...

I invite public comment from other EO members. Anyone have an opinion?

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Considering that you used a capitalized version of the word "turtle" in the first instance above - which clearly in the context of this thread refers to a specific individual - this almost sounds like a thinly veiled threat ....

I would hate to think that Turtle would at some end up going to Southeast Michigan and have something befall him ..... you, of course, would be a natural "person of interest" in investigating the matter.

As a moderator for Expeditor's Online and a contractor for Fedex Custom Critical, I really hope you will reconsider your use of such ill-considered language.

My assumption is that the above was not done with any real malice, but was simply an inane attempt at frivolous banter on your part, intended to be "humorous" ..... (which, btw, it really wasn't .....)

You have got to be kidding.

I have never seen anything as silly as this. This entire thread is beyond belief. To even THINK that I would threaten Turtle is beyond belief.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
To all moderators/Dale?Lawrence: please do not lock or delete this thread. I am in the middle of an all-night drive to delivery. I will have a great deal to say after delivery and a little sleep.
I'm up right now - you (conceivably) have my cell number - which I gave you quite some time ago - give me a call.

Of course, I would call you - but I can't - since you never gave me your number.

The above might say something .... I'll leave it to others to discern exactly what it might be ;)

I take a lot of abuse here as you can see.
Seems to me that you've set a new all-time low in terms of giving out personal abuse (as opposed to what you actually receive)

I mean c'mon - seriously:

"You know, RLENT ..... You are the lowest form of vermin ever to grace this website."

Are ya kiddin ?

I wish to reserve the right to respond publicly to the namecalling (jihadist)
Ahhh ..... but I didn't call you a "jihadist" (interesting how folks can hear something other than what was actually said - even when it is clear written form)

I simply observed that:

"you have certainly turned it into your own little personal jihad ....."

Before you go getting all foamy and frothy in responding, you might wish to look up the word (jihad) in a good dictionary and find out what it actually means ..... the actual, true meaning may not be what you believe it is - it is certainly not what is commonly understood in the West.

At the point where you have something more than just a limited understanding of what the various meanings of the word are, you will then be faced with asking and answering the following question of at least yourself:

"What was actually meant or intended by the remark ?"

That assumes that you are actually interested in knowing and understanding what was meant - as opposed to just substituting what you would prefer to believe was intended, to suit your own ends.

Of course, if you didn't discern the intent, and were confused by what was meant, the best way to handle it is probably to seek clarification from the person who made the remark - since that party is truly the only one who knows .....

the baiting: "Osama would be proud"...
You don't think Osama would be proud of one American attacking another - instead of working to find common ground and a basis for understanding and agreement ?

I rather think he would be rejoicing ......

I invite public comment from other EO members. Anyone have an opinion?
Yeah .... I think LRE did ..... but I somehow doubt it was really the one you were looking for .... :rolleyes:

BTW, it is the absolute hallmark of a true bully to attempt to enlist others in their attacks ...... at least you are now doing it publicly, out in the open, I will hafta give ya that ....

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You have got to be kidding.
No, actually I'm not .....

I have never seen anything as silly as this.
I was thinking precisely the same thing when I initially read your comments .....

This entire thread is beyond belief.
That, I'll give ya .....

To even THINK that I would threaten Turtle is beyond belief.
As I stated originally: I don't personally think that you would actually threaten Turtle - don't really think it's in your nature (which is actually a compliment) - but that doesn't mean that someone who doesn't know you at all might not conclude otherwise - particularly if they viewed your comments in the context of some of what has been being said on here lately ....

FWIW, I have been physically threatened on at least on occasion by a (now ex) EO member .... so it's not like it doesn't ever happen.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, actually I'm not .....

I was thinking precisely the same thing when I initially read your comments .....

That, I'll give ya .....

As I stated originally: I don't personally think that you would actually threaten Turtle - don't really think it's in your nature (which is actually a compliment) - but that doesn't mean that someone who doesn't know you at all might not conclude otherwise - particularly if they viewed your comments in the context of some of what has been being said on here lately ....

FWIW, I have been physically threatened on at least on occasion by a (now ex) EO member .... so it's not like it doesn't ever happen.

The personal attacks in these forums must stop. It is greatly degrading the intent of this web site. It would benefit ALL members if it were stopped.

As I stated before, it is fair game to go after ideas, banter them about, explore them and SOMETIMES even lambaste them. The name calling is WRONG and must end. It is beginning to sound more like jr. high school in here as opposed to adults having adult conversations.

