Panther safety exaggerate

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Taking Phil's point for a moment, taking the money issue out of the equation, asking and getting permission puts you right into the employee category. The carrier can't demand you to use their routing, especially when there is an issue with weather and safety.

If there is an issue about addition money, then that is another issue.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Speaking of Dispatchers. On Wednesday afternoon I was offered a low paying run. I took it to get to what I hoped would be a better freight area. I was told it's a 12:30 AM delivery. Fine. It turns out the Company was closing at 11:00 PM because the next day was Veterans day. My Company new it would be closed & I would be sitting until Friday at the earliest BUT did not tell me. I was upset. Told a dispatcher in no uncertain terms. I realize it wasn't his fault, he being middle shift and I was wrong to take it out on him. My question, was I wrong in being upset? :confused:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speaking of Dispatchers. On Wednesday afternoon I was offered a low paying run. I took it to get to what I hoped would be a better freight area. I was told it's a 12:30 AM delivery. Fine. It turns out the Company was closing at 11:00 PM because the next day was Veterans day. My Company new it would be closed & I would be sitting until Friday at the earliest BUT did not tell me. I was upset. Told a dispatcher in no uncertain terms. I realize it wasn't his fault, he being middle shift and I was wrong to take it out on him. My question, was I wrong in being upset? :confused:

Well yeah I'd be pizzed....did you get any layover or D-Time?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Actually there is no excuse for dispatch, they should know better.

Fired? For what? getting ****ed off at the guy who should have known better?

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I was wrong to curse at him, I did not curse him personally. He was a different shift. Just happened to be the one on duty when I found out.:p As for the second part of your question. Yes

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Bill: you were right to be upset, [not that there's a right or wrong line there], but what you did in response was wrong. Even if you were speaking to the dispatcher responsible, the way to do so is calmly & professionally. If that gets you nowhere, you ask to speak with their supervisor, and repeat explanation until you get satisfaction, or hit a wall.
If you want to leave the carrier, better to do it on your terms, when you're ready, eh?
At least it sounds as if you learned a lesson - and we've all been there, sigh.:(

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Still the dispatcher was wrong.

No matter who it is or what their shift is, they should take the responsibility and try to find a solution for you even if you were nasty with them.

A lot of times, they don't give a crap to begin with. A lot of them never know what it is like and don't get the point that they are the ones who have access to the information.

It shows the cheapness of the company.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
You 100% right in what you saying. I have two questions. What do you think why TriState can tell you exactly in the load offer if you will transfer the load and your miles and Panther no?The second one is why for example AllState drivers can run a 1200 miles run without brake and Panther drivers no. I know is inside safety policy but still is a huge difference....
One more reason not to run for the big guys...

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Still the dispatcher was wrong.

No matter who it is or what their shift is, they should take the responsibility and try to find a solution for you even if you were nasty with them.

A lot of times, they don't give a crap to begin with. A lot of them never know what it is like and don't get the point that they are the ones who have access to the information.

It shows the cheapness of the company.

Greg

When you going to post a Picture of your truck? I would like to add it to our truck pictures.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Greg

When you going to post a Picture of your truck? I would like to add it to our truck pictures.

I don't know, here is the generic picture I send to customers;

HY72-569KS26_wikipedia.jpg

It looks about the same, except the reefer is on the top.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It is always hard sometimes to control ones temper. This is a very frustrating business for everyone from the dispatcher to the driver. Sometimes the dispatcher needs to take the human factor into account and try and put themselves into the other persons shoes. Should someone get fired for this???? If it is a first time offense and no physical harm was threatened, I do not think we would have taken such action.

Again, when upset, better to hang up, calm down, and call back.