Obama just won...

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
We are decades away from viable solar/wind/hydroelectric options as Solyndra and many others so readily demonstrate. We need serious research in those areas. More importantly, we need intelligent serious research into those areas. That means very focused very limited scale research in the millions or possibly dozens of millions of dollars, not the billions of dollars Obama and the tree hugging morons readily waste while bemoaning the inadequacy of the expenditures.

In the meantime we need oil and gas here. We have more than enough resources if properly managed. That means out of the hands of bureaucrats and politicians who know nothing and care less about what is in the best interests of the nation.

Decades???? Tell that to Germany.

Sent from my Teddy Ruxspin

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Unfortunately, no one has found a way to run planes, trains, heavy trucks, etc on solar panels or windmills. We are an energy driven economy and the key to this nation's prosperity is to have available energy sources at our disposal - preferably our own. Obama is content to drive the oil, gas and coal industries out of business or force them to ship their products overseas to China and India so they can pollute the earth's atmosphere from over there. Keep in mind they don't have the environmental concerns prevalent in the US. But the result is their economies will continue to grow while ours remains stagnant.

They have found a way to run them on fryer grease...but yes we an energy driven economy but what happens when the coal and fossil fuels run out? We need to start putting better energy solutions in place or this country will be screwed when the wells run dry.
We may be decades away but we better start doing something or when those decades pass we still won't be ready.

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They have found a way to run them on fryer grease...but yes we an energy driven economy but what happens when the coal and fossil fuels run out? We need to start putting better energy solutions in place or this country will be screwed when the wells run dry.
We may be decades away but we better start doing something or when those decades pass we still won't be ready.

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

When the wells run dry i imagine we will be fine. Look at what has happened in the last century. Right now the problem is they are attempting to force change when it is not necessary.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

spongebox

Active Expediter
Force change when its not necessary? Its completely necessary to make a change now, before is too late, some things are necessary before its too late, Europe and Germany are light years ahead of us in alternative solution to the energy issues, and as far as this country being left behind while China prospers, well once we set the standard for alternative fuel and energy on a grand scale that that my friends will put us back at the top of the proverbial food chain...

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Force change when its not necessary? Its completely necessary to make a change now, before is too late, some things are necessary before its too late, Europe and Germany are light years ahead of us in alternative solution to the energy issues, and as far as this country being left behind while China prospers, well once we set the standard for alternative fuel and energy on a grand scale that that my friends will put us back at the top of the proverbial food chain...

We need to capture what we currently have available. You currently have several hundred years of natural gas alone. China prospers because we are dumb enough to borrow 40 cents on the dollar to try and compete with them. They are laughing thier behinds off when they see the results of Solyndra and all the other wasted billions on goofy projects and we are borrowing to do it.
Remember......we currently have NO MONEY.
We need to get our own fiscal system in order before fooling with this stuff.
It doesn't mean you can't do some limited grant research, but forget about billions in unproven businesses that have no record of success.
Government shouldn't even be in business. They virtually have no record of success. If it is a good idea, the marketplace will grab on and develop it.

Last edited:

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
We need to get our own fiscal system in order before fooling with this stuff.
It doesn't mean you can't do some limited grant research, but forget about billions in unproven businesses that have no record of success.
Government shouldn't even be in business. They virtually have no record of success. If it is a good idea, the marketplace will grab on and develop it.

Dave,
Now you are making silly statements that have no place in a conversation about our Government. :rolleyes:
Everything you said requires common sense. You should know better.
Perhaps our third party option should be the Common Sense Party?
Oh, never mind. That would mean the electorate would need common sense.

That ain't happenin. :(

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
When the wells run dry i imagine we will be fine. Look at what has happened in the last century. Right now the problem is they are attempting to force change when it is not necessary.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

I don't support all these new regulations they are trying to force on various industries including ours but I do support looking into viable alternatives...but I'm a tree hugging dirt worshipper who doesn't like the idea of black sky and resource raped land as an it's okay we survived scenario. We keep consuming resources at the rate we are and mother earth will find a way to make us pay for our brutal treatment of her...no one likes a destructive parasite!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Well Texas did it, they reached the goal for signatures on a petition to leave the US. It now requires a response from Obama which will likely be a rejection. There are still another 19 states waiting to get the signatures needed.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ca-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B

The number of blue states petitioning to leave the union comes as a bit of a surprise. Wassa matter, ya vote for the guy and then ya don't like him??? (Seriously--- New York??? Michigan???? I haven't looked at the last report, but I wouldn't be surprised if Illinois is petitioning too--- and we're Obama's home state!!!)

The originator of the petition is one Micah H. of Arlington, TX. I seriously doubt the state of TX is behind this. And if they were, there would be more to it, than a petition on the White House's website.

None of the states are involved in the petitions put forth for secession at whitehouse.gov. Whether a state is seen as red or blue has nothing to do with it. It only takes one person to start the petition there, not the majority in a given state. Then it only takes the magic number of 24,999 additional names for the petition to be reviewed at the White House.

My favorite petition there, still, in regards to states wanting to secede, has doubled in number of US citizens signed in the last couple days: Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States Of America.

I believe the next step is to start a petition to Arrest and Jail All Those Who Signed the Petition To Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States Of America.

Then of course start a petition to Prevent Children Being Born to All Who Signed The Petition To Arrest and Jail All Those Who Signed the Petition To Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States Of America.

spongebox

Active Expediter
And these posts are exactly what keeps this crap in the news when the more important issues like hunger, homelessness, unemployment etc... but I guess if we actually tried to solve these issues then there would be no cconspiracy and so on

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
… In the meantime we need oil and gas here. We have more than enough resources if properly managed…

…but yes we an energy driven economy but what happens when the coal and fossil fuels run out? We need to start putting better energy solutions in place or this country will be screwed when the wells run dry...

We need to capture what we currently have available. You currently have several hundred years of natural gas alone...

Man, this thread is all over the place, from petitions for secession to energy resources.

Think what you may about the recent election, I think one of the coolest things about it all is the amount of discourse--relatively civil in a surprisingly large number of cases--that is taking place on everything from, well, secession to energy resources.

Any time people have dialogue about issues is good. It provides, hopefully, for a more informed electorate.

Back to the oil coal and gas resources...y'all may be interested in the latest report from the IEA, the International Energy Agency (iea.org).

Their report on the World Energy Outlook just this week has some interesting news about North America and its chances in the energy market: North America leads shift in global energy balance, IEA says in latest World Energy Outlook

Deciphered here by the Washington Post: The U.S. may become energy-independent after all.

Hell, in the greater scope of things, that is just around the corner. . .

Last edited:

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Their report on the World Energy Outlook just this week has some interesting news about North America and its chances in the energy market:

Hell, in the greater scope of things, that is just around the corner. . .

Gee, the Post article made me feel all warm and fuzzy imagining a future where we control our own energy. Then the last sentence brought me back to the harsh reality.

“Oil prices are set globally,” the IEA reminds, “so consumers in the United States will continue to feel the effects of worldwide price fluctuations.”

Worldwide price "fixing" will still rule. :(

Last edited: