Panther & Expeditors Services. Why so slow?

Laurdess

Seasoned Expediter
some drivers will say "I dont move for less then 1.35 a mile" I will leave and come back - they will still be sitting waiting for that 1.35 a mile. The only other thing I can imagine is they are solo in an expedite world. I am a team driver and I NEVER sit. When we do its a blessing. I think the longest we sat was 2 days in Nogales That was over the weekend and I didnt mind it was below zero everywhere else in the country. Panther may have too many drivers.. not bidding low enough on the boards?

mpdonovan

Seasoned Expediter
Hey yall! I am a longtime member under a new name. I was over at FDCC 'till Sep. 08. My wife and I joined ES and Panther then.
Yes during your 90 day probation You do start at 35%. But after 90 days you are at 40%.
We are the ones who that driver complained about leaving truck dirty.
We litteraly had no time to clean it up when we moved over to new truck. I am Notgoing to badmouth that team here on forum but would be more than happy to shed some light on them and ES to anyone that sends me an email.
My wife and my experience with ES has been overwhelmingly positive.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Hey yall! I am a longtime member under a new name. I was over at FDCC 'till Sep. 08. My wife and I joined ES and Panther then.
Yes during your 90 day probation You do start at 35%. But after 90 days you are at 40%.
We are the ones who that driver complained about leaving truck dirty.
We litteraly had no time to clean it up when we moved over to new truck. I am Notgoing to badmouth that team here on forum but would be more than happy to shed some light on them and ES to anyone that sends me an email.
My wife and my experience with ES has been overwhelmingly positive.

The problem I have with your story is if you didn't have time to clean the truck. Why did ES charge the drivers that got into the truck that was dirty $125.00 to clean a truck that was left cleaner than they got it when they parked back at Panther after they quit. Now I seen with my own eyes how clean the truck was. I was at Panther the next two days all day as I had two trucks be signed on. Nobody came to clean the truck like they said. Unless your talking about melvickers friend truck. I have sent many teams to them and even called in like I was a driver wanting a job and was told 35% and even told them that most people pay 40%. ES never said one thing about after 90 days you will go to 40%. They said Panther asked them to lower the drivers pay to 35% which is hog wash. It's more like ES wanted to lower it. Panther don't get in the mix of drivers pay I know that for a fact.

Rikk

Expert Expediter
Well, because maybe they don't keep in touch with their drivers. I just had a team that came over to run with us and Panther has kept them running. Telling drivers that Panther told them to lower the amount of a teams pay to 35% is hog wash. They charged this team $44.00 each because they took a 1500 mile load that had a 250 mile deadhead to the pickup. Not paying the drivers for a load that was 26 miles that paid the truck $99.00 is wrong. The drivers where told they don't get paid for mini's that they are dry runs to them. Then they charged the drivers $125.00 for the cleaning of the truck that was left at Panther after they cleaned it out and took pictures of how clean the truck was left.

I will say that it is not slow at Panther and i'm a smaller fleet owner than they are. I'm sure DaveKc can say the same thing. Our trucks are loaded and we are happy with Panther.

First off. I have been pre-dispatched most of this month. I am not with Panther, but with FedEXCC.

I want to address your statements about Expediter Services. I can tell you that your info is incorrect about the drivers that you mentioned. I have been with ES going on 4 years now. As with any company they have there issues. I have had pay issues that are cleared up quickly, mechanical issues that get corrected as soon as I call in. I have had spats with carriers and have had them go to bat for me.

I have never had issues with deadhead and sometimes I do violate the limits. I have found with ES that mistakes happen. Both of us. I understand they arn't perfect but neither am I. We still make it work out, and quite well.

I can tell you if your so mentioned drivers were not experiance in expedting, ES would have bent over backwards to help. If they abuse the help then there are ramifacations.

I asked around, and I can't find any one in the office that can verify the fact that some one was charged for 250 miles D/H for a 1500 mile load. I would have to say maybe your source was confused. I took a 419 mile D/H last week for a 679 mile run. Had my reasons and no one has docked my settlment. But here is the differance. If they had a habbit of doing this with no return on the expenditure, then I could see this happening. HOWEVER, they would have been called by their prospective coordinator and instrucked on how and when to do this.

Not paying drivers.. Again I have to say your not getting accurate information. Most carriers first off pay a bit more for short runs, and in some cases move your truck up the board for a run this short. Even if it were a mistake, you would have been paid.

Again with the pay, dry runs. As with every other agreement I get my cut. dry run, short run, or other. Some one is feeding you incorrect info, maybe you should just chalk it up to a disgruntled driver that can't be pleased.....