To RLENT, one, you are right, it is NOT in my nature to threaten or attack. Two, I have not had my coffee and now for the second time this morning I hit the wrong "button" . My intent was not to quote your last post or even respond to it. My intent was ONLY to TRY and slow down the silly stuff. This post is not directed at you or any one person in here. It is only meant to TRY to stop some of the personal stupidity that has been going on.

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I agree with Joe, ths thread and some of the other "stuff' being put forth and that has been going on for as long as I have been here, really needs to stop...its just not in the best interest of EO and a forum....people coming here for info on the industry and come across this kind of diatribe will certainly come away with opinions that don't truly reflect the value of the information that even those that are taking shots at each other give in the area's of expediting. I was once told that while I provided alot of good info outside of the soapbox that its value was diminished because of by style in the soapbox....I then said that if those that have been here any length of time couldn't seperate the 2, that was their problem....but I never took shots at other forum members in this public forum....

Personally I don't care what any of you think or even post about each other, its rather childish and silly as Joe said, but what is going on needs to stop if for no reason other then the fact the EO IS the place for people to come to for value information on this industry and this kind of crap doesn't look good at all....

If this is going to be allowed to continue, then there needs to be a seperate forum that only those registered can have access to as is done on many other sites so that those just coming here for industry info need not see this stuff....kind of silly that it would have to come to that.....

Everyone involved without being called out by name needs to step back and look at your style of posting and make an effort to not get to the personal attack level and the insinuation that are made as to the mental capacity of others posting simply because you may have a bit of what you think is a better insight into a topic...pot your thoughts and information without pointing out what you take as short comings of one posting....

Again, lets all step back and be aware of our posting styles and and our insinuations when posting....

DieselDogg

Not a Member
In resonse to DaveKC's request for Turtle gear, I am working on a deal to order these great shirts with a bulk discount! Please join the group and I will post ordering information soon.

Can we please stop the personal attacks, and let this thread serve its intended purpose, honoring EOs greatest poster, Gee whiz!

261267628v1_225x225_Front.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here is the REAL reason I warned Turtle to stay out of the area where I live!! Hey Turtle, in reality I really think you would enjoy this place. Good local pub, NOT a chain, they thrive on repeat LOCAL business.

Trapperz Tavern - Welcome

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well you know... it seems that I don't know what make of this.

I don't see rules being applied, don't see the use of the forum at its best and when I say something, people say to ignore me. So ignore that part, it wasn't important.

I said something about another member in another forum about his vanity and I got three people saying something about my comments. I know that one of the three knows exactly what the purpose is and if I explain it to the other two, then it will get nasty, make it look like I really am jealous - that is something I don't want to do. SO I take the BS as just another bunch of crap and move on.

The important thing is I need to drag that into this discussion because it seems like there is a connection. THIS is all silly, as silly as me saying something jokingly and seeing crap about it but there is an important point I and others tried to make and somewhere in all the banter it is sitting there waiting to be discovered.

So let me dig through the banter and tell you what it is - there seems to be no rules lately. This thread should stopped with the first thread, if you know what I mean.

If a new member is to just here to pull chains, then there is a simple solution that I won't mention. BUT I don't see either Aristotle or Turtle actually at fault for any of this but a few others seem to be. Their fight is their fight, as my fight with another member is my fight (no it is not Phil) and not to drag anyone into my fight, I choose to simply not allow it to happen.

I think there is an inaction on the part of the leadership here, but that's me and maybe I am getting overly sensitive to the ******* on the other hand, maybe not.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So let me dig through the banter and tell you what it is - there seems to be no rules lately. This thread should stopped with the first thread, if you know what I mean.
You got that right - it should have been locked after the first post.
If a new member is to just here to pull chains, then there is a simple solution that I won't mention. BUT I don't see either Aristotle or Turtle actually at fault for any of this but a few others seem to be...
Greg - come on now. To his credit, Turtle hasn't gotten into this soup, but his prior snide personal derision and occasional outright accusations have gone a long way towards creating the ill will to start with. But go back and read post #41 and #45 if you want something handy, and you might consider reading some of the outrageous personal insults directed toward me and others by this Rlent character in the Soapbox.
I think there is an inaction on the part of the leadership here, but that's me and maybe I am getting overly sensitive to the ******* on the other hand, maybe not.
I couldn't agree more.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Ok folks. Here's the deal. I can't believe this went so far, I thought sure it would fade. But, I'm delivered, and back online, and its done.

The sniping and comments from BOTH sides have gone on long enough. If you want to debate ISSUES, do it in the Soapbox. If you only want to insult people, or stir the pot.... go away. If you insist. on starting the conversation back up, you will be given a vacation.

Good night.

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.