Obama just won...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No one person will ever lead the country to the promised land. No one not even third party will be able to make massive changes in one or two terms within the rule of law. We didn't get where we are fast and we art getting out of it fast.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Probably going to be much slower than expected.;)

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I don't believe there should be a straight party option regardless of party. You didn't waste your vote so that's a good thing but it's still true that third party and write in voters wasted their vote and threw it away on an absolute guaranteed losing candidate.
So did you apparently ...

Ooops !

I still support their right to be dumber than dirt morons.
As I do yours ... ;)

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In Illinois, there is not a straight party option. It used to be, but not for the last several election cycles. I think straight-ticket disappeared in the mid-1990s if memory serves.

I did vote for Republicans though, because they're the candidates I liked the best-- or disliked the least-- as the case may be.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We had a few good libertarian candidates in state races and there's a DINO who's good so I had options across the board.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
As I said, thanks for less than nothing all you morons who through your ignorance helped re-elect THE WORST president in history. Don't blame it on anything or anyone other than yourselves. You did it. You deserve it. Too bad the rest of us are screwed thanks to you.
Include the people that didn't vote as morons . That was 46% of eligible voters . Only 29% of eligible voters voted for Obama . Did those voters consider things like the economy , defense , foreign policy , or education ? No , the minorities combined to become the majority . Issues most important to them were race , immigration , and sexual disorientation .
Romney shouldn't have pushed so hard on issues like abortion and PBS . Voters knew liberals are for abortion . No need to rant against it and lose some of the independents .
Still , Obama was pretty popular with 100% - 113% of the vote in some districts .

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Include the people that didn't vote as morons.

Absolutely. That was one of the options. Options 2-5 are voting moron.

1. Vote Romney
2. Vote Obama
3. Vote third party which is voting Obama
4. Vote write in which is voting Obama
5. Abstain from voting which is voting Obama

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well Texas did it, they reached the goal for signatures on a petition to leave the US. It now requires a response from Obama which will likely be a rejection. There are still another 19 states waiting to get the signatures needed.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ca-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

The number of blue states petitioning to leave the union comes as a bit of a surprise. Wassa matter, ya vote for the guy and then ya don't like him??? (Seriously--- New York??? Michigan???? I haven't looked at the last report, but I wouldn't be surprised if Illinois is petitioning too--- and we're Obama's home state!!!)

spongebox

Active Expediter
Maybe since so many of you know how this country should be ran you should have ran for public office, Romney was a douche bag, Obamas an even bigger one, but at least Obama is trying to look to the future, if we keep consuming our natural resources at the rate we are now our children won't bear the burden of debt there will be no debt because there will be now planet, at least he's looking into alternative energy, unlike Romney who is just fine with following out our planet and consuming every last drop.of coal and oil

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Well Texas did it, they reached the goal for signatures on a petition to leave the US. It now requires a response from Obama which will likely be a rejection. There are still another 19 states waiting to get the signatures needed.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ca-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B

The originator of the petition is one Micah H. of Arlington, TX. I seriously doubt the state of TX is behind this. And if they were, there would be more to it, than a petition on the White House's website.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Maybe since so many of you know how this country should be ran you should have ran for public office, Romney was a douche bag, Obamas an even bigger one, but at least Obama is trying to look to the future, if we keep consuming our natural resources at the rate we are now our children won't bear the burden of debt there will be no debt because there will be now planet, at least he's looking into alternative energy, unlike Romney who is just fine with following out our planet and consuming every last drop.of coal and oil

I won't run, because I don't want to become a bigger A-hole than I already am. So there!

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I already am president-elect. The rest of this was just for show, the fix was in as we say near Chicago. The Feds arranged it all behind the scenes, and I'll be taking the oath of office in January.

Do you think I could do any worse than the guys we've been electing?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums
Unfortunately, no one has found a way to run planes, trains, heavy trucks, etc on solar panels or windmills. We are an energy driven economy and the key to this nation's prosperity is to have available energy sources at our disposal - preferably our own. Obama is content to drive the oil, gas and coal industries out of business or force them to ship their products overseas to China and India so they can pollute the earth's atmosphere from over there. Keep in mind they don't have the environmental concerns prevalent in the US. But the result is their economies will continue to grow while ours remains stagnant.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are decades away from viable solar/wind/hydroelectric options as Solyndra and many others so readily demonstrate. We need serious research in those areas. More importantly, we need intelligent serious research into those areas. That means very focused very limited scale research in the millions or possibly dozens of millions of dollars, not the billions of dollars Obama and the tree hugging morons readily waste while bemoaning the inadequacy of the expenditures.

In the meantime we need oil and gas here. We have more than enough resources if properly managed. That means out of the hands of bureaucrats and politicians who know nothing and care less about what is in the best interests of the nation.