Panther & Expeditors Services. Why so slow?

MelVicker

Not a Member
Ok, So I was thinking about expediting when someone I knew chose to. Well, they just started running for Panther via Expediter Services and have been sitting more than anything. They take every run they're offered but still end up sitting and waiting for days! They have been told 3 times to do empty moves and still hardly get loads. I think they have had 3-4 since March 3rd. Also, the truck has had to be repaired twice!

This is scaring me off. Is this normal? They're not even making a third of what expected.

Last edited:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Not sure what the problem is between ES and Panther,but i do know when I was at FECC in Green yesterday there was at least one ES Panther unit in the new orientation.:confused:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Are you thinking there are too many trucks then?
Asking an expediter whether there are too many trucks is kinda like asking the devil whether he thinks only hot beverages should be served in the underworld .... the answer you're gonna get is a pretty safe bet.

MelVicker

Not a Member
I just dont get how they aren't busy being in the MidWest (MI, IN, OH & IL). I mean 3-4 loads in 3 weeks? Thats not at all what I thougt it would be like. And another thing, why wouldn't the truck owners get the trucks looked at in between drivers? Everyones out money... The drivers can't run and that means the companies arent getting paid either AND have to pay for repairs. It all just seems weird.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
The problem....Too many vans and not enough loads to keep the drivers busy. The answer: I'm not exactly sure but it looks like I am going to be finding greener pastures somewhere else myself.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
The problem....Too many vans and not enough loads to keep the drivers busy. The answer: I'm not exactly sure but it looks like I am going to be finding greener pastures somewhere else myself.
It is SLOW for straight trucks to....

moose

Veteran Expediter
Great. Not what I wanted to hear.

MayBe this?:
tell them to call ES ,and ask for phone # of at least 3 ES trucks leased on with Panther.
talk to an experience team in the same situation ,and ask them what they do to make the system works for them .

BTW ,should have done that B4 getting into the truck.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Not busy in the Midwest? Hmmm. Remember all of those GM plants that closed last year? Remember those other plants that closed? Maybe the info regarding the Midwest being "expediter central" is now obsolete. Might be playing by different rules now.....

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
yes but doesn't ES tell you not to accept loads under 300 miles some weeks thats all i see at panther but for most part still end up with over 2600 miles and better a week maybe yall ort to acept some of the smaller loads

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Mel wrote:

I think they have had 3-4 since March 3rd

2 things come to mind:

1 they don't know too much about this business and have no idea on repositioning themselves to better "freight lanes"....

2 they are turning runs down....

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Well, because maybe they don't keep in touch with their drivers. I just had a team that came over to run with us and Panther has kept them running. Telling drivers that Panther told them to lower the amount of a teams pay to 35% is hog wash. They charged this team $44.00 each because they took a 1500 mile load that had a 250 mile deadhead to the pickup. Not paying the drivers for a load that was 26 miles that paid the truck $99.00 is wrong. The drivers where told they don't get paid for mini's that they are dry runs to them. Then they charged the drivers $125.00 for the cleaning of the truck that was left at Panther after they cleaned it out and took pictures of how clean the truck was left.

I will say that it is not slow at Panther and i'm a smaller fleet owner than they are. I'm sure DaveKc can say the same thing. Our trucks are loaded and we are happy with Panther.

MelVicker

Not a Member
1- They ARENT turning down runs. They've been to the East coast and back. Moved into different "hubs" and still are sitting.

2- They asked for info and looked up info about ES before signing and 99% of positive raves.

3- Yeah, they found out when they got there its 35% pay...

Oh and a kicker, I just found out their truck died, AGAIN. Someone told them to let it sit, running, for 45mins and then go. "You will make it". Well, they didnt and they got voice mail at the emergency number... Got an answer finally and they tried blaming it on them not checking the coolant. THEY DID and it was FINE. She said " just keep going. dont lose the run". They made it maybe 1/4mi before the truck stopped.

I know I'm not running with ES now but how do I trust any company after them getting screwed after having all those good reviews?

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If ES is not living up to what is in the written contract...that's getting screwed.

If expediting with ES isn't turning out the way they thought it would.....that's life.

All anybody OWES you is what is written in the contract...the rest is up to you.

If all the critics give a movie rave reviews but you didn't like it...is that getting screwed too?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
If ES is not living up to what is in the written contract...that's getting screwed.

If expediting with ES isn't turning out the way they thought it would.....that's life.

All anybody OWES you is what is written in the contract...the rest is up to you.

If all the critics give a movie rave reviews but you didn't like it...is that getting screwed too?

Piper I agree with you 100%, You beat me to saying it. :)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
1- They ARENT turning down runs. They've been to the East coast and back.

2- They asked for info and looked up info about ES before signing and 99% of positive raves.

3- Yeah, they found out when they got there its 35% pay...

Oh and a kicker, I just found out their truck died, AGAIN. Someone told them to let it sit, running, for 45mins and then go. "You will make it". Well, they didnt and they got voice mail at the emergency number... Got an answer finally and they tried blaming it on them not checking the coolant. THEY DID and it was FINE. She said " just keep going. dont lose the run". They made it maybe 1/4mi before the truck stopped.

I know I'm not running with ES now but how do I trust any company after them getting screwed after having all those good reviews?

Lots of they and them's in your posts. Could they be you and you be them? "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"