Best wishes

Rikk
DR4394

Evadi4

Seasoned Expediter
I have been reading the posts regarding Expeditors Services and I would like to say this: My boyfriend and I started driving for Panther back in August of 2008. Our first owner did not pay us, second owner lost his trucks and with our third owner we felt that we were putting more money in the truck than making money and at that time we decided to come off the road. In December of 2009 we decided that we wanted to come back on the road and drive for Panther and at that time friends of ours who drive for ES recommended that we speak to Angela. We called her and after speaking to her we signed on with them and it was the best decision we ever made for an owner to drive for!!
Let me tell you why....with our previous owners, getting the truck issues fixed was sometimes an issue and didn't get fixed right away and with ES, any issues we have had with the truck have been taken care of immediately and without issue.
With ES we are contracted deadhead and do not have to fight to get it anymore and in regards to the pay....we are paid fully and on time with ES and have never had any issues with our pay.
And as for taking care of their drivers, ES definitely does look out for their drivers as we found out shortly after starting with them. What happened, is that we took a load out to the West Coast and got "stuck" as there was no freight moving at that time. Now with previous owners, when that happened, we stayed "stuck" as there was no help from them but not the case with ES. Our fleet manager Bobby stayed in contact with us and continually worked on getting us off the West Coast and he did and got us back into an area where were were able to run again. ES did not abandon us and because of that, we did not give up on them and never will!! Bobby is an excellent fleet manager and we are very lucky to have him as ours!!
Looking back, my boyfriend and I now wish that we had gone with ES when we first started driving as not only are they excellent owners, but they are also an excellent group of people to know and work for and everything that Angela told us about ES and what to expect for pay, etc was the truth and we are extremely happy where we are at and we do not plan on ever looking for another owner to driver for. And in fact, there are 2 other teams that we spoke to who drove for other companies that are coming over to ES after speaking to us and Angela. One team has already started with ES and they love it and are very happy and the other team is starting in the next week or 2.
To end, let me say this......you will never find a better owner to drive for than ES and if we could put a logo on our truck that said "We drive for Expeditors Services and are proud of it" we would!!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I was thinking the same thing.

What's really funny is some of the people posting are 1st time posters. Some people on EO got copies of the drivers settlement sheets that was E-mailed from ES and the settlement sheets don't lie. But I'm don't with this.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What's really funny is some of the people posting are 1st time posters.
That's the comical part. Even Stevie Wonder can see what's going on.

Ask Doug, he knows. Well, you can't ask him, but he knows. You have to create these fake screen names week, months, even years in advance, and then use them a little bit here and there, a little bit there, with innocuous postings here and there, build the posting count little by little, over time, ease into the place. You have to be committed, to the point where you could actually be committed. Then, when the time is right, you can bring them out all at once for a fake defense that won't be laughable, as long as you don't make 4 or 5 of them with the same subject outline layout, all touching on the same points and in the same manner, as is the case here. Otherwise it'll look like they were written by the same person, no matter how long ago the names were created. Like I said, comical.

EagleXpress

Expert Expediter
There are some "regulars" here that are acting like "Gang Bangers". Most first time posters finally register on EO because they JUST have to reply to some comments on here that they are passionate about. So when ya get under their skin or get their undies in a bunch, they are simply compelled to step up-speak out-shout it out ! Isn't that what it's all about ? The Pulse of EO !!!! <----- GOTTA LOVE IT !

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
I just dont get how they aren't busy being in the MidWest (MI, IN, OH & IL). I mean 3-4 loads in 3 weeks? Thats not at all what I thougt it would be like. And another thing, why wouldn't the truck owners get the trucks looked at in between drivers? Everyones out money... The drivers can't run and that means the companies arent getting paid either AND have to pay for repairs. It all just seems weird.

When we picked up our ES truck from Richfiled, OH. Up the raod from Panther. IT WAS FILTHY. It took 2 days to clean it out. ES's response was - that they had no control over it, as the truck was serviced at the KW dealer and was mechanically sound. They (ES) NEVER see the trucks unless you are at the CAT dealer in Memphis, or drive to their HG (an office strip behind a striip mall) wouldn't recomebd driving your truck there, the place is NOT truck freindly, plus their "truck lot" in back is a rutted-mud-pit.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well if that's the case, it is a cheap trick to use.

If the company doesn't have the nerve to properly defend themselves with full discloser of who they are in a proper manner, then it reflects their attitude towards everything they do in business.

sangchick

Seasoned Expediter
well i try to get on here as much as i can but i have a house, kids, pets and my mother to take care so it is hard to get on here. however thank u for ur reply and ur welcome to EO. hope to see you around EO.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Been awhile since we've seen a thread with this many first time posters.:rolleyes:
Some even putting 8 in a row up in under an hour.
Turtle had it right. Very comical to say the least.