November winds of change, banter, and a surprise whoopee cushion

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After over analyzing my odds for getting home by Tuesday from KC. I started working my way home. I planned on stopping off in Indy for the day. But it was such a nice night for driving, minus the temperature, I kept on rolling. Although a promise to a 6 yr old may have had more weight on the decision haha. On one of my stays along the way, I saw a sight that made me appreciate Load One even more. A driver from another company was digging through the trash to collect cans and bottles. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who does this, and praise the person for doing it. I've been there and done that in the past. I was raised pretty poor and my father was a super can collector. He could spot a can in the weeds on the highway doing 70 and would stop and back up for it. He provided a lot of extras for us with his effort. What struck me was while this person was collecting, I had been thinking if I should get a motel room or just keep driving home. I am thankful, that Load One has giving me the opportunity to better my life, and in the process, enables me to have choices that I did not have before :)

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After over analyzing my odds for getting home by Tuesday from KC. I started working my way home. I planned on stopping off in Indy for the day. But it was such a nice night for driving, minus the temperature, I kept on rolling. Although a promise to a 6 yr old may have had more weight on the decision haha. On one of my stays along the way, I saw a sight that made me appreciate Load One even more. A driver from another company was digging through the trash to collect cans and bottles. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who does this, and praise the person for doing it. I've been there and done that in the past. I was raised pretty poor and my father was a super can collector. He could spot a can in the weeds on the highway doing 70 and would stop and back up for it. He provided a lot of extras for us with his effort. What struck me was while this person was collecting, I had been thinking if I should get a motel room or just keep driving home. I am thankful, that Load One has giving me the opportunity to better my life, and in the process, enables me to have choices that I did not have before :)

Are you sure you're not in Lodi, CA??? That's where the can-man is......

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
My goodness this cold weather stinks!!!! Not much of a winter person I guess. Good week last week and a really busy start to the day. Hope everyone stays rolling and safe!

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My goodness this cold weather stinks!!!! Not much of a winter person I guess. Good week last week and a really busy start to the day. Hope everyone stays rolling and safe!

I'll 2nd that, Hope everyone has a great week and makes it home or to Family.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Let me know when you want to shop for another building in Florida. :cool:
Got a few by the house.