October Locations

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
I don't know. Just seems like a cell phone, access to the internet and a rental car would solve the problem. I do realize that your company is probably calling the shot on this, but as an o/o, I would figure I had a full day to produce a clamp, save the load, a tow bill and a day of lost productivity. There is probably a clamp available somewhere within driving distance of you...even on a Sunday. There may not be any rental cars in Breezewood though.

If it was my truck and I was getting all the moneyz, I wouldn't be losing the load, I can tell you that much. It sucks not being in control but I can't complain, I'm happy getting the experience and I'm happy with the pay overall. I still made double what I normally make even with losing the load. But I should get some sitting pay or partial run pay. Neither will make me rich but it'll cover my expenses and I'll have some I sat and did the company a favour credit built up.

The truck lease company actually tried to find a rental truck for me but they couldn't find anything within a 200 mile radius.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
If it was my truck and I was getting all the moneyz, I wouldn't be losing the load, I can tell you that much. It sucks not being in control but I can't complain, I'm happy getting the experience and I'm happy with the pay overall. I still made double what I normally make even with losing the load. But I should get some sitting pay or partial run pay. Neither will make me rich but it'll cover my expenses and I'll have some I sat and did the company a favour credit built up.

The truck lease company actually tried to find a rental truck for me but they couldn't find anything within a 200 mile radius.

No, it's a long way from terrible. There's not a lot you can do different. Of all the places to be stuck for a day, Breezewood's not bad.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Taking the truck back to the owner tomorrow. Thus ends the chapter of C&M in my career. Spent the better part of 6 years with them, so they had to be doing something right.

Found a neat little Topkick I'm planning on buying. I'm chomping at the bit to make some money! I don't think I'll be disappointed.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Taking the truck back to the owner tomorrow. Thus ends the chapter of C&M in my career. Spent the better part of 6 years with them, so they had to be doing something right.

Found a neat little Topkick I'm planning on buying. I'm chomping at the bit to make some money! I don't think I'll be disappointed.

On to better things! Post photos of the Topkick if you get it, I'd like to see it. :)

Monty

Expert Expediter
After my "road trip" of the year, which wasnt all that profitable, I'm at home until Tuesday.

Took that load from Ft Smith to Visallia, Ca, (this leg paid well), then loaded LA back to El Paso.

There were vans sitting there from the week before, so I went on over to Dallas. Sat there a day and a half, with no calls. So I just came on home.

How's $900.00 from LA to Dayton? :eek:

But as mentioned, it was was my one road trip of the year. So it was as much for the fun as the money.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
At the east TA in Denver. Took the weekend, rented a pickup and went sightseeing up in the mountains at Estes Park. About my favorite place on the planet. :) Hoping to head east, but we'll see. Waiting on a load at the moment.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Waiting to be loaded in Stockton, Ca. for Denver. They don't seem to be in much of a hurry.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Love's in St Joesph, Mo.
Delivered at 0800 then did a 96 mile run to a windmill farm in the middle of a corn field.

d_b1486

Active Expediter
Charlotte nc to Atlanta ga. 272 miles 2 drops. Hopefully something good out or AtL tomorrow.

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
i dont know if it was me, are everyone ,but the last two weeks ran the wheels off the van

Last edited: